Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say sushi is gross but I'm definitely not a big fan of all the rice involved in each piece of sushi. I prefer, much more, sashimi. Now sashimi, that's fucking food for the gods. Rice gets in the way of the flavor/texture imo.

Feeling the urge for some Hamachi right now.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I wouldn't say sushi is gross but I'm definitely not a big fan of all the rice involved in each piece of sushi. I prefer, much more, sashimi. Now sashimi, that's fucking food for the gods. Rice gets in the way of the flavor/texture imo.

Feeling the urge for some Hamachi right now.
    Sashimi 10 / 10
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    You misspelled delicious.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made mistakes. First, I read the thread title. While that was sort of inevitable, I then clicked on the thread because I wanted to know what kind of thread this is. Is this a thread about the poor quality of most salmon? Is it about the japanese culture? Or just some guy, who has an opinion? My third mistake was to read the initial post. It made me shake my head twice, although this room is void of anyone, who could see this gesture of disbelief. My fifth mistake was, that I planned to respond to this thread and call it out for what it was: Poorly hidden clickbait. Only then I realized what my sixth and most fatal mistake was: I read who made this thread. Jayburner. King of bait. So many seconds were lost. I could have enlonged the life of my mouse by not using it to click on the thread. I could have gone easier on my neck, not making it do that grinding motion of shaking. I failed.

Brethren, let me make a seventh and final mistake and reply to this thread! Hear my words!

Don´t reply to Jayburner. His threads are designed to attract people by setting up an opinion in a way, that people with diffrent opinions get startled. No fruits are to be gathered from this tree. No grains are to be harvested from this field. Just leave.

OT: I like sushi. You do not like sushi. I do not like you. Thus, I like Sushi even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

The taste tends to be pretty subtle compared to many things. Dip it in some soy sauce and wasabi/horseradish paste, hopefully you have some with it. Kind of sounds like you're not gonna let yourself enjoy it right now though. Raw fish is really not strange or uncommon at all but I don't know how to convince someone that something that seems gross to them really isn't. If it's been sitting in room temperature for hours though you better leave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I made mistakes. First, I read the thread title. While that was sort of inevitable, I then clicked on the thread because I wanted to know what kind of thread this is. Is this a thread about the poor quality of most salmon? Is it about the japanese culture? Or just some guy, who has an opinion? My third mistake was to read the initial post. It made me shake my head twice, although this room is void of anyone, who could see this gesture of disbelief. My fifth mistake was, that I planned to respond to this thread and call it out for what it was: Poorly hidden clickbait. Only then I realized what my sixth and most fatal mistake was: I read who made this thread. Jayburner. King of bait. So many seconds were lost. I could have enlonged the life of my mouse by not using it to click on the thread. I could have gone easier on my neck, not making it do that grinding motion of shaking. I failed.

Brethren, let me make a seventh and final mistake and reply to this thread! Hear my words!

Don´t reply to Jayburner. His threads are designed to attract people by setting up an opinion in a way, that people with diffrent opinions get startled. No fruits are to be gathered from this tree. No grains are to be harvested from this field. Just leave.

OT: I like sushi. You do not like sushi. I do not like you. Thus, I like Sushi even more.
    that was pretty brutal but honest of you.

Deleted
    Gross? Nope its not gross its fucking awesome go to a real sushi restaurant no some cheap ass crap or a sushi buffe also helps its damn healthy as well. The tittle for this would have been better if it was "People who dont like sushi how gross is it for you"

Deleted
    Sushi and the whole assortment of similar vein foods that I don't know the names for off hand are on my list of things to try one day because you've always got to give it a go.

I do get stuck in the situation of not wanting to spend the money in case I don't like it, but more importantly, since I'm in the UK with no actual authentic styled restaurants in the city I live in, I feel like it's not worth it until I can get some from a place likely to be more resembling the actual way its supposed to be in terms of preparation, taste & quality.

Surstromming, now that's a fish based food I will never be trying.

Raw fish is 10/10 gross. My gf loves sushi so sometimes I'm forced to eat it, but even the stuff I had in Japan was hard to swallow. I'm open to eating all kinds of crazy exotic animals, provided they're cooked.

Sushi is an acquired taste. I like it very much now, although it will never be my favorite.
    If you think raw fish is disgusting, try tempura, which is basically deepfried meat from fish, chicken or shellfish usually.
    Rice itself tastes next to nothing, so dip the piece in soya sauce and add wasabi for a little heat.
    Mother pus bucket!

never had problems with sushi, even the natto one. just dont eat a sat out sushi, it might taste bad. not that I care when I eat. I like sushi, sashimi or whatever the japanese eat. And really if it was unhealthy they wouldn't be a country with so few fat people and long lives.

If your sushi has existed for more than 2 hours, you're doing it wrong.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

sushi has a huge variance it taste and quality depending where you get it and what the ingredients are. most people only really get salmon/tuna/shrimp/eel as options unless they are close to the coasts. those 4 are decent tasting so id go for those is your new. the more uncommon ones can taste very different and in rolls with sauces you are not likely to even taste the fish. Try simple salmon nigiri (slice of fish over small rice ball) with a little soy sauce. if you find that unpalatable you will probably find all other RAW sushi unpleasant. if you still want to try you can always go for cooked sushi or vegetarian options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    If your sushi has existed for more than 2 hours, you're doing it wrong.
    This. Fresh and prepared in front of you - that's how it should be done. I love it.

Millions of people eat sushi every day. There's nothing wrong with it and there's nothing in it that will make you sick (unless it's bad meat...same way you could eat any other "bad" meat). If you get sick/ throw up/ gag from eating good sushi, it's all in your head...you're working yourself up over it and causing your body to have a reaction, it's not the sushi doing that. It's a personal choice if you want to eat it or not. I find it delicious.

*shrugs*
    Most of the times when I've had it I enjoy sushi and sashimi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love sushi, but agreed, it really depends when you get it from. I've had some right off sushi before, which luckily didn't give me a digestive parasite, but yeah, always check the branding of those selling sushi.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I have a couple of things wrapped in cold rice and some sort of sauce on top it.. been sitting in front of me for 2 hours. I can't bring myself to eat it even though i'm starved.

Am I building up this whole raw meat thing in my head?
    Sushi doesn't have raw meat in it. That's sashimi.

Anyway...it's an acquired taste. I don't really like it myself either, but neither did anyone I know that likes it when they first tried it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only had sushi in fairly nice restaurants and it's been better than I thought before first trying it. But yeah I would for sure pass on it from a dive place, a cheap oriental buffet, or a late night food cart.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sushi is awesome, not as big of a fan on the pure raw fish (sashimi) like some of my friends are, but raw tuna isn't bad imo.