Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Not necessarily true considering caches, but even outside of actual NH gear you can get gear that ilvl from anywhere.

So, my point still stands.
    You didn't read my whole post? GL farming a full set of 905-910 in Mythic +. Post back when you're finished after Nighthold ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Who will carry your M+ keys then?
    The actual Hardcores instead of the tryhards.

I'd suggest waiting to see what more of the patch content looks like before grabbing your pitchforks. Based on the continuous complaints they read of the M+ grind I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard increased sources of other AP or add new ways to gain AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizenberg View Post
    I'd suggest waiting to see what more of the patch content looks like before grabbing your pitchforks. Based on the continuous complaints they read of the M+ grind I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard increased sources of other AP or add new ways to gain AP.
    Didn't they say something in an interview that AP wouldn't be used to increase the new traits in 7.2? Part of the reason they have made current AP items able to be sold for gold is it not? I'll have a look back at the interviews and 7.2 stuff but I'm sure I remember them saying future traits wouldn't be unlocked with AP. Could be wrong though.

If not though does seem people are getting their pitchforks out way too early. If that's how much AP they are sticking with then they will more than likely introduce more sources of AP.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-12 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    You didn't read my whole post? GL farming a full set of 905-910 in Mythic +. Post back when you're finished after Nighthold ends.
    I addressed that, not sure how you missed it considering my point was made in one sentence. But anyway, between the bosses you actually are killing, other NH bosses on heroic, mythic+, your mythic+ cache plus your weekly event caches, etc, etc, the overwhelming majority of guilds will, yes, be getting their first Gul'dan kill at way higher ilvls than most of these first few kills have been.

Meaning that those guilds that have already cleared it could have cleared it with, say, only 50 traits but another week or two of gear. This is just simple math - those last few traits help but they're only part of an equation.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Didn't they say something in an interview that AP wouldn't be used to increase the new traits in 7.2? Part of the reason they have made current AP items able to be sold for gold is it not? I'll have a look back at the interviews and 7.2 stuff but I'm sure I remember them saying future traits wouldn't be unlocked with AP. Could be wrong though.
    Current AP cannot be saved or hoarded to be used once 7.2 is released. Only AP earned after 7.2 can be used on weapons currently 54.

Current AP cannot be saved or hoarded to be used once 7.2 is released. Only AP earned after 7.2 can be used on weapons currently 54.
    Ah then I misread. That pretty much explains why it can be sold.

Virtually my entire raiding team has dinged 54 on their main spec (mandated by our GM) and a few also on off specs. For some it was not a bad grind, for others it was a god awful grind. Make it worse and we will lose enough to kill our team. Unfortunately I don't think Blizzard sees things from that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No just current AP tokens won't work, because people were stockpiling them in their bank and bags as a prep for 7.2. Also they made AP items able to be sold for gold for people who have 54 in all 3 specs but are still grinding M+ for legendarys.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    No just current AP tokens won't work, because people were stockpiling them in their bank and bags as a prep for 7.2. Also they made AP item able to be sold for gold for people who have 54 in all 3 specs but are still grinding M+ for legendarys.
    Well if they are doing that then it's more than likely more AP sources will be coming in. That or they will reduce the amount to max it out. Or we could end up with a good old grindfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckadots View Post
    over 1k M+ dungeons to max out 1 artifact for 1 character is bad design. People like to play more than 1 character or more than 1 spec at the highest ability possible, this prevents that.
    Didnt know M+ is the only way to get AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    By that logic you aren't forced to do anything in life, like I stated previously. You aren't forced to go to work, to make a living.

The "you aren't forced to do it" argument is shit because regardless if people are """""forced"""""" to do something, people can still complain about a shitty game design.
    Yeah sure but if my job honestly thinks I'm gonna do 1000 M+ MoS runs, then I'll gladly take a different job that pays 75% of my old one for doing 1/100th of the hard work.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the system was not made to be done in a few weeks, it was ment to be done over the corse of an expansion
    Unfortunately people like the OP want it all done yesterday and then they will complain because they will have nothing to do the rest of the expansion or leave the game because they burned themselves out so soon.. The funny thing will be if they add in more traits in 7.3 and up the AK to level 55 or 60 and if that happens can expect another whine thread like this..

Quote Originally Posted by Berph View Post
    Didnt know M+ is the only way to get AP.
    It is the most time efficient way to get AP, so M+ is often used as unit of measure for amount of AP you need.

I addressed that, not sure how you missed it considering my point was made in one sentence. But anyway, between the bosses you actually are killing, other NH bosses on heroic, mythic+, your mythic+ cache plus your weekly event caches, etc, etc, the overwhelming majority of guilds will, yes, be getting their first Gul'dan kill at way higher ilvls than most of these first few kills have been.

Meaning that those guilds that have already cleared it could have cleared it with, say, only 50 traits but another week or two of gear. This is just simple math - those last few traits help but they're only part of an equation.
    That's true. Guess it all depends what you want from Mythic raiding. You have people who want to compete in their respective groups and then you have people who just want to progress at their own pace. For me the category I'm pursuing is top 40 US/100-150 world. Not having those traits to make up for lacking gear really hurts. It hurts even more if you don't do splits.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only competition in raiding that exist is world first? I guess my three day guild needs to start getting better so we can beat guilds raiding six/seven.
    I am not against personal competition, however my problem with it becomes when people want the game tuned around a super minority activity and try to act superior (not all do though, there are plenty of super cool comp raiders) Fact is, outside of you (Not you in particular) and your surrounding guild, nobody cares about your progress, if you aren't a World First or top 10, then you are really much at all to the rest.

... is anyone that's cleared mythic Nighthold in full mythic NH gear ? Seems odd to say it's tuned for 54 traits, while the people clearing it still have like 25% of their gear from EN/ToV. I'd imagine having full mythic NH gear would be a much bigger dps increase than, say, the difference between 50 and 54 traits.

Point being - obviously it's tuned around a certain level of performance, but people are making those last few traits out to be a bigger deal than they are.
    Many dont have big upgrades left to gain, unless it titanforge. Just look in your own guild with players ilvl 900-904 equipped. Full NH mythic (no TF/WF) will put one at what, 907-910? It will help ofc, but you can only gain that after already killing the dps roadblocks (krosus/augur).
    Everyone missing four traits would be atleast 200k less dps on a ST fight. Quite significant on a fight like Krosus where everyone should do atleast 650k~ (10mil raid dps).

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Unfortunately people like the OP want it all done yesterday and then they will complain because they will have nothing to do the rest of the expansion or leave the game because they burned themselves out so soon.. The funny thing will be if they add in more traits in 7.3 and up the AK to level 55 or 60 and if that happens can expect another whine thread like this..
    Actually, getting AP feels like a chore that you have to do to have fun as a mythic raider. I dunno what OP wants but a decent amount of mythic raiders in 3-4 night guilds would prefer WoD to this. Log on raid, then log off till next raid, all your time spent in game is you having fun rather than boring and annoying grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It would be interesting to know how many players who participated in the mythic NH race are posting in this thread.
    A much larger portion of people would simply like to kill the boss while it is the current raid tier. If it is balanced around having a BiS legendary and a maxed out weapon, then you have a "highly encouraged" setup for maxing out the weapon. One could say "forced".

It is unusual for Blizz to make it harder to complete a weapon as an xpac gets older. I do not expect the 17 wasted (and that's not even counting the runs you make while AK isn't maxed) runs to continue. Maybe they'll increase the amount dropped.

It should also be argued that if you are mythic geared and spamming carries of Maw+7, maybe you should up the difficulty a bit. Spam maw+12 or similar, since your gear is better.

im banking all the AP i get now and use them when 7.2 comes, good idea?