Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    I didn't say it was the correct method, simply explaining in method used by it.

The bigger concern is the score difference for me though, why does Tom's Hardware have 2000 more points per CPU than in the FutureMark DB?
    Some BIOS setting for higher clocks? etc. etc.
    Probably just system differences or whatever? I have no idea. Kind of why looking at those databases is pointless since it misses quite a decent amount of information, whether it's software or hardware.

I'd ignore any and all benchmarks for now and wait for some proper real world application benchmarks... synthetic benches don't mean a thing and most of the sites are probably only doing it to get clicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    I'd ignore any and all benchmarks for now and wait for some proper real world application benchmarks... synthetic benches don't mean a thing and most of the sites are probably only doing it to get clicks.
    I agree, wait for some real benchmarks. I'm so overloaded with RyZen rumors that I'm sick of it. Just release the stupid thing already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it won't end up being a dud.

Back in the days FX also rocked various benchmarks and look what happened.

10+ Year Old Account

Just 2 more weeks guys, then we'll know all we need to know about it =)

what does SR3+ mean ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    what does SR3+ mean ?
    Probably higher variable TDP due to XFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'm intrigued by it as I was already looking at 8-core HT processors for my next upgrade as this 4670K is starting to be the limiting factor in newer games. The only thing I'm being let down by is the lack of 8-DIMM slots as I wanted to setup a fairly large (i.e. 100GB+) RAMdisk, but that's only a minor issue. Right now, I'm in need of replacing at least my board as I think the drive controller has been on the verge of failing for a while but I'd rather do a full replace of the RAM, CPU and board in one go.

Being able to get 64GB RAM, an 8C/16T and a decent board for the price of some of Intel' 8C/16T CPU's is very attractive.
    Really? What games can that not handle?

yeah BF1 can even have a lower clocked 8c/16t beat an OCed 6700K, it loves those cores

I think its the most dratic example though, in 99% of games that arent BF1, an i5 should do decent

That is why AMD chose BF1 as their game test obviously, it loves cores. Until we see actual game benchmarks my intuition is leaning towards high clocked i5's and i7's being the superior choice still.

BF1. It's running flat out while my 1070 is only sitting at 50-60% utilization.
    Oh, so one game, not several games. You said games, which is plural, so was expecting to see a list or something. As for that one game though, not sure why you are having issues with your CPU seeing as an i3 easily gets over 60 FPS at 1080p though:
    http://www.techspot.com/review/1267-...rks/page4.html
    http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-benc...5-i7-fx/page-2

I don't think it would be worthwhile to upgrade for one game, that actually does still run good on even an i3. Maybe you are running it DX12 mode? If there were several games that could not even get 60 FPS at 1080p on an i5, I could see wanting to upgrade from what you have, which is almost the exact same thing I have.

Well, looking at all the prelaunch hype and "leaked" info, I'm really excited for AMD and their new processors as of right now. I still see absolutely no reason to upgrade from an I5 6600k-7600k or anything I7 above 2600k with mild overclocks.

But if you're sporting anything AMD in your rig, I would highly recommend Ryzen.

I decided not to wait I pulled the trigger on an i5 before 2016 ran out of sand in the hour glass.

Some more reputable benchmarks popping up...

mind = blown

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/6-c...-i5-7600k.html

Ummm thats a 12 thread CPU vs a 4 core, of course multithreaded workloads it will stomp it. If you read closer the single thread performance is still quite a bit higher on 7600k.

That is the CPU i am looking at personally, but you need to keep perspective when looking at these leaks lol. Most games i5's and i7's will still be superior because of higher max overclocks, but the awesome thing with zen is you get extra cores for the future in case games start making more use of them.

I really hope microcenter does the combo deals on zen, 1600x and a motherboard for ~300 bucks lol.

Hi...i think AMD has always the processor that is cheap and gets the job done if you're on a tight budget. I think Zen will up that to continue the trend of a decent performing, cheap CPU, but I don't think they're going to aim for the price/performance of Intel.

I'm interested to see what AMD will bring. I've only ever used intel because for the price range whenever I've built a system they've always been objectively better. I hope for the sake of competition they're good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Got a 7700k at launch, so I won't be changing anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

BF1. It's running flat out while my 1070 is only sitting at 50-60% utilization.
    BF1 and the latest iteration of Frostbite is pretty well known at this point for favouring hyperthreading/extra cores and hammering slightly old CPUs.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

We pretty much know what zen is by now, the only questions are how high they overclock and how hot they get. They seem to be fairly close to intels latest in IPC, maybe 5-10% slower and you get a ton more cores for a cheaper price.

Pretty awesome if you ask me, and i am even considering going back to AMD from my 2500k setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ummm thats a 12 thread CPU vs a 4 core, of course multithreaded workloads it will stomp it. If you read closer the single thread performance is still quite a bit higher on 7600k.

That is the CPU i am looking at personally, but you need to keep perspective when looking at these leaks lol. Most games i5's and i7's will still be superior because of higher max overclocks, but the awesome thing with zen is you get extra cores for the future in case games start making more use of them.

I really hope microcenter does the combo deals on zen, 1600x and a motherboard for ~300 bucks lol.
    Well yea, the point is though AMD generally roll in at cheaper prices making that performance amazing for budget gamers.

Oh for sure, if these leaks are correct you would have to be nuts to pick a 7600k over a 1600x at the 220 dollar price point.