Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well you can do nothing
    if you are not pushing Early Cutting edge legs doesnot mater
    Other wise like me sit on the bench maybe doing myht very late boosted buy your guildies and wait the cursed expansion to end
    Pretty sure youre on the bench cause you are bad, not because you have the wrong legendaries. People need to stop blaming gear and look at their own performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Star Augur is the only boss where this is so literally the case, and you know it.
    No, not really. If you're raiding at a high level, then any boss that you haven't killed yet is a boss that 4% matters on. Yes it doesn't apply to the OP's situation, but for you to claim that 4% doesn't matter in video games where things have health bars and timers is just kind of silly.
    Last edited by xarxz; 2017-02-13 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeron View Post
    Can i ask someone what the BM shoulders actually achieve? other than 2 dire beast at the start?
    Once you've used both charges, they continue to recharge at the same rate. Over the course of the fight, it seems to be just one more dire beast cast at the start? I know I must be missing something.
    Well, since you have a chance to reset the CD, with only 1 charge you only reset whatever is left untill it's back up again. With 2 charges you get 1 full reset while the CD of the second charge is still recharging. So even if you have 1 second left untill it's back up and you get a reset proc, you get a full charge, instead of just 1 second.

To get back on topic, i'm in kind of the same position as OP. 4 legendaries, all crap... I'm not a hardcore raider, but in a 2-day guild that just started mythic. I can sort of feel that i'm holding the guild back, despite being top half of DPS on most fights, even top on my better fights. It's just that feeling of never reaching your full potential that's so annoying.
    I am preparing a character to reroll to while waiting for more information about what's coming in 7.2 (and/or hoping for a good legendary as #5). But if nothing changes, i will reroll if i get any decent legendaries on my alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Drop statistics based on? Some random guessing game? I guess you are not really playing the game, clear all raids on all difficulties every week and I can guarantee you you will see a legendary every 2-3 weeks like everyone who does it and thats 5h max of effort every week.
    You seem to be the one whos just guessing, or making stuff up. Where can i get my refund for for your moronic statement of a guaranteed legendary every 2-3 weeks and full raid clears at under 5 hours a week? First you don't even clear half the raids, especially not on all difficulties in that time, even just clearing all raids on e.g. Hc mode would take at least that long, not to mention mythic dungeons. Second at your proposed minimal effort everyone should by now be at at least 7 legendaries if started playing at roughly the release of the expac.
    Stop spouting unfunded shit just to try and make a point.
    Or you can look up drop statistics e.g. on the forums or even try to look at anecdotal evidence from other players and their alts. If you were to do so you should realise that effort put in for the first 2-3 legendaries is on average very low and with full raid clears and hundreds or even thousands of mythic dungeons (more like 50 hours a week) very few people are at 6 or more legendaries yet.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be painfull to hear:

Spam M+, like literally spam M+, get a group of people togetherand spam the shit out of those dungeons. My officer has done above 1200 M+ dungeons and the guys has 7 legendaries! That's a staggering amount, also his group friends have the same amount. So spamming M+ has positives sides. The negative side is that it is incredibly boring.

Thank god my first two legendaries were BiS for me.

I don't think it's ever worth to reroll just because of bad legendaries.

You set yourself behind so far with your new character that even if you get your BiS legendaries you most likely would have gained enough iLvL on your original character by spamming m+ to outweight the gain of the BiS legendaries. Plus by spamming M+ you could already have gotten your BiS legendaries on your original char and now are miles ahead than if you rerolled.

Also waiting for time gated stuff like Order Hall quests and Artifact Knowledge really sucks and will take weeks/months to catch up to your original character which most likely already has 54 traits.

On top of that you might set your guild behind by needing to attend raids with your new, weaker toon to get gear and thus also rolling on stuff others might still need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Drop statistics based on? Some random guessing game? I guess you are not really playing the game, clear all raids on all difficulties every week and I can guarantee you you will see a legendary every 2-3 weeks like everyone who does it and thats 5h max of effort every week.
    I'm gonna be nice and assume you're not including mythic raids in this, then you're looking at 3 wings of EN LFR, 2 wings of NH LFR, EN normal, EN HC, NH normal, NH HC in less than 5 hours. NH HC takes 2-3h with a competent group that doesn't wipe. Normal somewhat less. That'd leave 1h or less for 5 wings of LFR and normal EN and HC EN, or <5min per boss, including trash and running between bosses. You're imagining if you think that's done in 5 hours and 10 hours is a more realistic estimate, if not more.

- - - Updated - - -

In real life. 4% makes no difference at all.
    4% is a very significant difference. For me at the moment it would be ~30k dps. In real life it's also significant. Otherwise you can start paying 4% more in taxes, or raise the temperature in your house by 4%, or lower your test scores at uni with 4%. I guarantee you'll notice the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Star Augur is the only boss where this is so literally the case, and you know it.
    Didn't method have a sub 1% wipe on Gul'dan? I know for the vast majority of guilds out there 4% would certainly make a difference. It makes fights like Krosus a lot easier to do before the bridge runs out for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    I don't think it's ever worth to reroll just because of bad legendaries.

You set yourself behind so far with your new character that even if you get your BiS legendaries you most likely would have gained enough iLvL on your original character by spamming m+ to outweight the gain of the BiS legendaries. Plus by spamming M+ you could already have gotten your BiS legendaries on your original char and now are miles ahead than if you rerolled.

Also waiting for time gated stuff like Order Hall quests and Artifact Knowledge really sucks and will take weeks/months to catch up to your original character which most likely already has 54 traits.

On top of that you might set your guild behind by needing to attend raids with your new, weaker toon to get gear and thus also rolling on stuff others might still need.
    Bolded part is just not true. High ilvl gear is a dime a dozen, especially with m+ spam and guildruns in raids. Our tank rerolled for better legendaries and with m+ and HC NH we had him back at 890+ ilvl in just over a week. When already having 4 legendaries you're likely to not even see a legendary drop in a week of m+ famring and full raid clear. Much less the one you actually want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Pretty sure youre on the bench cause you are bad, not because you have the wrong legendaries. People need to stop blaming gear and look at their own performance.
    oh please give me a prove that i`m bad
    Before start spit BS around use your rusted brain my toon is 890 and my guild is on Krosus and believe me this dude needs sick dps i need to have atleast 600k minimum to not be carryed from my guild.I dint get on bench because my RL says but because i chose to be instead to wasting resourses of my guild to gear me up Over 900 to get this damage output

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    I'm gonna be nice and assume you're not including mythic raids in this, then you're looking at 3 wings of EN LFR, 2 wings of NH LFR, EN normal, EN HC, NH normal, NH HC in less than 5 hours. NH HC takes 2-3h with a competent group that doesn't wipe. Normal somewhat less. That'd leave 1h or less for 5 wings of LFR and normal EN and HC EN, or <5min per boss, including trash and running between bosses. You're imagining if you think that's done in 5 hours and 10 hours is a more realistic estimate, if not more.

- - - Updated - - -

4% is a very significant difference. For me at the moment it would be ~30k dps. In real life it's also significant. Otherwise you can start paying 4% more in taxes, or raise the temperature in your house by 4%, or lower your test scores at uni with 4%. I guarantee you'll notice the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't method have a sub 1% wipe on Gul'dan? I know for the vast majority of guilds out there 4% would certainly make a difference. It makes fights like Krosus a lot easier to do before the bridge runs out for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolded part is just not true. High ilvl gear is a dime a dozen, especially with m+ spam and guildruns in raids. Our tank rerolled for better legendaries and with m+ and HC NH we had him back at 890+ ilvl in just over a week. When already having 4 legendaries you're likely to not even see a legendary drop in a week of m+ famring and full raid clear. Much less the one you actually want.
    You and everyone else misunderstand my point. 4% is within the margin of our personal performance from raid to raid and boss to boss. If every single person in your raid was always (and I mean always) doing excactly the same dps, then a 4% increase would matter. But you don't, and that's the point.

Now, I know you won't agree with me, which if we are to be honest, is either based on your age or lack of experience and that's ok. But for now, I'll keep posting stuff like this just so in a few years, there is a 0.1% chance you will look back and realize you have evolved and gotten smarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and your example with Method simply proves my point. They managed to kill the boss afterwards, even though nobody got buffed in the meantime. Why did they kill the boss then? Because they didn't make the same mistakes the next time. Not because they got buffed.
    Last edited by Fiftyonred; 2017-02-13 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor thing, having to deal with owning just four legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Delete the character, roll a new hunter and hope for better drops this time around.
    This seems the best advice to put a solution to your grim, tragic situation.

Deleted
    You and everyone else misunderstand my point. 4% is within the margin of our personal performance from raid to raid and boss to boss. If every single person in your raid was always (and I mean always) doing excactly the same dps, then a 4% increase would matter. But you don't, and that's the point.

Now, I know you won't agree with me, which if we are to be honest, is either based on your age or lack of experience and that's ok. But for now, I'll keep posting stuff like this just so in a few years, there is a 0.1% chance you will look back and realize you have evolved and gotten smarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and your example with Method simply proves my point. They managed to kill the boss afterwards, even though nobody got buffed in the meantime. Why did they kill the boss then? Because they didn't make the same mistakes the next time. Not because they got buffed.
    You clearly aren't understanding. If method had a free 4% dps increase like the right legendary would give then they would've gotten a much earlier kill. Thereby needing less time and attempts, which is, especially to them, highly desirable. Just because the variance in my performance might be 10% or greater doesn't make a flat 4% increase meaningless. A 4% increase still matters because it allows everyone in the raid to make more mistakes and still beat the boss, which is ultimately the goal. Just because you can put in 30 extra tries doesn't mean you want to. For method by the way it could've meant the difference between a world first and a world third.

I also find it hilarious that you take this condescending tone of how "once you're older and wiser you'll see it my way". The reason everyone disagrees with you isn't that we're all a bunch of young whipersnappers who lack the necessary wisdom, it's that you're flat out wrong. While I realize this is an argumentum ad populum it still doesn't detract from the fact that you're wrong.

By the way, if you were right about 4% not mattering you wouldn't see companies sink millions of dollars into reducing the error margin on production by similar amounts.

I'm in a similar, perhaps worse, boat (with Prydaz, Sephuz, Helm, and Pants). MM isn't super dependent on legendaries like others have said, but yes, it does indeed suck to not have some of the things that make the spec more fun to play like the boots, belt, or gloves.

Hang in there til 7.2 and be sure to participate in the PTR if you can. I'm one of many who'll be looking very closely at any changes to the legendary system.

Quote Originally Posted by Phorx View Post
    I'm in a similar, perhaps worse, boat (with Prydaz, Sephuz, Helm, and Pants). MM isn't super dependent on legendaries like others have said, but yes, it does indeed suck to not have some of the things that make the spec more fun to play like the boots, belt, or gloves.

Hang in there til 7.2 and be sure to participate in the PTR if you can. I'm one of many who'll be looking very closely at any changes to the legendary system.
    I have the same except MM wrists instead of the helm. If I get helm for my 5th legendary i am going to flip shit. I just joined a mythic guild and am the 4th hunter and somehow...all of them...have the belt

I allready had a 100 hunter that is opposite faction and server that I got to 110 the other day. Up to 830 ILVL allready with 29 traits. Dont have much to do on my main so this guy will be not too far behind or caught up by the time the next raid comes around
    Last edited by Nubulous; 2017-02-14 at 02:07 AM.

7.2 blizzard is doing stuff to help with bad luck on legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlights View Post
    7.2 blizzard is doing stuff to help with bad luck on legendaries.
    Unless it's literally a way to target the legendary you want, it won't be good enough.

I suspect they referred to the crafted legendaries when they said that they would help bad luck in 7.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeron View Post
    Can i ask someone what the BM shoulders actually achieve? other than 2 dire beast at the start?
    Once you've used both charges, they continue to recharge at the same rate. Over the course of the fight, it seems to be just one more dire beast cast at the start? I know I must be missing something.
    Are you a Blizzard class developer? I suspect they are actually like this.

I finally got mine yesterday...

Have not had a dps legendary for my BM hunter... just the survival ones. Finally got the legendary belt off of killing Withered J'im yesterday. I'm thrilled, but I was almost ready to take a break from Wow because of it. It is very hard to compete when it seems like 90% of people have one and you don't. I am re-energized that I can compete now. I have not seen any drop for anybody in Nighthold normal or heroic and I pug a lot.

Got BM wrists tonight. In total now have MM and BM wrists, sephuz, pyrdaz and healing pants...i hate this system i really do. All 3 other hunters in my raid group have the belt....rip

Quote Originally Posted by Bezerrin View Post
    So, I am one of the unluckys. I have not gotten any BiS legendary, so I am playing Beastmaster. I dont know if I keep trying to get the MM boots, or if I try to get the BM legends next. As I can see, MM is a little better overall. I'm a softcore raider. What you guys think about that?

Ps: 1º thread here =)
    Ps2: Sorry about bad english.
    Rerolling or simply quit till next expnations is would be the best idea.
    Unless you're only focusing on the easiest parts of the game, good legendaries are mandatory and if you don't have them yet, the game is not for you.

Deleted
    Maybe with last changes it's just about being patient. Got my sixth and my seventh legendary in just a week. Now that the drop rate is the same for the third legendary than it is for let's say the nineth, people should keep pushing for the bis ones with the security that they will be looted in the next days / weeks.