Thread: About Wrathion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not sad that he hasn't made an appearance in Legion. He is a character you would usually see in a fanfiction. His entire existance was due to the audience looking the other way while the developers disregarded their own canon. He just doesn't make sense to me and WoW is better off without him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

I liked him and don't want him to turn on out a villain. Too many black dragon villains in the game (or at least there were until we killed them all). Hope he shows up at some point , and saves the day to some degree.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

He probably placed himself in exile because he's an absolute buffoon. Wherever he is I hope he stays there because we're doing just fine fighting the Legion (his fault they're invading right now, by the way) on our own, and with his track record he'll just screw everything up.

Hell, it I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he had a hand in the SI:7 reconnaissance of the Broken Shore being discovered by Detheroc (which, just by the way, ultimately lead to Vol'jin's and Varian's death).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-02-20 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    after the shit he pulled that started wod
    and the shit he pulled in wod
    (visiting taylors garrison then it falling quickly after... weird)
    and
    (when you go back to kadgars tower you see a small black whelp flying away, then inside you find corrupted cordana)

he is most likley avoiding us cause well.... hes fucked up alot of shit
    Blizzard keeps cutting his story arcs, that's about it.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I apologize for all those that I will offend with my analogy, but I can see Wrathion becoming Anduin's Sasuke for the next 3 or so expansions - ultimately developping into an expansion final boss, but more of a "sadly, we must stop my old friend who chose a different path" rather than a "we must kill this old god possesed evil, kitten eating psychophant!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    So true man, so true!

Wrathion is "the boy" that seats at the masters table.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Seems unlikely to me. Wraithion seems to be playing a long game for his own benefit. Clearly, as information players have access to he is not serving the Legion. However, for the same reasons he opposes the Legion he would not serve the Old Gods. Wraithion appears to want to make his own mark on Azeroth and both the Legion and the Old Gods want to scrub it clean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    It is quite possible they are going to go a Garrosh route with Wrathion.

Now that there is a new lore them, perhaps whatever long game they have planned for him, might just get truncated into a lets just turn into a quick bad guy or just drop him altogether routine. Either would not surprise me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you."
    refers to anduin as new king.
    not wrathion.

Formerly known as Arafal

I can't remember 100% but wasn't there something where Wrathion is actually there in Highmountain? Some quest where you find out one of the guys is actually him in disguise or that he was there right before you or something?

Actually, now that I think about it, it was beta. There was even a blue post around it, I'm sure somebody can find it. Wrathion was there in Highmountain for Legion, whether it was a major role or just a cameo, and for whatever reason they took it out.

At the very least we can take that as knowing he's still on the dev's minds.

You know, something hasn't sat right with me since day one with him. It was proclaimed he was the 'last' of the black dragonflight whether that is now last born or last in relation to race we can safely assume the former. I find it odd that Ebonhorn nor Wrathion have seemed to have met to which you'd think both would enjoy that fact of not being single - or well Ebonhorn, Wrathion always seems like a sneaky bastard.

As to say he was in Legion/Highmauntation:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Fligh...e_Black_Prince
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Backdoor#Beta

He was clearly there to visit his father's vault (where 2 warrior artifact appearances are), to recover something according to the "Flight of the Black Prince". His father's body casing's were placed on him in there I think and whether it's to see the place where he went banana's or an ulterior motive which I'm more banking on since he is always trying to influence events. What I only just realised now is that being the in the dragonflight of earth, can he sense Azeroth? I mean prior to the relevation of the planet, we probably never thought that the dragonflight was there to protect Azeroth the planet but rather us since they have intervened and fought with us... so my wonderment is, can he at least use some form of power of earth? Can he understand Azeroth similar to Magni? Does his affinity with earth do anything now?

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I can't remember 100% but wasn't there something where Wrathion is actually there in Highmountain? Some quest where you find out one of the guys is actually him in disguise or that he was there right before you or something?

Actually, now that I think about it, it was beta. There was even a blue post around it, I'm sure somebody can find it. Wrathion was there in Highmountain for Legion, whether it was a major role or just a cameo, and for whatever reason they took it out.

At the very least we can take that as knowing he's still on the dev's minds.
    Yes, that was the whole Ebonhorn-Arc. The fact he made an appearance during beta gave me hope that Blizz did not forget him.

I don't really need or want him as a character, but him missing feels so incredebly awkward after the whole MoP legendary story.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Yes, that was the whole Ebonhorn-Arc. The fact he made an appearance during beta gave me hope that Blizz did not forget him.

I don't really need or want him as a character, but him missing feels so incredebly awkward after the whole MoP legendary story.
    Well he is a fugitive now and probably many people would like to had his head in a stick

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    oh please.... wrathion is just an idiot.
    a child, he's barely 3 years old in dragon years.
    probably 4 by now.
    I mean if you haven't realized you should probably ignore FelPlague as soon as they utter old gods because it's typically headcanon like a lot of people on here.

- - - Updated - - -

wrathion warned taylor about the shit that's happening there.
    and cordana turned crazy because of the shadow orb she was supposed to destroy, yet got corrupted, like garona.
    I wouldn't say corrupted as much as influenced. Guldan(as much as I hate how irrationally overpowered he is considering the time frame and that he was being drained for a long time) is at least somewhat convincing and preyed only upon her doubts and she decided to join him. Granted that was a bit of a leap, but that is how she explained herself. We have no real indication that she was in fact controlled or corrupted other than that's what the orb does, but you would think a semi seasoned warden would be able to fight that better than AU Garona who we have little to no backstory on in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Med'an never made it into the game because Med'an was basically superman. He would eclipsed everyone immediately and been a super character without an in game backstory.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually thought Wrathion was fine. He is a back dragon and a young one at that. He is not your friend, but he can be friendly. He has his own plot and plan and does not see any reason he needs to explain to lowly mortals. He see a threat and everyone around him is a tool for addressing that threat. He cares not about their lives only that they are useful.
    Except he wasn't? He was empowered to be a guardian temporarily and due to his parentage and upbringing was slightly multiclassed. He was not indomitable however and definitely not close to superman. Also he lost the guardian powers at the end of the series or rather returned them. Now, however, since Blizzard didn't know their own lore on both the comic AND the Harbringers story that people were citing as him being a guardian being retconned, that part was erased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    He told that he should watch Ephial, killing him is not an option without sufficient proof because he might just appear as a murderer of an Alliance soldier.
    He was also under constant watch so that was a thing.

*After we kill sargeras (MAYBE), wrathion comes*

Wrath: I'm back! So, how's th...wait a fuck? WHAT IS THIS?! How are you so powerful? WHAT THE FUCK?! Why didn't you call me?

Me: You left me at pandaria, started the draenor shit, did some of the taylor shit, and when the legion DID come, you ran as if you didn't see/know shit...

Wrathion: ...Still got the cloak?

Me: Fuck that cloak, replaced that shit with an even better legendary.

Wrathion: ....Fuck off man...

Me: Fuck you bitch, I Killed a titan, and i'm proud...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    after the shit he pulled that started wod
    and the shit he pulled in wod
    (visiting taylors garrison then it falling quickly after... weird)
    and
    (when you go back to kadgars tower you see a small black whelp flying away, then inside you find corrupted cordana)

he is most likley avoiding us cause well.... hes fucked up alot of shit
    Maybe he became Khadgar, because honestly the only person thats as good at screwing up as Wrathion is him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Wrathion is a terrible character who trolled you throughout an expansion and later caused the abomination known as WoD.

If I ever see him again, I would like to see Ebonhorn choking him in his whelp form and he tells you "Don't mind me, FAMILY BUSINESS!" when you approach him.
    Actually, It was kiroz and garrosh, but wrathion did have some things to do with it...

Ya know what they say, 3 wrongs definitely don't make a right...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Maybe he became Khadgar, because honestly the only person thats as good at screwing up as Wrathion is him.....
    What? Khadgar is showing AS much progress as a character, as we are NOW! I honestly blame illidan. If we didn't care about our bullshit, and had actually just stuck with the plan of Killing the LK, He would've invaded argus faster, and fucked up kil'jaeden even further....

Cause, WC3 pushed illidans plans far by alot....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Actually, It was kiroz and garrosh, but wrathion did have some things to do with it...
    it was wrathion....
    it was his plan, he worked together with kairoz and the infinite dragonflight to free garrosh and send him to draenor to get the iron horde over to bolster our defenses.

what that idiotic drake didnt think of is that kairoz was batshit insane and that garrosh was an evil bloodthirsty bastard.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-02-14 at 11:15 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

it was wrathion....
    it was his plan, he worked together with kairoz and the infinite dragonflight to free garrosh and send him to draenor to get the iron horde over to bolster our defenses.

what that idiotic drake didnt think of is that kairoz was batshit insane and that garrosh was an evil bloodthirsty bastard.
    Well, then again, he did switch sides cause he originally thought that the Horde was the "Winning side", only to switch to the other. Won't be surprised if he joins the Void, like his father. *Mic Drop*

10+ Year Old Account
    it was wrathion....
    Wrathion was on board, but it was Kairoz's plan. Wrathion didn't really do anything.
    Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    ...Kairozdormu is a member of that and he helps Garrosh escape and takes him to this point in history so that he can rally the Horde together because he feels like the world needs a Garrosh Hellscream in order to be able to take on the Burning Legion; that Azeroth isn't strong enough to do it on its own. But he's kind of betrayed by Garrosh. He doesn't know that Garrosh is going to use his freedom to rally his buddies like he said he would, but then get revenge on the people that he hates on Azeroth. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Micky Neilson
    At the end of War Crimes, Wrathion confronts Anduin and knocks him out, saying "I'm the Black Dragonflight now. Protecting Azeroth is my responsibility." And he seems very obsessed with stopping the Burning Legion even if it means wiping out an entire faction to create a super army that is capable of fighting off the Legion. Is Kairoz abusing the relationship to try to make an Infinite Dragonflight again? Or... How does sending Garrosh to an alternate timeline help Wrathion's goals in our timeline? Or is Wrathion off to the side for this expansion and this is something else?
    They're not connected, but Kairoz does find a way to connect them. And that's something that is explored in the Hellscream short story. It's more at this point—once we start getting into the Hellscream short story and everything else—it's really more about Kairoz and his plan than it is Wrathion at that point. (Source)