Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Like modern day times. Wolf of Wall Street springs to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    imagine if that film was made in a time when it was okay to exploit small people for entertainment...
    No small people were exploited. They weren't real, they weren't even very well drawn.

Yeah walt disney created dwarfism. Before that there were no small people.

Seriously though, do you think you can make a joke that doesn't insult other people? Or would that require a level of creativity you're not capable of?
    Why are we conflating a mythical race of dwarfs with real life dwarfism? They are different beings. One being made up.

Even if we were to grant you they are the same, why are you so opposed to representing dwarfs in film? Isn't it a big deal in the SJW/intersectional feminist circles to promote diversity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    imagine if that film was made in a time when it was okay to exploit small people for entertainment...
    Man, you must hate The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    ... or wow..

I mean, goblins and gnomes are used as jokes all the time.

No shit. He's been making anti-semitic, racist, downright sexist "jokes" for years now. This is probably no skin off his nose, he'll keep raking in the big dough whilst posting videos bitching about "having so much to do"...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No wonder they rejected my idea for the film Snow White Supremacist and the Seven Untermensch.
    Another classic. Mmo's champs funniest poster ladies and gents.

I hope to see the end of peedepie. Don't understand his appeal and that delete his own channel stunt was annoying. Got my hopes up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No shit. He's been making anti-semitic, racist, downright sexist "jokes" for years now. This is probably no skin off his nose, he'll keep raking in the big dough whilst posting videos bitching about "having so much to do"...
    I'd never even heard of him until the story was on Radio 1 this morning. He'll be loving the free exposure.

Uh, you do realise that they fantasy is based in reality there right?

Tokenism, maybe, representing them as normal people doesn't happen, they are almost always used for comedic reasons.
    No they aren't. Maybe in children's cartoons... Outside of cartoons(which are supposed to be funny) where are they portrayed as solely comedic reasons? Even in Snow White they weren't there for solely comedic reasons.

Yep and those are shitty too.
    I'm not even sure I can follow the logic anymore, are we being racist against fictional races now?
    I mean, do you find it annoying that people look at orcs as dumb brutes? And Night elves as tree huggers?

Yes one of the most famous youtubers is going to benefit from being anti-semetic.
    Yeah, this is what the Streisand effect is. Look at the female that wore a "make america great again" dress. She's making a ton of cash because people like you get outraged over nothing and promote for her. Good job on being part of the problem without realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I'm not even sure I can follow the logic anymore, are we being racist against fictional races now?
    I mean, do you find it annoying that people look at orcs as dumb brutes? And Night elves as tree huggers?
    Those poor, poor orcs enslaved to brutal dictator after brutal dictator only to then be enslaved by humans and forced to fight in arenas. Thank god the mighty Thrall came around and saved his people. Night elves are crazy tree huggers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    To be fair, Token did base LoTR on real life, including the races.

That said, despite being the huge Token fan i am, he was by no means an arbiter of standard fantasy tropes, nor is he the creator of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No wonder they rejected my idea for the film Snow White Supremacist and the Seven Untermensch.
    There have been comics about this... or so I heard, from a friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The fact I know who this guy is pisses me off, I watched one video and I felt my IQ slipping the longer the video went on. Thanks internet for making stupid people famous.
    He's clearly stupid making more money per year than you will in a decade (most likely). Ah, I love these jealous comments on cases like these.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    He's clearly stupid making more money per year than you will in a decade (most likely). Ah, I love these jealous comments on cases like these.
    And I hate pointless white knights that have to defend said idiots. "Hes richer than you lol" Really? Thats your argument...."sad".

You know who else is rich? Instagram stars for showing off their butts. Hookers. Drug dealers. The Kardasian family

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I find him annoying as fuck and stupid. That has zero barring on whether I'm jealous or not. I don't care if people make more money than me. You probably make more money than me. I don't care. How can I possibly be jealous?

You can't pick people out and say what their motives are with so little information.

One idiot gets endorsed by KKK/white supremacist and say racist shit on the internet but gets elected as the POTUS. Another idiot does the same thing and lose his job. Where is the consistency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

This is fantastic news. I think losing out on some revenue due to your tone-deaf and exploitative stunts is something that should happen to more YouTube personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Well it tells me that Dianey has lost touch. If they are going to youtube in order to find creative talent, then the company is pretty much dead.
    They weren't looking at him as creative talent, no matter what they(or others) might say - In the long run, they were looking at 50+ million subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What did this partnership actually do?
    Made him $15 million per year.