Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysar View Post
    Why exactly does Draught of Souls do more damage for warriors than paladins? Is it interacting with a specific talent they have or does it simply have a different base damage for them?

Also, was there ever an official hotfix notice regarding the DoS cooldown? I tested it on Star Augur last week and it was definitely 2 minutes then. I used a different trinket during our raid last night, but after raid in the order hall I noticed that the cooldown for DoS was 1 minute 20 seconds. Funnily enough, I only looked at it again last night because a buddy in a heroic pug /w me about this warrior in his group blowing up Tich with it.

Their Mastery, Avatar(20% damage for 20s on a 90s CD), Battle Cry (100% Crit for 5s, 50s CD baseline gets reduced with other talents) all modify the damage.

By the way, crystaline shockwave does around 2.8% of my overall damage in single target encounters. That's in addition to the strenght it gives!

I just got a titanforged yesterday. Goin to use as dps trinket with tank spec inb normal nighthold. For ret it is still BIS?

Deleted
    On the topic, i got the mythic version this week and it is indeed good. Especially if you hit multiple targets. But even in single target, its pretty decent and simmed above heroic Draught of souls for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    On the topic, i got the mythic version this week and it is indeed good. Especially if you hit multiple targets. But even in single target, its pretty decent and simmed above heroic Draught of souls for me.
    Guess I'll have to try it out some more I've been using it on AOE fights but switching to DOS on single target. I'm still not sure which I like more.

It counts as 2% of my dmg.......noly that.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    It counts as 2% of my dmg.......noly that.....
    In general or on a specific boss? For example, on Krosus, you're likely better off using something else because the spikes don't reach him half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Ok, i've got a parse from this week with both FCM855 and crystalline915 on heroic Krosus.

Brittle 4.23% 6.82m
    Crystalline Shockwave 3.17% 5.11m

But the skorpyd trinket is not meant to replace FCM. Either way, its pretty close to it in single target and far outdoes it on multiple targets (unless you are super lucky and get a high level FCM). This is without factoring in the strength.

So, it's definitly a great second trinket. I'm running it with CoF now.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-12 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's the damage of the procs. Consider the contribution of the Str from Skorpyron vs the crit on FCM and Skorpyron likely comes ahead.
    Yup, i think so. But again, it might be a different situation if you got a 900 FCM. What this also says is that FCM is pretty strong. Even an 855 can get close.
    But ofc, 900 FCM is for the blessed. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    In general or on a specific boss? For example, on Krosus, you're likely better off using something else because the spikes don't reach him half the time.
    In a boss, any boss.....goin to test more....

Deleted
    Heh I am wondering how good the trinket from Cathedral dungeon will be in 7.2 (Str and On use Haste on a 2m CD)
    Depending on how much haste you have it might be not to good since there a decent chance of hitting the haste cap during crusade which would make any haste it gives above that almost useless

I need a second/third etc opinion please:

My trinkets are:
    FCM - 880
    Entwined - 885
    Chains of the valorous - 890
    DoS - 895
    Crystalline - 885
    Convergence - 875

Currently using FCM and Chains.

What do you guys recommend I use, When I equip both FCM and Chains my stats are at:
    ~28.5% Crit
    ~28.5% Haste
    ~6% Versatility

Run all 15 sims?

Is the Chain a Vers one? If you have an 890 Chain with Vers it probably will be the best out of this lot. But the other one might even depend on the fight.
    I did run all Sims and FCM + Chains (Haste) came on top but I don't trust Sim that much, also for AoE fights maybe Skorpyron trinket might be better than FCM or the stat trinket, but I don't want to spend 3/4 of my time on Simulationcraft ffs.

fcm-chains // conv-chains // conv-crystal is the combos I'd use in your shoes swap around based on encounter mechanics (mostly thinking mythic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    I need a second/third etc opinion please:

My trinkets are:
    FCM - 880
    Entwined - 885
    Chains of the valorous - 890
    DoS - 895
    Crystalline - 885
    Convergence - 875

Currently using FCM and Chains.

What do you guys recommend I use, When I equip both FCM and Chains my stats are at:
    ~28.5% Crit
    ~28.5% Haste
    ~6% Versatility
    Draught + Crystalline for cleave, FCM + Draught for single-target imo.
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I don't know how you people get draught to sim better than anything (using latest nightly build). I have it at ilvl 900 and I'm unable to get it to sim above any combination of 870 FCM / COCS / odyn chains / convergence.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I second that opinion

Never DoS esp not for cleave....

Deleted
    So... i tested this and brittle does not proc from Draught hits. This means that using draught during wings actually devalues FCM. So, i'm not sure that combination is especially good. I'd pick one of them and go with crystalline or CoF in draughts case or some stat stick.
    Oh and as the above poster says, draught doesn't cleave. It's a pure ST trinket.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-14 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Never DoS esp not for cleave....
    Whoops. You are correct, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    So... i tested this and brittle does not proc from Draught hits. This means that using draught during wings actually devalues FCM. So, i'm not sure that combination is especially good. I'd pick one of them and go with crystalline or CoF in draughts case or some stat stick.
    Oh and as the above poster says, draught doesn't cleave. It's a pure ST trinket.
    Huh. Didn't know draught didn't work with brittle. And my mistake on the cleave as well.