Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Most likely 2-3 months. And ye its gona suck, specialy if theres another mastery trait after all the new traits are acquired.
    With how much the new traits cost theyll need to wait for AK 30+ to really make a dent, if not 35. The way things are scheduled, AK 40 will hit right around when Tombs coming out (disclaimer: just a guess)

From Scratch 10/10

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    From Scratch 10/10
    Thank god. Video now please.

Deleted
    Baguettes > Burgers confirmed lads lul

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Allow limited attempts for bosses.
    That's pretty much what started the whole thing with split runs...unless it's account wide restriction it won't do much, hell might not do much more than raise the requirements to having multiple accounts instead of doing what you want it to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    That's pretty much what started the whole thing with split runs...unless it's account wide restriction it won't do much, hell might not do much more than raise the requirements to having multiple accounts instead of doing what you want it to do.
    I know you're talking about split runs here, but in regards to the AP grind...

Short of removing AP entirely then, how do you fix this? Add a weekly cap like valor points used to have? That's about the only thing I can think of. Add a weekly cap, where x portion of it bleeds over per week to help people catch up.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2017-02-12 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I know you're talking about split runs here, but in regards to the AP grind...

Short of removing AP entirely then, how do you fix this? Add a weekly cap like valor points used to have? That's about the only thing I can think of. Add a weekly cap, where x portion of it bleeds over per week to help people catch up.
    Cap the active traits in the first two weeks of a new raid and tune the raid accordingly. More traits in the following weeks would naturally nerf the raid. Cap should be high enough that people like me with currently 40 traits don't reintroduce the self-pressure to go for the cap but low enough to save bleeding edge raiders from running 14h of MoS every day.

Deleted
    Account- and/or guild-wide limited attempts. To be forced to have multiple accounts and multiple guilds should be unattractive enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    There will be at least 2 more kills before the reset
    I wouldn't question you since you're involved in the progress. Really efficient progress if either Limit or FYS kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Account- and/or guild-wide limited attempts. To be forced to have multiple accounts and multiple guilds should be unattractive enough.
    I think you underestimate the dedication among high end raiders.

Yep. Ion did openly ask the community for ideas on how to curtail split raiding at some point during Legion's development. I'd wager the reason Blizzard never bothered to do anything is that most of the suggestions were still able to be manipulated by players or unfairly impacted the gameplay of players who would never do a split run. Ultimately, they decided the scope of split raiding's effect on the game (mostly only in top 50 guilds or the WF race) was less derivative than fixing a problem which doesn't really exist anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Multiple people suggested a raid tournament realm were gear would be a non-issue which would immediately remove any need to split raid.
    Why force people to play on a certain realm just for the "sanctity" of a race not many people care about to begin with? This is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It wouldn't force anyone but the people who play on that race? It would legitimize the race and make it broadly accessible (since it would cut both prep time as well as the need for split runs and multiple alts) and thus far more might be interested in taking part.
    But then you have two rankings, people on this realm and people on the regular realms. So again there is a competition for first on the regular realms and the split run issue remains. And if you think rank on regular realm doesn't matter you clearly never tried to recruit players.

A solution needs to fix the problem om live realms and affect everyone equally without loopholes.

Deleted
    You underestimate the degressive interest in world-to-#1 hardcore raiding. If exorsus leaves this bracket, we have only method and serenity left. The engagement of ppl one bracket lower is already cut by half. to be forced to have multiple accounts per player in those top guilds, it would be instantly the end of this bracket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    You underestimate the degressive interest in world-to-#1 hardcore raiding. If exorsus leaves this bracket, we have only method and serenity left. The engagement of ppl one bracket lower is already cut by half. to be forced to have multiple accounts per player in those top guilds, it would be instantly the end of this bracket.
    FS is clearly raiding world first hours too.

Any "So you are hardcore? But are you hardcore enough to do this?" changes will only hurt mid-table wannabe hardcore guilds that try to copy people doing it full time. Talk about rewards and recognition resurfaced again because Legion is just painful with all the RNG. The game just needs more deterministic ways to get the best stuff at the higher end.

I think the golden middle ground was in WotLK, where you if you raided 25 man, you were expected to run a 10 man as well to get upgrades - which meant 5-10 hours extra per week outside of raiding hours. In cataclysm with the gear unification, it wasn't as prevalent, but still fine. It was only in MoP where I would straight up raid log because there was nothing else to do.

Legion is a bit too much though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I think the golden middle ground was in WotLK, where you if you raided 25 man, you were expected to run a 10 man as well to get upgrades - which meant 5-10 hours extra per week outside of raiding hours. In cataclysm with the gear unification, it wasn't as prevalent, but still fine. It was only in MoP where I would straight up raid log because there was nothing else to do.
    But if you put in something like that in todays raiding scene, you'd just have people running 25 and 10 man on their 6 characters, instead of just running it on heroic on their 6 characters

Deleted
    Grats to From Scratch on their Gul'dan kill.

Just noticed their wipe count on twitter. Wow.