Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    75 days for AK 40 then 1000 dungeon runs? That's a Korean MMO level of grind right there, Only we're paying for the privilege.
    Well again you don't have to do those 1000 dungeon runs when there are plenty of sources to obtain AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckadots View Post
    Just...IDK what to even say to such a ignorant comment like this. You and people like you probably play like an hour a day and thats fine, you can be a casual nobody that doesnt care about things. But some of us play to be actually GOOD at the game and competitive.
    hahaha, look at this guy. She thinks that you have to have better gear to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    hahaha, look at this guy. She thinks that you have to have better gear to be good.
    Not sure i said anywhere in there that you need "better gear" to be good.

I'm not even done with my main weapon yet in 7.1.5. I get adding new traits, but requiring such ridiculous amounts of AP to finish the weapon is nuts.

IMO the bonuses provided by the new Paragon trait should be marginal; 5%, 7% at most. Absolute min-maxers will still want it, the rest of us can farm AP at a reasonable rate and still see the sun from time to time.

Also, 1000 MoS runs to max out 1 weapon on 1 character? Jesus. The fact that WOD lacked content doesn't mean they needed to turn this game into a Korean MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You're assuming that's the case because: _______
    Because that's what happened the last 2 raids we got. ToV was tuned for 35 and half NH mythic is tuned for 54. Even if it's not tuned around a maxed out weapon every extra point helps in killing the bosses faster and you don't want to do anything that's not farming ap on main which gets bored quickly.

That being said I think and I hope that those numbers aren't finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm not even done with my main weapon yet in 7.1.5. I get adding new traits, but requiring such ridiculous amounts of AP to finish the weapon is nuts.

IMO the bonuses provided by the new Paragon trait should be marginal; 5%, 7% at most. Absolute min-maxers will still want it, the rest of us can farm AP at a reasonable rate and still see the sun from time to time.

Also, 1000 MoS runs to max out 1 weapon on 1 character? Jesus. The fact that WOD lacked content doesn't mean they needed to turn this game into a Korean MMO.
    You mean because the idea is for you not to max it out the moment the patch is live? God forbid you have to grind. Also again those 1000 runs are optional with the immense amount of AP sources in the game.

Hell Sharasdal for me is 11/20 on the passive atm and I started late. Done about 12 Mythic + Dungeons. Rest of it came from LFR, Normal, World Quests and PvP among other things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well again you don't have to do those 1000 dungeon runs when there are plenty of sources to obtain AP.
    Map with plenty of AP quests: ~900k. Good luck doing those in the time it takes to run MoS x3.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    You mean the sources that award quite a decent amount when AK is at a high level?
    None of those sources award as much as spammable mythic+.

You can collect a maximum of like 300k AP a day from WQs at 25AK, and lets say you also do a heroic dungeon a day so that's 400K AP a day.
    Well, guess what, CURRENTLY that means it'll take you 163 days to reach Artifact level 54.

As you can see on the picture in the OP it will require you 4 times as much relative AP to max out your artifact in 7.2, so by your awesome "other sources" method it'll take approximately 650 days to max out your artifact! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Heckadots View Post
    Not sure i said anywhere in there that you need "better gear" to be good.
    You were criticising someone who said you do not need the maxed out artifact. You said that it is ok if he want to be a nobody implying that you do need the weapon. You then said that some of us (meaning you) want to be good at the game implying you can only do that by having things maxed out. You totally said it which is why i laughed because it is not the gear, it is the player. Of course you will disagree, say that you didn't say it (which is ridiculous in itself, its right there for everyone to see) and will probably call me a dirty casual or something. Then I will laugh some more.
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post

https://twitter.com/Justw8/status/830548673297805315

Thoughts?

People with currently maxed out artifact weapons are forced to do 17 less runs.
    To put this into perspectivem, 0-54 required approximately ~250 runs at 25AK
    the system was not made to be done in a few weeks, it was ment to be done over the corse of an expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    if you only do mos, you're crazy, just do raid, pvp thing if you like it, expedition, emissary chest and that would take like a lot less maw to do
    Running maw 6-9 is the most efficient way anyway. The main point is that it takes 4 times the amount of time that it takes now to get to 54.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the system was not made to be done in a few weeks, it was ment to be done over the corse of an expansion
    Pretty much this. Feel free to do those 1k Maw runs. Nobody has a gun to your head making you though. I imagine there will be better sources of obtaining AP if they keep with the amount presented in the OP.

Although tbh I'd be cool with a grindfest. Korean and FF11 experience has taught me no grind nowadays will ever be as bad.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-12 at 05:44 AM.

You mean because the idea is for you not to max it out the moment the patch is live? God forbid you have to grind. Also again those 1000 runs are optional with the immense amount of AP sources in the game.

Hell Sharasdal for me is 11/20 on the passive atm and I started late. Done about 12 Mythic + Dungeons. Rest of it came from LFR, Normal, World Quests and PvP among other things.
    Is that your main weapon? If so, you're 9 traits behind where you need to be for the later half of Mythic NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    None of those sources award as much as spammable mythic+.

You can collect a maximum of like 300k AP a day from WQs at 25AK, and lets say you also do a heroic dungeon a day so that's 400K AP a day.
    Well, guess what, CURRENTLY that means it'll take you 163 days to reach Artifact level 54.

As you can see on the picture in the OP it will require you 4 times as much relative AP to max out your artifact in 7.2, so by your awesome "other sources" method it'll take approximately 650 days to max out your artifact! Great job!
    Do the math when it says 1.2 Million of other sources. That's how much AP I have on my map right now. That doesn't include anything that drops of mythic bosses or Heroic dungeon bonuses or doing any raiding. Could be as much as 9-10 million AP a week. Nothing will beat a spammable, unlimited source but that is not to say that other sources are not a viable way of doing it AND be a source that is not as detrimental to the enjoyment of the game. I know right. How dare people be so fucking casual.
    why so mad bro

Pretty much this. Feel free to do those 1k Maw runs. Nobody has a gun to your head making you though. I imagine there will be better sources of obtaining AP if they keep with the amount presented in the OP.

Although tbh I'd be cool with a grindfest. Korean and FF11 experience has taught me no grind nowadays will ever be as bad.
    Why is the hardest content in the game tuned around having a maxed weapon then?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    I know this won't even graze the surface of your head, but you know there is no actual imperative to do any of these things right? Are you so lost in your life that you've actually come to believe that collecting non-existent artefact power is actually something you should spend your finite amount of time trying to acquire.
    That only hold true as long as they dont balance bosses around everyone having max. Like how NH mythic is now, its kinda 54 traits or GTFO on krosus even.

That means your around halfway on your first spec. Like damn the last two points stand for 15% of total AP gained.
    Compare this to 7.2 (current build) where effort needed seem go up four times. Imagine if you were only 12% into your weapon right now.
    Last edited by BergErr; 2017-02-12 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Why is the hardest content in the game tuned around having a maxed weapon then?
    Mind showing me a source that Blizzard themselves say that? Just out of curiosity.

I feel like when people say " you arent forced" or "you don't have to" they are missing the team dynamic of mythic raiding. I'm not talking about your guild leader telling you to grind or bench, no you can just switch your guild in that case.

The main issue is that if you have been with your guild for a while and you have decent relationships with most of the raiders you end up forcing yourself to grind. If you don't then you end up feeling like you are holding your team back and that you are letting your friends and guild mates down.

So solution for people like that is either to force yourself to grind or quit the game, raiding however is still amazing and very fun so in a lot of cases they end up forcing themselves to grind and hate every second of it. This is why mythic raiders tend to "complain" about the AP/legendary grind because they are trying to change the game in a way that is more enjoyable for them.

Mind showing me a source that Blizzard themselves say that? Just out of curiosity.
    Don't need a source, talk to the people doing the content. Try doing Spell Argur, Krosus, or other 3/10+ fights without a majority of the raid having 54 traits. Some of them are extremely tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Don't need a source, talk to the people doing the content. Try doing Spell Argur, Krosus, or other 3/10+ fights without a majority of the raid having 54 traits. Some of them are extremely tight.
    So you have no source from Blizzard themselves? Gotcha. Come back and talk to me when you have one.