Prot | Ignore Pain uptime? 70%?

What is usual uptime of Prot Warrior while tanking Nighthold Heroic?

My uptime of Shieldblock is around 50% and Ignore pain 30%. Someone commented me that I should have 70% Ignore Pain uptime all time.
    Which I believe that it is way too high. Opinions?

What is your uptime of Ignore Pain while tanking NH heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    What is usual uptime of Prot Warrior while tanking Nighthold Heroic?

My uptime of Shieldblock is around 50% and Ignore pain 30%. Someone commented me that I should have 70% Ignore Pain uptime all time.
    Which I believe that it is way too high. Opinions?

What is your uptime of Ignore Pain while tanking NH heroic?
    30% is far far too low
    for reference, I am doing 71% uptime in mythic

What? How does it even matter? If you're not getting ragecapped and not wasting rage for extra revenges outside of vengeance weaving then it doesn't matter at all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This question doesn´t make sense. Even if you are playing perfect but getting huge hits, your uptime will be low, since the IPs will be consumed almost immediatly. However, you could compare the number of uses perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Good Morning Zenjie,
    I would say it should be evaluated by boss, we could take a look at Mythic Karsus for example, I personally find it near impossible to maintain a large up-time on IP, as the dot continually rips it off you even when not actively taking melee hits. But, if we compare this fight to lets say Trilliax you should be seeing an abundance of IP up-time as you are only actively tanking for your portion of the debuff and helping soak slashes/eating cake/sharing link for the rest allowing you to solely pool rage for IP stacking. Did you have Logs you could provide for us to go over and get a better picture?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    My uptime of Shieldblock is around 50%
    I believe this is a much bigger problem for you, especially if this is while actively tanking. You should aim for 100% uptime while the boss is attacking you.

I don't know who told you that warriors should have 70% uptime on IP, but you can tell them they're wrong and measuring IP effectiveness by uptime is simply idiotic. If you wanted to look at IP specifically, checking IP amount from your healing done would probably be a good place to start.

Problem with uptime is that you can have the same effective absorb with 30% or 70% uptime, depending on whether you press IP right after being hit or right before.

Deleted
    Yes, aim for 100% SB. It will be extremely helpful in NH, given the huge amount of abilities that are blockable [/irony]

The uptime on shield block and ignore pain differ a lot between specs.

When playing the anger management + devastator build you will have much less uptime of shield block but higher of ignore pain. And the most important part of this setup is that you have much higher uptime on larger cooldowns such as shield wall, last stand and demoralizing shout. This setup also gives a lot of extra damage because you don't need to spam devastate anymore, giving many shield slam procs aswell. This spec is prefered when you take heavy damage during small periods such as the Krosus fight with slams and spellblade during annihilate. A bit of notice for this setup is that you need a lot of haste (around 30%) to have an OK uptime of shield block. The rotation is quite simple, just play with vengeance and spam ignore pain and then revenge on proc, the idea is to spend as much rage as possible to reduce the cooldown of your defensive spells.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=Any&target=48
    Here you can see my logs over my buffs, as you can see I have used demoralizing shout 6 times on a 3.5 min fight.

If you dont have 40+ traits and 890+ ilevel OR legendary gloves and 870+ ilevel then I would recommend playing with Indomitable, vengeance and heavy repercussions setup, remember the 30% haste cap for 100% uptime on shield block, keeping it up 100% is not really nessesary if you're not tanking the boss 100% of the time.

Also want to note that both my healing and damage is passing over 90 of 100 score, with only 37% uptime on ignore pain. If I where to get the legendary gloves I would without a doubt reach 100 score. That is just how good they are.
    Last edited by SheepHunter; 2017-02-17 at 10:01 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hynack View Post
    Yes, aim for 100% SB. It will be extremely helpful in NH, given the huge amount of abilities that are blockable [/irony]
    You mean like... all melee attacks? You know, aka "huge part of incoming damage except on two bosses"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    You mean like... all melee attacks? You know, aka "huge part of incoming damage except on two bosses"?
    I mean:

Skorpyron ~ 30% blockable (not any special ability, so minor attacks)
    Anomality ~ 30 % blockable (again none of the hard hitting abilities)
    Trilliax ~ 35% blockable damage (not the only dangerous thing, which is the slash)
    Krosus ~ LOL (not even the slams)
    Star Agur ~ hahaha, good one (ok comets are, I will give you that)
    Aluriel ~ 95% blockable (This one is actually really nice for the Annihilates)
    Tichondrius ~ 65% (nothing significant, he also lacks hard hitting special abilities. Zero effect in the Swarm)
    Botanist ~ 75-80% (but again he does not have any particular dangerous ability. If doing NAS and you dont get dispelled, good luck with that)
    Elisande ~ 50%
    Guldan ~ 45% (just plan melee attacks, nothing else is blockable)

Is not just that the % of blockable damage is quite low (around 40% average). Is the fact that except Annihilates, NO other of the special dangerous abilities is.

Compare this list with your average druid tank list, with around 95% of the incoming damage "blockable" in some way (armor, magic %) + the extra 2 or even 3M HP, just in case. It is a no brainer which tank to pick up for progression at the moment.
    Last edited by mmoc7d3a4c53a2; 2017-02-18 at 08:12 PM.