Poll: Should multi-boxing be against the WoW terms of service?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Why can't you see that me having to bring four people to kill the one person is exactly the problem?
    Why can't you see that you considering them as one person is exactly the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with it as long that it doesn't impede the gameplay of everyone else. Small multi-boxing in BGs is fine (Read: 2~3 simultaneous characters), but over that it's not only overkill, it's making the experience of literally everyone bitter.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

They should add a few restrictions, like gathering nodes with shared uses are locked one use per account or something. It's a pain when a group of 3-8 characters under the control of one person kills you in 2 seconds out in the world, but it's rare enough that it's not a huge deal. The issues in my eyes are more economical than anything, especially with the recent changes to gathering.

Deleted
    Why can't you see that me having to bring four people to kill the one person is exactly the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    Why can't you see that you considering them as one person is exactly the problem?
    This is the point I have been trying to make. If they had been four separate people you still would have died as per your own admission BUT you wouldn't have anything to complain about (or maybe you would but it would be something else).

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    They should add a few restrictions, like gathering nodes with shared uses are locked one use per account or something. It's a pain when a group of 3-8 characters under the control of one person kills you in 2 seconds out in the world, but it's rare enough that it's not a huge deal. The issues in my eyes are more economical than anything, especially with the recent changes to gathering.
    That may actually be a genuine concern. I think Blizzard would respond that even though it's 4 times the node, it's still only one character's profession it could be used for though.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    This is the point I have been trying to make. If they had been four separate people you still would have died as per your own admission BUT you wouldn't have anything to complain about (or maybe you would but it would be something else).
    But it ISN'T four other people. It's 1 person paying to have the power of four people. Of course it would be ok if 4 different people attacked someone, but that's not what's happening.

lol every time someone bitches about multiboxing its someone complaining about getting nuked in PvP

Blizzard doesn't care unless you're basically boxing enough to crash servers because its a ton of $$$ for them. If it bothers you that much go buy a couple wow tokens and xfer off to hide from all the mean old multiboxers

I don't really care much, unless I get phased into a PvP realm and a guy train-wrecks me with 20+ toons.

It isn't against the ToS, but I can see how people on PvP realms can lose their shit. However, it seems rare when I run into it and way back when I did play on PvP realms I'd say people asking for help in dealing with multi-boxers and eventually a group would show up to shut down the player so???????????? Just seems like an annoyance.

Was there some secret vote taken to just ignore that guy's claim about the multiboxer being a felon? That post started a little slow but ended with a flourish.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    But it ISN'T four other people. It's 1 person paying to have the power of four people. Of course it would be ok if 4 different people attacked someone, but that's not what's happening.
    Irrelevant. You got owned by 4 characters. A good player would ask if there was anything they could have done to avoid death, a bad player finds a reason to whine about how unfair it is.

In your case you realised that those 4 characters were in fact the same player using multi-boxing, something you have no vested interest in, and that became your reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    lol every time someone bitches about multiboxing its someone complaining about getting nuked in PvP
    True fact is oh so very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Was there some secret vote taken to just ignore that guy's claim about the multiboxer being a felon? That post started a little slow but ended with a flourish.
    Wut?

10+ Year Old Account
    But he doesn't have the power of 4 people. He can't stagger his cc or interrupts (unless he has separate keybinds), he can't stagger his CD's (unless he has separate keybinds), and he can't be aware of the CC done to all of his characters.

No. I think you're just making a mountain out of a molehill. I've only seen them on like a dozen occasions while playing since 2007.

There is one guy on my server that sometimes puts up shows in Orgrimmar with toys and mounts and other flashy stuff. It's pretty cool to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxing and duplicating inputs no, and it should be officialized by blizzard, however trying to play stupid and kill useful NPC and camping ppl on pvp realms should give at least a 1 year ban per account

Deleted
    Personally I loved to see how ~40 Druids attacked Stormshield back in WoD. It was just hilarious to watch them all cast Starfall same time and shit started dying. Maybe in instanced PvP it shouldn't be allowed, just maybe.

Irrelevant. You got owned by 4 characters. A good player would ask if there was anything they could have done to avoid death, a bad player finds a reason to whine about how unfair it is.

In your case you realised that those 4 characters were in fact the same player using multi-boxing, something you have no vested interest in, and that became your reason.
    Not irrelevant. You just don't seem to comprehend.

Deleted
    Not irrelevant. You just don't seem to comprehend.
    I shall assume that you were being unintentionally ironic. You appear to have quoted the relevant explanation but only focused on the initial word.

You also then skipped over ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But he doesn't have the power of 4 people. He can't stagger his cc or interrupts (unless he has separate keybinds), he can't stagger his CD's (unless he has separate keybinds), and he can't be aware of the CC done to all of his characters.
    ... which further emphasises my point.

I shall assume that you were being unintentionally ironic. You appear to have quoted the relevant explanation but only focused on the initial word.

You also then skipped over ...

... which further emphasises my point.

Ok. We both enter a room with 2 computers with WoW LAN set up. I'll multi-box. You choose your favorite class. Let's duel for $100 a duel and we'll see how fair it is.

Ok. We both enter a room with 2 computers with WoW LAN set up. I'll multi-box. You choose your favorite class. Let's duel for $100 a duel and we'll see how fair it is.
    If you're expecting fair pvp then go play some rated bgs/arena. There's nothing fair about dueling, open world or unrated pvp.

If multiboxing was this plague you're making it out to be then far more people would be crying over it. Go play on a carebear server if getting ganked bothers you so much.

How can you multibox in a 1v1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    If you're expecting fair pvp then go play some rated bgs/arena. There's nothing fair about dueling, open world or unrated pvp.

If multiboxing was this plague you're making it out to be then far more people would be crying over it. Go play on a carebear server if getting ganked bothers you so much.
    I didn't say it was a plague. And thanks for just writing off paying for OPness because it isn't bg/arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    How can you multibox in a 1v1?
    it is 1v1. Good try.