Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    They are not criminals. Illegal entry into the US is a misdemeanor, not a criminal offence.
    Noun: misdemeanor; plural noun: misdemeanors; noun: misdemeanor; plural noun: misdemeanors
    a minor wrongdoing.
    "the player can expect a lengthy suspension for his latest misdemeanor"
    synonyms: wrongdoing, evil deed, crime.

Syn·o·nym
    ˈsinəˌnim/Submit
    noun
    a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.
    Being here illegally, is just that. il-legal. IE, Crime.

I don't want you back on my side if you can't comprehend that.
    Last edited by Violent; 2017-02-13 at 03:58 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Become a citizen or get out.
    So abandon your family for ten years while you leave the country to qualify? For some reason, people don't want to do that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Just because they live in a 3rd world country does not give them the right to break the law. We must remember illegal immigrants are criminals. There is no way around that. By virtue of that many are more likely than not breaking more than one law. Or at the very least causing others to break laws. We have these laws in place for a reason.
    Illegal immigrants are criminals because the laws are laws until we decide they are not. It was against the law, DOMA, to recognize the marriage of two people of the same sex and we found a way around that, did we not? It was the right, moral, and humane thing to allow people to decide whom they should marry or not. It was also against the law for women to vote, wasn't it? It was also against the law for black people to vote, wasn't it? You're right, just because they're from a shitty country it doesn't give them any right to break any "law" and we can be selfish and tell them to go fuck themselves and completely ignore everything I previously said about their living conditions, or we could not be selfish assholes and try to find a way to make them pay for being here illegally while allowing them to stay and contribute to our society even more thereby improving our culture, economy, and integrity as humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So abandon your family for ten years while you leave the country to qualify? For some reason, people don't want to do that.
    Then they get off their lazy asses and become a citizen.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Well, Pupu set the debate with Rome, so we'll use Rome... We may occupy a given Country, but we don't "Take over", as in Dominate and replace their culture with our own.
    You have done exactly that throughout your history. Maybe you should look at maps of Mexico before and after the various wars with the US. Or maybe the war goals of the War of 1812.

Not, "just the same". France BTW, is a very poor example. France and England fought like cats & dogs for hundreds of years. Not to mention, any country that you want to say did that too, ONLY followed us. And I never said we didn't have any aid.
    What does England have to do with the French revolution against the French Monarchy. You clearly have no sense of history. The US isn't even CLOSE to the first successful revolution in history.

No, you say that now. And I assume you mean, now. and to that I say, well nooo shit.. My point was, at our BIRTH, and even for a long while after, America WAS that special snowflake. And I was never debating the volume of effort any one country or "group" has put into the world stage. Only that America CHANGED said stage, drastically, and forever after.
    The US was a very tiny blip on the radar of the world stage up until the first World War.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Then they get off their lazy asses and become a citizen.
    Which again, requires them to leave the country for ten years before they can even apply.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    And jesus wept.
    I'm sure he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    They are not criminals. Illegal entry into the US is a misdemeanor, not a criminal offence.
    In the legal sense they are criminals as the breaking of a countries immigration law does have punishment associated to it leading to the term criminal. Some are even habitual criminals of the same immigration laws multiple times. Misdemeanor or felony mean little when it comes to being a criminal. Now, it should only be applied to those convicted of a crime to which we know if you are in the U.S. Illegally, they you are guilty of a said crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Then I would suggest you apply for a visa during your wait. You would not have to leave and could still make legal change. There are legal paths here that do not require you to break a countries laws nor abandon your family.

One of the requirements to become a legal U.S. citizen is to have a legal, permanent residence in the U.S.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-02-13 at 04:18 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If ICE is already knocking on this woman's door I'm guessing there is more going on than her just being a 'hard working single mother'.

I'm guessing identity theft investigation or drawing welfare under multiple names from mutiple counties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything has to do with ethics. Ethics are the way we live our lives, the way we justify our decisions.

If you don't obtain enough power that doesn't mean the cause was wrong.

Ethics are relevant, especially in hindsight.

It's not ideal no, but we should pursue ideals not give up on them. We should push to make people more accountable.

Throughout history power has become more and more divided, i hope that it continues this way so no small group of people has power over others.
    Well I dissagree, if you do not force the actor to change; your resistance was pointless.
    X will carry out Y, benefit from this and ignore the protest. And hindsight? The victors write history.
    Lets just say Ottoman-Turkey kills a million armenians and grabs a sizable pice of their land.
    Now you can feel whatever you like about that, but if xyz is powerless to force a negative reaction to this; it would have been the right course of action for Turkey.

A multipolar world, is alot more volatile than a unipolar/ bipolar power system.
    The more divisive the more wars you get.
    In short; Because actors in such a multipolar system are less safe. Minor disputes; easier to settle with war. They build up forces to gain safety; unable to reach that.
    They form lose alliances; a minor incident can then result in disaster-> see ww1.

And it is not the case as you say that power is more divided. Power has become more and more unified; from ww2 we had a bipolar system. And since the colapse of the soviet union, a unipolar one.
    -> see pax americana

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    If ICE is already knocking on this woman's door I'm guessing there is more going on than her just being a 'hard working single mother'.

I'm guessing identity theft investigation or drawing welfare under multiple names from mutiple counties.
    You are correct. She had a criminal back ground years before and somehow escaped deportation then. Now it has caught up with her. I'll have to look it up to see what it was. I can't remember now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I swear to god.
    I thought you were an athiest?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I'm not denying that. However it doesn't mean we should lose our humanity.
    We'll send them to Canada then. Does that work for you? You guys can have all the humanity you want.,
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/11/politi...ear/index.html

I really am not pleased about spreading fear. People are keeping their kids home from school and are worried about opening their doors!
    Well geeze, if you, who doesn't live in the US, is against spreading fear, we should just ignore any laws pertaining to citizenship. Good point!

I have another news story for you. Meth dealer is worried because selling meth is illegal. Guess we should just repeal that one too, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Misdreavus View Post
    Illegal immigrants are criminals because the laws are laws until we decide they are not. It was against the law, DOMA, to recognize the marriage of two people of the same sex and we found a way around that, did we not? It was the right, moral, and humane thing to allow people to decide whom they should marry or not. It was also against the law for women to vote, wasn't it? It was also against the law for black people to vote, wasn't it? You're right, just because they're from a shitty country it doesn't give them any right to break any "law" and we can be selfish and tell them to go fuck themselves and completely ignore everything I previously said about their living conditions, or we could not be selfish assholes and try to find a way to make them pay for being here illegally while allowing them to stay and contribute to our society even more thereby improving our culture, economy, and integrity as humans.
    Seems legit...
    Let's just change the laws so criminals are not criminals anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post

I found it.

Garcia de Rayos came illegally to the United States from Guanajuato, Mexico, in the mid-1990s. She was convicted in March 2009 of criminal impersonation for having a fake Social Security number, a sixth-degree felony.

Yes, and if you saw a crying jesus (the nicest man in christian theology) would you not do something to alleviate his pain?
    In this case, it would be tears of joy and thats more than fine for him to continue. Even heaven has rules/laws for entrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and if you saw a crying jesus (the nicest man in christian theology) would you not do something to alleviate his pain?
    Probably not. They'd see him as an rich-hating commie who attacks hard-working business men who deserves everything he gets.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/11/politi...ear/index.html

I really am not pleased about spreading fear. People are keeping their kids home from school and are worried about opening their doors!
    Criminals should fear the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to work, fine, but if they don't pay taxes, then we should send the IRS after them.

Nah. It would be tears of disappointment that he wasted his life trying to teach compassion to humanity and died for no reason.

SNIP....
    I'm not getting side tracked off on that one but I'm not of the belief we can claim to know what he would do in this case.
    But we do know, Lets drown the entire world of sinners and just start over with just a select few is a hand that has been dealt before and there is punishment for doing wrong and choosing the wrong path.

Illegal immigrants are in the wrong. They are criminals and should be punished accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    It is a crime in most countries to reside in the country without the proper permits. Has nothing to do with racism. You either get the proper permits or you get the fuck out.
    no, it is not a crime morally to exist as a human being, despite what the ruling classes have to say about the made up lines they have drawn on the ground

oh you mean it is a crime legally? well so is driving over the speed limit and yet most of us do that every single day
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2017-02-13 at 04:53 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams