Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    The grind and preparation required for raiding this expansion, is a lot of work. And there are a lot of people who care about world firsts. Who are you to represent millions of players?

Anyone who's not seeing the issues with AP grind and legendaries, needs to seriously open their eyes.

Who is Trump? Who is Obama? Who is Hitler? Why would I know, I have a life
    Again, not really. It's actually really, really easy to get into raiding with this expansion. Imo the easiest it's been since MoP. This isn't about being "prepared" for raiding, it's about elite raid rosters wanting BiS everything for progressing a race that matters to very few people, let alone "millions of players" (lmao).
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Again, not really. It's actually really, really easy to get into raiding with this expansion. Imo the easiest it's been since MoP. This isn't about being "prepared" for raiding, it's about elite raid rosters wanting BiS everything for progressing a race that matters to very few people, let alone "millions of players" (lmao).
    I'd like to know how to easily get into raiding. And by that I don't mean normal or heroic, or clearing content 8 months after it's relevant. I could save myself (and many friends) a lot of time.
    Obviously competitive raiding will have high requirements. Guilds have the same requirements as previous expansions, yet the time required now vs WoD/MoP is infinitely higher. Blizzard caused the problems in todays raiding, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    The upcoming 7.2 AP grind is going to cause massive amount of top guilds to call it quits. Blizzard's obsession with endless grinds is a sick joke.
    More like catering to a demand. People demanded this, they demanded that Blizzard put in this kind of grind for continuous increase in power that has no limit. Sometimes I wonder if the community is its own worst enemy. They demand, Blizzard caters, then they cry about what they demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    More like catering to a demand. People demanded this, they demanded that Blizzard put in this kind of grind for continuous increase in power that has no limit. Sometimes I wonder if the community is its own worst enemy. They demand, Blizzard caters, then they cry about what they demanded.
    Almost as if the game has a very varied playerbase and people have different opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The only group of players that's negatively effected by the current system are those raiding 4+ days and trying to get a high ranking on wowp, everyone else (the majority who are actively playing this game) are having a blast.

This is the current system, and it's working for everyone but hardcore raiders. You can either adapt, schedule more playtime or reel back, find a new guild with lessened character upkeep requirements, and play less.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Almost as if the game has a very varied playerbase and people have different opinions.
    Not denying that but there comes a time where a consensus needs to be made that works for all players otherwise we're always going to pendulum between too much or too little. Yet everyone seems content with bashing and name calling instead. Hense why "Own worst enemy."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    The problem is definitely player driven. Blizzard needs to put a cap to protect players from themselves because we all know people will grind the shit out of it.
    No people should not be hand holded into being sensible. They're grown adults or teens who should know better. If someone is having fun playing longer they should be rewarded.

I like AP as it is, but not legendaries. Not sure I want 7.2 nodes to take 4x as long though. Currently 1-3 days per trait depending on if I work that day.

Not denying that but there comes a time where a consensus needs to be made that works for all players
    No, there doesn't. The vast majority of players will never scratch the surface on what a game like wow has to offer - and often aren't interested many aspects. The game is by design not going to appeal to everyone in every aspect - and just because some people don't like something doesn't mean it's the wrong decision.

You will never please everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

AP grind is a worst thing blizzard added in Legion. Raiders should not be forced to run thousands of dungeons to be able to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    AP grind is a worst thing blizzard added in Legion. Raiders should not be forced to run thousands of dungeons to be able to raid.
    I'm able to raid and i hit 110 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Says the guy who probably haven't even stepped into heroic Nighthold, yet alone Mythic Nighthold. How is your LFR progress going?

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Says the guy who probably haven't even stepped into heroic Nighthold, yet alone Mythic Nighthold. How is your LFR progress going?
    as long as u dont farm ap with your 10 chars you are completly fine. stop acting like the ap grind is so stupid high and undoable. i'm at 41 traits 2 weeks in. Seriously it's not nearly as worse as people make it out to be. If you wanna be top 10, then yeah farming ap with 10 chars sucks but if you are not why even bother.

Deleted
    Good joke, we're obviously talking about Mythic raiding that Blizzard in their wisdom have tuned around you having 54 traits in your artifact.

Enjoyed duking it out with various bits of MW in Wintergrasp way back when.

I've really never understood why there is such a lack of high-end NA raiding. I mean I've been in guilds that were definitely high end and considered "hardcore" but obviously nothing even close to the people that race for kills, and I don't see why there aren't more top-end guilds in the NA region.

Is there a specific reason I don't know about or is it just coincidence? Is it a lifestyle thing between the two somewhat different cultures? I honestly don't understand it and never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Did you ever fall behind by 3 months? I don't think you fell behind by months if you think its that easy to catch back up.
    I took a break came back and started from scratch on a Resto Druid 3 - 4weeks ago.

It's incredibly easy to gear and catch up now, especially if you save Suramar for AK25 for how lucrative it is for AP. While my Artifact is now 46, in that time I also had to research to get to 25 (which the tme it takes is reduced), i'm a healer so I was unable to join keystone carry groups so formed them myself for my own key, pretty fun doing my 10 key at 838ilvl.

Passed 3 months work in under a month, without nolifing it. I play roughly a few hours every day with more on the weekend when the fiance gives me the okay
    The idea that you can't catch up or gear alts is a myth.

Also a note is your class hall research is also reduced by 50% so you can do the long ones like equip your second legendary in 7days instead of the original 14days on release.

Reference;
    15/01/2017 - First raid freshly dinged@838ilvl:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing
    13/02/2017 - Sunday night N NH@896ilvl:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing
    For Artifact: https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...tmourne/Yunaqt (Just hit refresh which should bring it from 45-46)
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2017-02-14 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Cleaned text & added dates

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I've really never understood why there is such a lack of high-end NA raiding. I mean I've been in guilds that were definitely high end and considered "hardcore" but obviously nothing even close to the people that race for kills, and I don't see why there aren't more top-end guilds in the NA region.

Is there a specific reason I don't know about or is it just coincidence? Is it a lifestyle thing between the two somewhat different cultures? I honestly don't understand it and never have.
    Because the game isn't as fun as it used to be.

Deleted
    Able to raid NM or HM, sure. I have a char with less than 3 days played at level 110, 883 ilvl and 38 points. But I'm not a serious raider, so the grind doesn't apply to the immense majority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Because the game isn't as fun as it used to be.
    So the game is more fun in Europe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah, i defend a game where the 90% (let's say 85% so you are happy) of players can log in every day and do something really useful if they want to. Yeah WoD was so much better for that 10% of player, just log in 3 days a week and get your WF.
    But what about all thepeople with nothing to do, or better raid mythic or gtfo?
    Now you have one hundred+1 way to increase you character power, and to be honest this game shuold not be tuned on those who fell forced to do them all in a month.

(if you want to talk about the quality or if you like to do that things, it's another topic).
    But does it matter if 80% of players are happy when only 10 people are playing?
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.