Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Post Rank the Expansions

1. Mists of Pandaria - unique setting, a compelling plot that didn't revolve around saving the world and a focus on world building. Each zone was legitmately unique and memorable. I genuinely cared for the people of this new world who were caught in the middle of a grey-and-grey morality war between outside forces. The art style is fantastic, the quests are creative, and all around made for the best expansion I played. The music is the most memorable in the game.

2. Wrath - a cohesive world and a solid, epic storyline. General gameplay was fun, but not inventive like MoP. The music is the most memorable behind MoP.

3. Warlords of Draenor - as much hate as it gets, the expansion was overall more enjoyable than BC and and Cata. Polish is amazing and the cohesiveness of the main plot is astounding for an MMORPG. That said, only three zones - Frostfire Ridge, Shadowmoon Valley, and Spires of Arak - were memorable, with Gorgrond being a bland smattering of green and orange on bumpy land, Talador being a generic plain with large trees spread throughout, and Nagrand just being a plain. Tannan was the worst fore me, as the fel-green energy was indistinguishable from the already acrid-green skybox and dark green jungle. Unlike MoP, which took liberties with it's non-war focused quest designed (due to the fact that half of MoP was helping out Pandas with their everday problems as opposed to constantly saving the world from dragons), WoD's gameplay was most of the same "kill-orcs-to-win", and boring. Garrison was a great attempt at introducing a highly requested (player housing) feature, even if the long term execution was botched.

4. Cataclysm - more than anything, it was the old world changes that made this expansion for me, as it not only made the old world playable, but also effectively gave us 52 zones of new content to play through, even if the vast majority of it was bland and uninteresting. I will never forget the Dragonlance-esque plot in Azshara where I fought off a dragon invasion with Kaelecgos at level 20! (That was one of my first ever WoW experiences and was THE MOMENT that got me invested in WoW's lore and story).

5. Burning Crusade
    - I never played WoW when this expansion was active, and having played through Outland years after it's release, I find it heavily dated compared to later expansions, and generally uninteresting. So much so, that I've found the new starting zones to have more compelling content than the actual endgame of BC.

I have not played Legion yet, though given that theme is more of the same from Warlords, I'd imagine I'd place it around #3.

7+ Year Old Account
    im tired, about to go to bed, i will come back and edit later but for now my summarized version

1. wrath
    2. mop
    3.legion
    4/5. cata/BC= hard to decide
    6. draenor
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1. Wrath
    2. Mop/Legion
    3. Cata/BC
    4. Draenor

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Cataclysm 4.0
    2. Mists of Pandaria
    3. Legion
    4. Vanilla
    5. Wrath of the Lich King
    6. Burning Crusade
    7. The rest of Cataclysm
    8. Warlords of Draenor

1. Wrath
    2. Legion
    3. MoP
    4. Cata
    5. WoD

If I had been around for BC, it'd probably be ranked 2nd, or tied for it.

Alrighty:

The Burning Crusade: 6/10

Wrath Of The Lich King: 7.5/10

Cataclysm: 4/10

Mists Of Pandaria: 8.5/10

Warlords Of Draenor: 2.5/10

Legion: 9/10

10+ Year Old Account
    1. BC
    2. Wrath
    3. Cata pre nerf
    That's it, the rest is shit

As far as content goes. Wrath, MoP, and Legion have had the most content. I do still think Cata was worse than WoD unlike most. At least the raiding was good in WoD. Cata had fucking Dragon Soul.

BC and Vanilla were excluded since I didn't play then.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. The Burning Crusade
    2. Wrath of the Lich King
    3. Legion
    4. Cataclysm
    5. Mist of Pandaria
    6. Vanilla
    7. Warlords of Dreanor.

This is mostly based on how my leveling and raiding experience was and how much liked the story.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Wrath
    2. MoP
    3. BC
    4. WoD
    5. Cata

I'm going to leave Legion off the lost for now as we're only one major patch into the expansion. Judging by the experience so far, I'd probably put it either above or below MoP, but without knowing 7.2 or 7.3 yet, I didn't want to rank it. Nostalgia was probably playinng a part of my placement of BC, but since its my list, why not?

WOD and Legion are both shit tier savage burning garbage. Everything else, acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go purely based on which offered the most fun for me personally, without looking at them objectively. <<< Disclaimer.

The Burning Crusade: 9/10

Wrath Of The Lich King: 8/10

Cataclysm: 2/10

Mists Of Pandaria: 8/10

Warlords Of Draenor: 5.5/10

Legion: 7/10
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

7+ Year Old Account
    For me I'd have to say that wotlk/tbc more or less the same as the best expansions by far.

Then would have to be my tier 2 expansions which consist of MoP and Legion

Next 2.5 WoD...looking back it wasn't that bad, it was nice for how much time I had to invest into the game at the time

Last is definitely Cata, wish I could've liked it more, the old world changes were actually kind of cool in their own way...however I am very much in the belief that cata was the beginning of the end for "real WoW" and when many things began to change for the worst.
    This is where I think Legion makes such a great statement, they are definitely beginning to turn things around with this expansion and hoping they continue to improve in the future, from what they've learned in the past.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    1.Legion 9.5
    2.MoP 9
    3.Wrath 9
    4.Cata 8
    5.TBC 8
    6.WoD 7
    7.Vanilla 6.5

I should probably put Vanilla ahead of WoD, but i do think WoD is a better game than old vanilla. Vanilla was terrible when you set aside nostalgia.

- - - Updated - - -

I really dont see how you can put WoD ahead of Cata.

Well pretty easy something along the lines of wotlk>mop>tbc>>>cata>>>>>>legion&wod.

1. BC
    2. MoP
    3. Wrath
    4. Cata
    5. Legion
    6. WoD
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    1. MoP
    2. Legion
    3. WotLK
    4. WoD
    5. Cata
    6. TBC

Fight me nerds

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion > Wrath > BC > Vanilla

The rest is garbage and not worth mentioning.

Deleted
    TbC
    Legion
    Wotlk
    Cata
    WOD
    Pandaria

1) Legion
    2) Mists of Pandaria
    3) Wrath of the Lich King
    4) Cataclysm
    5) Warlords of Draenor