Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthdrip View Post
    Here is a Pre-Release Tier List to check out:

*snip*
    Definitely agree with most of that. Warden shoulder charge was annoying AF, but I honestly had more trouble against good Peace Keepers than anything.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Any plans for this game to have ranked matches with leader boards in order to become competitive in future or it is only going to be casual MP ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    A normal GB is counter-able, but the GB that comes after parrying a heavy attack is not.
    Well shit that explains a lot, I was thinking I was just getting slow with my reaction time when that happened but I did not know it was uncounterable. Is it possible to dodge away from or are you actually fucked when that happens?

Bleeding need's to be nerfed or removed.

Its so dumb that only a couple classes bleed when everyone uses a weapon that can inflict it. Then you get people who hit you with a bleed and run away.

It needs to at lease be nerfed where it drop's you to 1HP and can't kill someone.

Targeting also needs to be fixed. People are standing close to each other just so it fuck's up targeting. Makes 1v1 fights fucken pointless when there team mate hugs them to fuck up targeting.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-14 at 10:20 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I'm getting a bit annoyed with the peacekeeper bleed, it seems to do a huge chunk of damage and as mentioned above can even get the killing blow. I didn't really mind it in the beta but since the game has gone live it seems like every peacekeeper I come against does nothing but spam that bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm getting a bit annoyed with the peacekeeper bleed, it seems to do a huge chunk of damage and as mentioned above can even get the killing blow. I didn't really mind it in the beta but since the game has gone live it seems like every peacekeeper I come against does nothing but spam that bleed.
    Ya like I said the bleed mechanic is just fucken stupid. It shouldn't kill you or even do the amount of damage it does.

To be honest it just needs to go.

I have a feeling they will change it and do it quickly.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Maybe I'm Missing something but guard break is counterable? You simply hit it the same time the enemy does.
    Yes, the normal guard break is but not the one you can do after a successful parry (blocking and timing a heavy attack)

Howdy~ just wondering, for those who already own the game, hows the ingame store?

The campaign is garbage haha. I guess if you like the multiplayer it's alright.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing a lot of Lawbringer. He's kind of weak, but still fun. It's a shame most of his combos are useless against a good player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Howdy~ just wondering, for those who already own the game, hows the ingame store?
    You can buy steel, which is in-game currency that can be used to upgrade stuff, buy item creates, or get customization stuff. iirc it's kind of pricey.

That said, gear only matters in 4v4 (which is already a clusterfuck) so it's not that big of a deal.

So how is the game? I am thinking in buy it in my ps4 but then i remember how much I hate download games in that console

First 2 hours of play was me getting my ass kicked trying and learning the classes, finally settled on the Lawbringer, do pretty decent with him compared to the others, Berserker is a close second though, the others i just plain suck at atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    So how is the game? I am thinking in buy it in my ps4 but then i remember how much I hate download games in that console
    Based on how people have reacted to it so far, you will either love it or hate it. Its mainly a multiplayer game, but does have single player campaigns which encourage replaying on higher difficulty (the more you play the more XP you get, the more XP you get the cooler talents you can unlock and equip your hero). The single player storyline is there, but you are buying this game for the gameplay, not for the story. This game delivers exactly what its Dev said in an interview a long time ago which is, "remember when you were kids and wondered who would win in a fight, Knights or Samurai? well this is that game".

One big thing to keep in mind is that this has a lot of Fighting Game elements in it. Even though combos are simple and movelists are not extensive, the variety and situations can make learning what to do and how to handle each class tough. This learning curve is a turn off to some people. You WILL suck at first. And since the game is multiplayer, you might get good but still get stomped thanks to other opponents ganging up on you. You have to mind your surroundings and not tunnel vision 1v1 (although there is a mode for just dueling).

For me, I enjoy it. I feel my $60 was well spent and I will get a lot of enjoyable hours out of this game.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Based on how people have reacted to it so far, you will either love it or hate it. Its mainly a multiplayer game, but does have single player campaigns which encourage replaying on higher difficulty (the more you play the more XP you get, the more XP you get the cooler talents you can unlock and equip your hero). The single player storyline is there, but you are buying this game for the gameplay, not for the story. This game delivers exactly what its Dev said in an interview a long time ago which is, "remember when you were kids and wondered who would win in a fight, Knights or Samurai? well this is that game".

One big thing to keep in mind is that this has a lot of Fighting Game elements in it. Even though combos are simple and movelists are not extensive, the variety and situations can make learning what to do and how to handle each class tough. This learning curve is a turn off to some people. You WILL suck at first. And since the game is multiplayer, you might get good but still get stomped thanks to other opponents ganging up on you. You have to mind your surroundings and not tunnel vision 1v1 (although there is a mode for just dueling).

For me, I enjoy it. I feel my $60 was well spent and I will get a lot of enjoyable hours out of this game.
    The main concern I have about this game is that all it REALLY offers is repetitive fights over and over and over again. I suppose that's sort of what you get out of a fighting game, but at least with those you don't have to grind out a bunch of EXP and equipment to customize your playstyle. You just get it by choosing a character.

If all "For Honor" can give us is a bunch of duels and a fuster-cluck 4v4, I just don't see the value of $60. Whatever their season pass includes for future content better be downright AMAZING. Don't get me wrong though: The combat IS pretty good, and it's going to take some time for people to master even one class, much less all of them. But the game really just needs more game modes.

As it stands right now, it's just not worth the money IMHO. Maybe for some people there's enough game there to warrant the price. But I'd personally wait for a steam sale or something unless you absolutely MUST get in now and try to attempt to stay on the cutting edge of competition.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-15 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

So the game is kinda a fighting game with some rpg elements and some moba elements too, very interesting, you know since I was a kid i was expecting a game like this and if the 3 class are varied and had a different gameplay that is more attractive, but my main concern is in which platform should I buy? Because so far i hate a lot of things in the ps4 like the download thing which can take days even in repose mode and the multiplayer from the battlefront of ea had made me hate a lot the ps4 because is so fucking unbalanced with maps which x faction always win no matter what or you play against player with more gear and better ewapons but my pc is utterly crap and no longer can run games like wow or heroes of the storm, so that is the thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    So the game is kinda a fighting game with some rpg elements and some moba elements too, very interesting, you know since I was a kid i was expecting a game like this and if the 3 class are varied and had a different gameplay that is more attractive, but my main concern is in which platform should I buy? Because so far i hate a lot of things in the ps4 like the download thing which can take days even in repose mode and the multiplayer from the battlefront of ea had made me hate a lot the ps4 because is so fucking unbalanced with maps which x faction always win no matter what or you play against player with more gear and better ewapons but my pc is utterly crap and no longer can run games like wow or heroes of the storm, so that is the thing
    I would agree that I did get a little bit of a MOBA feel (more Smite than LoL) due to the little creeps you can beat up for XP. But I don't think I would say it has RPG elements. Sure, you can customize and unlock talents, and throughout the match you level up and unlock those talents...but if anything I would say it just has a minor level of customization for your hero.

In regards to the Maps, you play for different factions (but can choose any faction heroes) and the maps are very balanced. You will also randomly be on Attacker or Defense, so there is not really any map that has certain advantages (unless you count extra pits and hazards that you are confident taking advantage of).
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    The campaign is garbage haha. I guess if you like the multiplayer it's alright.
    Agreed. It was pretty poor story-telling, and the fucking minions boned more a million times more than the enemy did (only did normal because I was just looking to knock it out for the crest)

Playing with a controller hurt my hands. Specifically the left hand since I had to hold the back trigger the entire fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Playing with a controller hurt my hands. Specifically the left hand since I had to hold the back trigger the entire fucking time.
    There's an option to change lock on to toggle. Can't imagine playing without it.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

It's a lot of fun, good depth to combat and extremely skill-based. However it's absolutely not worth anything close to $80 (AUD). It's essentially a minigame, if it had a decent campaign then yeah maybe, but from what I've heard the campaigns last < 1 hour each.