Poll: How many legiondaries and do you like the system?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    4 on main, 5 on alt (yes, really), 2 on alt. I think the system is garbage. Completely RNG distribution of 10%+ power increases that last the entire expansion is fucked. At least you know what you're getting when it comes to grinding artifact power, grinding legendaries is just agonizing and makes people hate the game.

Deleted
    4 all crap, hate it with a passion, no twinks, no changing specs, no feeling good about my character .. a game design nightmare imho.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I have 6 and I hate it.

Legendaries should not be awarded by rng.
    I get what you're saying. I'm guessing they did it this way because we already have a slow-but-steady progression system with artifacts. Doing legendaries like they've done in the past would feel like two grinds at once to many players.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I enjoy the concept of legendary items, but the fact that it is all random what god damn legendary you get, and when you get them, is absolutely atrocious. Do not get me wrong, I am fine with RNG on WHEN you get them, but not being able to control the ones you do end up getting feels unnecessarily foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 4, and I don't like them or dislike them, but I believe they should've called them something else, like exotics, because that's basically what they are; the exotics found in Destiny.

Nothing about them feels legendary, you don't do anything for them, you just get them.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I get what you're saying. I'm guessing they did it this way because we already have a slow-but-steady progression system with artifacts. Doing legendaries like they've done in the past would feel like two grinds at once to many players.
    But artifacts also serve the same role legendaries did in MoP and WoD, namely being a progressive nerf to the content. The legendaries we have now are in a weird place where they can't be balanced around, nor can they be completely ignored by the devs.

Because if you start balancing around people having BiS legendaries, then what about the ones who don't? Are they just going to be left behind because they can't compete? And if they completely ignore legendaries, what about the people who're putting out 10% more dps than everyone else because they have BiS legendaries?

Deleted
    I'm at 4 legs on my hpal, all 4 range from good to BiS, and I still strongly dislike the legendary system. I'm playing hpal and almost never do anything else than heal apart from the occasional tanking in mythic+ so it doesn't really affect me but the pressure legs (and AP) put on you to commit to only one spec is something I really hate.

The frustration that comes with only dropping utility legs is also something I could never deal with. I raid in an "okay" progression guild (around 300-400 world), we don't do alts, split raids or anything to be competitive and during the first few weeks I was terrified I would get a Sephuz or the speed boots, I probably would've quit if my first leg hadn't been one of the good ones. I've seen a hunter just give up after getting Sephuz and Prydaz, then the mail helm and legs that both heal you.

I wish every leg was utility only. Sure some would be marginally better than others, maybe stats would fit your class and spec better, maybe it would allow you to ignore this or that part of some fight, but at least you wouldn't feel bad when looting one that does next to nothing for you and you would be able to switch specs much more easily when an encounter requires it or when your spec gets nerfed into oblivion.

Deleted
    Loramus, Raddon's and Prydaz. I hate the system, it's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    What are you talking about they weren't RNG since WotLK and even in Classic/BC you could assign it to the person of your choice.
    Quest drops varied slightly, that's nothing compared to what he have now.
    You're right it was worse cause guilds just gave them to their officers regardless if they were good or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You're right it was worse cause guilds just gave them to their officers regardless if they were good or not.
    The system was bad, I agree with that. Also quite frustrating if your raid farmed legendaries for a single guy and he left for a better guild.

I have 6 account-wide (4 on main, 2 on alt) and am ambivalent about the system. I like the drive it gives to do more content, and it's undoubtedly exciting waiting for one. What I don't like is waiting a very long time without an orange drop and then getting literally the worst one possible (as happened with my alt recently - a character that already had one of the more mediocre ones as a first legendary).

I enjoy it more than the MoP and WoD methods of getting legendaries. As someone who doesn't raid higher than HC, and have a super-casual guild, I don't have a regular raid spot to worry about. As such, I think it's pretty cool that there are amazingly powerful pieces of gear out there that anyone, in theory, could get, and I also like that doing more - particularly higher-end or harder content - is supposed to increase your chances of getting that gear. But the problem with any RNG-based system is that some people are always going to be unlucky, and I'm not satisfied that BLP is doing enough.

Besides which, just because I'm not a competitive raider doesn't mean I don't want to do well. I'm expecting my 5th for my main any day now. I already have 2 dps legendaries, Prydaz and another armour-type-wide utility. It's not a great selection but it's not terrible, either. But yes, at this point I feel I'm due one of the 2 BiS ones - and when the 5th one drops, if it isn't one of those two, yes, it's going to be annoying.

I'm stuck at five and I can't understand why.

I believe using the Essences of Amun'Thul to upgrade a legendary to 940 counts as getting a legendary, and resets and bad luck protection.

Sadly, its more likely they just lied about keeping bad luck protection in the game again.

I have 4 legendaries and I like the system just fine.

Although, as has already been pointed out by players and Blizzard, it was a poor idea to make legendaries that greatly boost dps.

But if there was nothing but random utility, then neato.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got 4 and think system is very bad, tbh i don't rly consider that items legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    I have 6 account-wide (4 on main, 2 on alt) and am ambivalent about the system. I like the drive it gives to do more content, and it's undoubtedly exciting waiting for one. What I don't like is waiting a very long time without an orange drop and then getting literally the worst one possible (as happened with my alt recently - a character that already had one of the more mediocre ones as a first legendary).

I enjoy it more than the MoP and WoD methods of getting legendaries. As someone who doesn't raid higher than HC, and have a super-casual guild, I don't have a regular raid spot to worry about. As such, I think it's pretty cool that there are amazingly powerful pieces of gear out there that anyone, in theory, could get, and I also like that doing more - particularly higher-end or harder content - is supposed to increase your chances of getting that gear. But the problem with any RNG-based system is that some people are always going to be unlucky, and I'm not satisfied that BLP is doing enough.

Besides which, just because I'm not a competitive raider doesn't mean I don't want to do well. I'm expecting my 5th for my main any day now. I already have 2 dps legendaries, Prydaz and another armour-type-wide utility. It's not a great selection but it's not terrible, either. But yes, at this point I feel I'm due one of the 2 BiS ones - and when the 5th one drops, if it isn't one of those two, yes, it's going to be annoying.
    OK, now I'm pissed.

Just got my main's 5th legendary - first one since November - and it was just about the worst one I could have got, as I can't use it in any situation over the other 4. I still don't have any of the 3 top DPS legendaries for my spec. Even though I'm not a progression raider, so in a sense it doesn't 'matter', I'm incredibly frustrated. If I could trade three of these in for one of the two BiS, I absolutely would.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 and I dislike this system. Legendaries are too strong to be pure RNG.

The system is rubbish, and will continue to be rubbish until they take out the RNG aspect. A game where there can be two players of equal item level, gear itemization, artifact level, and skill, but one is still 100k+ DPS ahead of the other because one has BiS legendaries, and the other doesn't is a shit game for people who are competitive. I've been playing, and loving legion, but it's been 4+ months of farming and I still don't have double BiS legendaries on any of my 3 characters that have more than 2 each. I have 10 total legendaries over 3 characters, and only 2 are BiS legendaries (on 2 different characters). The whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth. I'll keep going on for the next 2 weeks until my sub runs out, and then ill probably buy a month or two on bnet gold, but legendary luck just put others on different levels and I feel like I'll never catch up to them sooo until that changes I'll just take a break and be a filthy casual.

I forgot I had 2 legendaries as I never use one of them. Count me for have 2 and do not like the system. Perhaps when I get more and the intended situational use as the devs are hoping for comes to fruition I might end up liking the system. Right now though the system is dealing with being a grind that is supposed to last for at least half the expansion until it is good. Makes it a shitty system. Should of just released a few legendaries per class per tier with higher drop rates to make it something players can reasonably play with from early on.

I have three and have have a very 'eh' opinion on the system.

I have 4+ on main, picking the lower of the replies, hoping it gets changed to "I do not like the system" by mods at some point