Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should warriors get priority over Draught?

Heard some people say this, thats its better and gets more use from warriors than other classes.

So would it be fair to give priority to them?

Deleted
    Your raid group won't give a damn about the answers in this thread.

No.

Priority should be given for players skill, not for what class they are playing.

Deleted
    Yes, Draught should be priority to your best Arms warrior.

Draught should be priority for next hotfix.
    Reduce damage twice, make always crit.
    End this 20% of character damage BS.

Yes of course. Just like any other trinket is prioritized for xx class/spec

Quote Originally Posted by Narruin View Post
    But then it should be removed from the GCD and allow you to continue casting spells over its duration... yeah, it does 8+ mil in 3 seconds but both arms and fury burst is kinda high inside BC any wayz.

No,

Context

I raid the same hours as you, we were both there for the kill, why should you get priority over me?

The only way someone should have priority is if it's a massive upgrade for you, and only a small marginal upgrade for me. If its massive for both of us, then tough shit really,

If you're using a DKP or EPGP system and you have more points, then fine,

Because your class doesn't benefit from it that much whereas warriors get a huge dps increase which is beneficial for your entire raid.
    Or you can just choose to be selfish and entitled, but that's not really the mindset to have in a guild that wants progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No,

Context

I raid the same hours as you, we were both there for the kill, why should you get priority over me?

The only way someone should have priority is if it's a massive upgrade for you, and only a small marginal upgrade for me. If its massive for both of us, then tough shit really,

If you're using a DKP or EPGP system and you have more points, then fine,
    Any serious guild will prioritize those who benefit the most. Say DoS is the third best trinket in NH for your class. While DoS might be an huge upgrade to your current trinket, you're going to replace it with your best and second best trinket anyway while other classes which has it as bis and will never replace the trinket unless it's an ilvl upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Any serious guild will prioritize those who benefit the most. Say DoS is the third best trinket in NH for your class. While DoS might be an huge upgrade to your current trinket, you're going to replace it with your best and second best trinket anyway while other classes which has it as bis and will never replace the trinket unless it's an ilvl upgrade.
    This, a casual guild will definitely not care who it goes to. Any guild worth their salt and serious about progression would give it to their active raiding DPS warriors first.

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    Because your class doesn't benefit from it that much whereas warriors get a huge dps increase which is beneficial for your entire raid.
    Or you can just choose to be selfish and entitled, but that's not really the mindset to have in a guild that wants progression.
    It's not a huge dps increase compared to other trinkets though. It's bis, but that's it. People are overvaluing the trinket just because it shows huge numbers in the logs, but don't seem to account for the lost dmg.

Deleted
    For mythic raiding yes. For anything else NO.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter which class benefits more
    It's all about what's better for the raid. If arms warrior is struggling to reach the top of the DPS meters in the raid - give it to them. If they are already at the top - give it to someone else to bring them up. You don't want to stack all DPS on one top dpser.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's all about what's better for the raid. If arms warrior is struggling to reach the top of the DPS meters in the raid - give it to them. If they are already at the top - give it to someone else to bring them up. You don't want to stack all DPS on one top dpser.
    I disagree, if the Arms Warrior is struggling to reach the top he/she might just be bad. If that's not the case many things should be taken into account. In the case of trinkets or perhaps even an item that rolls to max ilvl, it should go to who ever's BiS it is. If you get a Draught and your just going to replace it with something else that's lame.

I remember back in WoTLK I would constantly pass on Heroic Deathbringers Will because I already had a regular one, and I waited for the rest of my guildies w/o it entirely to get it. However my cut off point was at the newest recruit who had not earned his keep yet. So if the guy is new....yea fuck him.

Someone doesn't understand opportunity cost.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Buff Arms Warriors and I'm okay with these changes. Otherwise, no. Blizzard made 0 comments on many threads over the low DPS of Arms in AoE fights, even if it's two or three mobs together. DoS just carries the spec ... which is freaking sad. But this was done intentional by Blizzard -shrugs-

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I disagree, if the Arms Warrior is struggling to reach the top he/she might just be bad. If that's not the case many things should be taken into account. In the case of trinkets or perhaps even an item that rolls to max ilvl, it should go to who ever's BiS it is. If you get a Draught and your just going to replace it with something else that's lame.

I remember back in WoTLK I would constantly pass on Heroic Deathbringers Will because I already had a regular one, and I waited for the rest of my guildies w/o it entirely to get it. However my cut off point was at the newest recruit who had not earned his keep yet. So if the guy is new....yea fuck him.
    When we started Nighthold on the first week, I was hanging at the bottom of some of the meters. Arms AoE sucks, you cannot argue with us about that. The best fix is to have the pants - it is *required* to have sustained AoE damage otherwise have just a small window of very high burst of AoE damage and then we sink on the meters. My guildies got tier pieces and trinkets over me and I struggled to be anywhere remotely good. They went 200k+ over me. Then I bonus rolled on the shoulders and got it, RL forgot to switch to ML and we killed the Gloves boss (forgot his name) and I got the hands. Next week they give me 2 tier pieces and I finally had sustained DPS as an FR Arms. In fact, did about 5% more DPS on bosses than the others. I got few more heroic pieces and I'm a little ahead, with DoS no one can touch me on ST. I'm literally 15%+ on most heroic bosses as of my raiding from yesterday.

I don't know how good it is for Fury, but if you got an FR Arms Warrior that knows how to play the class, then I suggest to give it to them first if you want those bosses to die like butterflies. I'm at 100% increased damage just from CS, without using 20% increased damage from Avatar.

I'd rather have my 40% damage to FR and at least 85% sustained AoE DPS (high DPS, not cute tiny numbers) and have DoS nerfed for us. That's just my opinion on this.
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2017-02-15 at 05:17 PM.

Loling at all the casual players saying "We all show to raid it should be even!" If you're ever going to step into mythic raiding within the next month, yes. Favour your warriors. Because prog>all. And any half decent raider would understand and desire loot to go to whoever gets the largest benefit in the team. Raid team>Personal interests.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    It's not a huge dps increase compared to other trinkets though. It's bis, but that's it. People are overvaluing the trinket just because it shows huge numbers in the logs, but don't seem to account for the lost dmg.
    Even after the lost damage, it's a 50k+ dps gain over alternatives. A DoS for a warrior is like equipping 2 extra legendaries. If you think it's overvalued, it's because you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What's better for the raid is increasing your raid DPS the most. If a warrior is already at the top, giving it to them is still the right decision over any other class. You do want to stack all the DPS you can on your top DPSer.