Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not how that works.
    2/10

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Think about it, the website provides their service to you FOR FREE, but the catch is, well, ads. When you are blocking the ads you are stealing the money they are entitled to! AND THAT IS STEALING. It is wrong, do you wish to keep websites free? Turn off your adblock now, instantly, at this very moment.
    A lot of ads require clicks so if I never click ads anyway, I might as well hide them right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Not how that works.
    2/10
    How so? .

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't care. if I surf this site or many others I get warnings and attempts to install crap on my phone /pc

I use Kaspersky, Adblock, Ublock and Noscript on firefox , or Brave when I'm surfing.

The clickbait, flash exploit filled crap is a detriment.

I belong to one site that has properly and cleanly embedded site sponsor ads that don't change ( from long time sponsors of the forum and firearms community. I allow those they are unobtrusive and clean, unlike the crap that are ads across the next.

Nope, Nope Nope, Nope. The breaking point was when they started throwing shit up in my face and playing video adds without my consent. Them and there ads can die a slow death in hell, my addblocker stays on.

I actually tend to not give business to companies that abuse my everyday life with ads. So they should be happy I don't see their full page ads across the screen because I still have a chance of shopping there.

Michelin on the other hand, too many 15 second full page ads to get to my favorite auto website, I don't buy their products.

I mean, I could claim it's "stealing" to have my limited bandwidth eaten up by animated and audio ads, particularly on YouTube videos, that I never agreed to viewing in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Don't care. if I surf this site or many others I get warnings and attempts to install crap on my phone /pc

I use Kaspersky, Adblock, Ublock and Noscript on firefox , or Brave when I'm surfing.

The clickbait, flash exploit filled crap is a detriment.

I belong to one site that has properly and cleanly embedded site sponsor ads that don't chance ( from long time sponsors of the forum and firearms community. I allow those they are unobtrusive and clean, unlike the crap that are ads across the next.
    Ads wouldn't have to infect you if didn't use Adblock.

The day that removing ad blockers doesn't expose my computer to security threats, slow down my PC and open up irritating popup windows that blaze out sound or music, I'll remove them.

I've got no issue with supporting sites, but I'm not going to expose myself to security risks. That's just foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Sounds like it's personal to you. Do you run a website with ads?
    He's probably the one making them.

I'm seeing a lot of people in this thread who would surely download a car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of people in this thread who would surely download a car.
    I'd download a handbag too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Think about it, the website provides their service to you FOR FREE, but the catch is, well, ads. When you are blocking the ads you are stealing the money they are entitled to! AND THAT IS STEALING. It is wrong, do you wish to keep websites free? Turn off your adblock now, instantly, at this very moment.
    This is like the third time you've posted this topic. Do you get revenue from ads?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

That is a statement born of ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...The fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Adblockers are just removing tumors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This is like the third time you've posted this topic. Do you get revenue from ads?
    Nope, because we are using AdBlock.

But the OP keeps ignoring that several countries have laws against unsolicited advertising.

7+ Year Old Account
    How unfortunate. Sue me.

Blatant lie or ignorance?

Deleted
    I never click the ads, they take time to load through MY BANDWIDTH. Using MY DATA, they can go suck on it.