Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Here's the problem with that:

In any guild, WF or otherwise, there's always gonna be that one asshole Jimmy. Jimmy's a real tryhard piece of shit with no life and nothing better to do than complete 1,000 MoS runs in a 2 week period of time. He's not the best raider, but he is one of the most dedicated. Even though everybody else previously "agreed" to be reasonable, now you have Jimmy the fucking asshole who's effectively doing 10% more DPS than everybody who abided the rule. Is it really fair that the no life asshat gets rewarded for doing exactly what they agreed they wouldn't do? How do you handle the fact that, as a raider, now you have a mouthbreathing dingleberry who will destroy you on the DPS meters not because he's a better player, but because he has more time to poopsock? This is the cognitive dissonance that raiders have to deal with. While it's perfectly reasonable to think that players can govern their playstyle, if Blizzard doesn't put in place checks and balances people are always going to do whatever it takes to to one-up one another. And if that means doing an absolutely insane amount of grinding just to "stay relevant," you better fucking believe they're going to do it.
    You're now a copy pasta in Twitch chat. Congrats sir, You win the memernet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Reading about something on a forum is participating in it.
    Tell that to all the e-politicians LUL
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

3 top guilds have called it quits within the last day. Good job Blizz. Maybe there will be 4 competitive guilds left by the time 8.0 drops

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    (someone from?) For Scratch did posted their Mythic Gul'dan Video.

Either way, Real asshole move.
    "Actually it's about ethics in video game world first races.."
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-02-14 at 03:47 PM.

*chappelle voice* you should ban them with your army. OH WAIT YOU DONT HAVE AN ARMY.

but in all seriousness what can be done to them? for that matter anyone else who dosent adhere to these loosely associated "rules"? Not getting coverage on these threads is definitely not gonna happen and wowprogress will still show their rank so they just get a frowny face next to their name when they are talked about and thats pretty much it lol. Shit I wanna see this video. Id be pretty stoked if the wf guild released it as soon as they killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    *chappelle voice* you should ban them with your army. OH WAIT YOU DONT HAVE AN ARMY.

but in all seriousness what can be done to them? for that matter anyone else who dosent adhere to these loosely associated "rules"? Not getting coverage on these threads is definitely not gonna happen and wowprogress will still show their rank so they just get a frowny face next to their name when they are talked about and thats pretty much it lol. Shit I wanna see this video. Id be pretty stoked if the wf guild released it as soon as they killed it.
    Please can we cut the crap about this made up rule NO ONE FOLLOWS but forum posters.

Deleted

This legit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post

This legit?
    Nah mate I've asked a guy who knows a guy and he says it's a photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by teezep View Post
    Nah mate I've asked a guy who knows a guy and he says it's a photoshop.
    Man, 3D photoshops sure are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    Man, 3D photoshops sure are nice.
    photochop after effects boss right there.
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.

Exorsus posting world 3rd I believe it was Imperitor or Blackhand before the world first guild was no different.... Or maybe i'm getting exorsus confused with that Chinese guild either way not the first time that this has happened.

If anything this 5 kill rule is kinda dumb if your taking another 2 weeks to kill it and acting like your really in the world first race thats kinda cute... Set a date like you have 10 days after kill and then we drop the video.... not we have to wait for 5 guilds that have now gone to casual schedules because the real world first guilds have all quit to kill it.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-02-14 at 05:38 PM.

It's hilarious when people who have no stake in the world first race are the ones who get the most tilted about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It's hilarious when people who have no stake in the world first race are the ones who get the most tilted about it.
    The best part was in the thread where the video is posted. Someone asked a mod to delete the thread.

Some people just are too caught up in the lives of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    3 top guilds have called it quits within the last day. Good job Blizz. Maybe there will be 4 competitive guilds left by the time 8.0 drops"
    What guilds have called it quits?

My take on releasing videos is that it isn't so much about honoring the 'rights' of the first guild to beat the boss so much as a courtesy for guilds still progressing on that boss. A huge reason people dedicate so much effort to high level raiding is to experience progression where you are not privy to strategies other people have developed. By releasing a video too early, what you are really doing is hampering the progression experience for potentially hundreds of raider, because it's much harder to justify spending time developing your own strat when you know another guild's already works. It effectively removes one of the most challenging and fun aspects of cutting edge progression. That's why releasing videos early is a very lame thing to do. That said, I guess it's been a while since the first kill in this specific case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    What guilds have called it quits?
    From Scratch, Midwinter and SNF so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    It's possible I'm getting them mixed up, but isn't SNF the guys who bought a carry to imperator Margok?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's possible I'm getting them mixed up, but isn't SNF the guys who bought a carry to imperator Margok?
    Im pretty sure it was a Chinese or EU guild

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Im pretty sure it was a Chinese or EU guild
    No, it was some latin-american guild, so on the US servers. They went under the name "KLG".

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    Exorsus posting world 3rd I believe it was Imperitor or Blackhand before the world first guild was no different.... Or maybe i'm getting exorsus confused with that Chinese guild either way not the first time that this has happened.

If anything this 5 kill rule is kinda dumb if your taking another 2 weeks to kill it and acting like your really in the world first race thats kinda cute... Set a date like you have 10 days after kill and then we drop the video.... not we have to wait for 5 guilds that have now gone to casual schedules because the real world first guilds have all quit to kill it.
    Wasnt it the asian guild that used the BrM to stop his smashes that released the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    only half truth to the Midwinter/SNF though.

Midwinter and SNF are Merging all the players who still want to Nolife and Push 30+ hour weeks into one guild and Forming Reflex... While getting rid of anyone who can't put in the hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    only half truth to the Midwinter/SNF though.

Midwinter and SNF are Merging all the players who still want to Nolife and Push 30+ hour weeks into one guild and Forming Reflex... While getting rid of anyone who can't put in the hours.
    30 hours per week are a nolife now? Back in TBC, five 5 hour raids a week was the norm