Updated PTR Patch Notes
    https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/205...otes-1-31-2017
    tl;dr some sets got dmg buffs

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The following class sets received changes:
    Crusader
    Roland's Legacy

(4) Set Bonus
    - Damage bonus has been increased to 2500% (from 1250%) damage bonus on Sweep Attack and Shield Bash
    Monk
    Inna's Favor

(6) Set Bonus
    - Damage bonus for each Mystic Ally has been increased to 125% (from 100%)
    Witch Doctor
    Zunimassa’s Haunt

(6) Set Bonus
    - Damage bonus has been increased to 2500% (from 1500%) when enemies are hit by your mana spenders for 8 seconds
    Wizard
    Delsere’s Magnum Opus

(2) Set Bonus
    - Cooldown of Slow Time is reduced by 3 seconds (from 2) when casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Explosive Blast, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade and Wave of Force
    (4) Set Bonus
    - Damage reduction increased to 60% (from 50%)
    (6) Set Bonus
    - Enemies take 3500% increased damage (from 2500%) while inside Slow Time
    The slow and damage bonuses persist on enemies for 5 seconds after they exit Slow Time
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-08 at 07:56 AM. Reason: formatted quote

Adding two notes left out in the post above.
    Barbarian
    - Seismic Slam
    The Rumble rune will now consume all remaining fury to increase the rune’s damage over time component by 15% weapon damage per point of fury spent

Demon Hunter
    - Holy Point Shot
    Impale throws two additional knives
    Note: Each enemy can only be hit once per skill use
    Maybe Impale will be finally used in the Shadow set build; SS change makes it an option for LeapQuake/SS with a mechanic similar to Boulder.

Another read:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/2054...ing-07-02-2017

TL;DR: "we're fine with rift fishing because in reality there's nothing much left to do"
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's also this line
    Some existing class-specific Legendary items have been updated to include a unique Legendary power
    so probably we'll see more updated items in upcomings builds (besides Holy Point Shot).

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    There's also this line

so probably we'll see more updated items in upcomings builds (besides Holy Point Shot).
    Well, that's a standard line but yes, i expect more stuff out of that. HPS change may make Impale return plus making runes other than the "bouncy" one viable. It all depends on the synergy with Karlei dagger. Anyway, Shadow set needs a baseline dmg reduction of 60% since we're not melees and other sets are all set at that percentage (shadow power provides only 35%).

EDIT: using this will just make you choose between FoK and Impale, because Dawn in cube is mandatory. Anyway doing some random setups i can attain around 91% dmg reduction without many issues, but it all depends on how much uptime i can get on Aquila.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-08 at 08:35 AM.

The power creep and set rotation continues ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    The power creep and set rotation continues ffs
    Tbh, i think the game is mostly enjoyable without pushing and actually caring about builds. Aim for a set/build you want to pursue and then follow it until you find yourself either locked and so on.

I don't see much how powercreep is unavoidable in a game like this. You play to get more and morestring with your character. Power creep is exactly the reason why you play games like D3.

Then if you want to discuss how creep is managed, then yeah there are a lot of flaws. But instead of just following blindly the "2.5 BEST BUILD" or "META" just play the game on your own - it makes a lot of difference imho. Then if someone is only interested in Ladders and #1 spot, well in every single game there the best way to obtain that.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    does PoE regularly introduce new classes, new spells, or something "more" than what D3 is doing? I know Marvel Heroes regularly comes out with new characters, but I understand that game has it's own problems, one of which might actually be that the devs like shaking things up a little too much....
    Yes, they introduce often new skills. They also released three subclasses for every previous class ingame. It was awhile ago (ascendancy patch) but they keep tweaking them. Fo every new league they add new uniques, rebalance skills, adding new skills and some different mechanics (like prophecies, breaches, essences) that very often are added to the core game after league ends. Ofc not everyone will like PoE and the game have some flaws (for example life builds vs ES builds) but devs are putting effort to make this game fresh and alive. And soon they will announce some details about 2,6 patch and 3.0 expansion.

I dont see this in D3 and I dont like Grifts anymore so without changing endgame concept (and thats not possible at this point) the game is dead for me.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2017-02-10 at 03:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As we mentioned previously, getting your feedback on Primal Ancients has been super helpful. We’ve heard some really good points, and along with this, we’ll be making some changes to how these items work in an upcoming PTR patch.

Rather than increase the power they give you beyond Ancient items, Primal Ancients will now instead roll perfect Ancient-level stats tailored to the character class you’re playing when the item first drops. Rerolling any of these at the Mystic will also yield only perfect rolls.

Along with this, these items will be even more rare than they currently are, and will only begin dropping after a character on your account has completed Greater Rift 70 solo (with separate unlocks for Hardcore and normal characters).

Finally, we hear you on wanting Ancient and Primal Ancient items to salvage into something more valuable. With the upcoming PTR patch, Ancient items will salvage into 3 Forgotten Souls, and Primal Ancients will salvage into 15 Forgotten Souls (yay reforging \o/).

We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback once you’ve had a chance to test these changes. Thanks again, and happy hunting.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/t...ge=20#post-381

GR70 is a nice point, not that hard to obtain too. Must know if it's going to be retroactive or not (since i've done it with multiple characters already).

It's not a really insipiring or einnovative change, but it's a solid choice that gives players a "carrot on a stick" without impacting a lot on power creep (actually, next to no impact).

Now, they have to add more specials/legendaries, give "manald heal treatment" to all proc-based legendaries, and find a way to make LoN the true endgame set given the effort required to gear for it.

I like this change. Means that you can play and actually achieve a perfect character. Doesn't add that much power creep and it makes Primal Ancient accessories pretty good.

This is pretty huge for thorns builds since it'd actually mean I don't have to waste 15 rerolls just to get something that isn't the weapon damage stat. Unless you can just reroll into 2 other max weapon damage stats ofcourse.

I kinda like the changes, even if you don't get a primal you won't feel like you're too far behind or feel like you have to get a primal weapon for the season. Talking about seasons, do they mean GR 70 on seasonal? Or just GR 70 in general, like you just had to do the campaign once on your account to unlock adventure mode. Either way, it shouldn't be too bad. They haven't changed the GR 70 requirement for the season journey even after massively power creeping certain sets, so most people should be able to do it fairly easily.

Okay, to clarify on why I only "kinda" like the changes. It still won't roll all BiS stats (which I don't think they should/can), meaning that unless you rolled identical stats on the Ancient/Primal (heck even Legendary depending on the slot), there's a very significant chance that the Primal is gonna be worse than your Ancient, since Ancients are, after all, 10x more common. Meaning that a lot of Primals are just reforge material, though thankfully they'll give way more mats.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2017-02-14 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    It's good to see they listen to the community. I think someone in this thread posted exactly the same idea.

I also agree they should keep adding skill bonuses on items. AND new skills, IMO. A new skill for each class every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    It's good to see they listen to the community. I think someone in this thread posted exactly the same idea.

I also agree they should keep adding skill bonuses on items. AND new skills, IMO. A new skill for each class every now and then.
    New skills are a no-no until there's a set plus legendaries to support them. And currently we don't have enough of them for the already present skills in many cases (DH traps for example).

That's why LoN may be the right answer is they implement some sort of buff with Primals - being it all about Ancients, we will have multiple skill combo that may prove viable (though nothing in the world will change the fact that there will always be a #1 spec).

7+ Year Old Account
    There should be some new legendary powers in upcoming builds (besides Holy Point Shot).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    New skills are a no-no until there's a set plus legendaries to support them.
    Of course. That's why I said that I agree with you on this.

Of course. That's why I said that I agree with you on this.
    given how now power creep looks to have reached some sort of plateau with new Primals, i think it's really time to add lots of new items and possibly a set for each class that focuses on skills currently ignored.

Also, there needs to be some tuning around some skills like Gars and Firebats for WD being way too powerful for multiple builds (especially gargs that have at least 3 mirror copy playstyles) and Archon for Wizard (which should be Vyr's territory and instead is the strongest choice for any Wizard build).

Patch 2.6
    Heirloom primal ancient legendary

Patch 2.7
    Rare heirloom primal ancient legendary

Patch 2.8
    Ultra rare heirloom primal ancient legendary

Patch 2.9
    Forgotten ultra rare heirloom primal ancient legendary

Patch 3.0
    Forgotten PvP

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd guess 2.6 will be Challenge Rifts, 2.7 probably along with Necro.

BTW Solo GRs across the seasons

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...dder_overview/

10+ Year Old Account
    I FUCKING CALLED IT.

Scroll back, to when Primals were first announced, I FUCKING CALLED IT! I totally said they should make Primals just roll perfect stats instead.

I am a shiny golden god.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Okay, just had a slightly crazy idea.

How about instead of Primal Ancients, call them "Perfect Ancients" and instead of having a higher stat range, they ALWAYS roll with the maximum potential stat

So say a normal Ancient can roll with 800-1000 Primary stat, then 5-10% crit chance and 40-50% crit damage.

A Perfect Ancient will ALWAYS roll with 1000 Primary, 10% Crit and 50% Crit dam.

Basically, it's an RNG way... to remove RNG! As it removes the chance of you FINALLY getting the item you want, but having it roll with terrible stats.

This would carry across to reforging as well. The stat ranges on the item would ONLY be perfect, so reforging would literally just be picking the stat you want, the value would always be 100%.

There's the proof
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-02-14 at 02:04 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    New skills are a no-no until there's a set plus legendaries to support them. And currently we don't have enough of them for the already present skills in many cases (DH traps for example).

That's why LoN may be the right answer is they implement some sort of buff with Primals - being it all about Ancients, we will have multiple skill combo that may prove viable (though nothing in the world will change the fact that there will always be a #1 spec).
    I actually think some new skills could be viable if they are like Magic Weapon, Marked, Vault, ect - Utility skills. But then again, very few sets have "free" slots where you can trade out skill slots. So, not so much no new skills until new set is released, but no new skills until a new ability slot is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.