Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, the problem is that they didnt vote elitists out of office but elitsts into office.

Or is Goldman Sachs a workers union nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    ..."all Trump supports are racist etc"
    REEEEEEEE-

I don't believe anyone worth having a discussion with believes...
    Oh. Carry on then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    And while I can sympathize I can't really feel that sorry when the writing has been on the wall for the past decade or so. Manufacturing, bye bye. Coal? Bye bye. Automation and alternative energy is coming and people need to put their pride aside and start demanding that our leaders start coming up with a solution to this problem. Enough with the "bootstraps" narrative and promising jobs that aren't coming back in any sort of substantial way.
    That 60 year old tired worker should just pick himself up by his bootstraps and get re-educated, right?

You guys who are railing on the lower class workers who is losing their jobs, telling them to just get educated and go back to school is using exactly that, the bootstrap narrative without even realizing it.
    It's also ignoring a multitude of other factors in the middle of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Not starving to death. Being able to afford medicine. Being able to cloth your children.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes, when you are desperate enough, you might be willing to believe a lie if it means there is a chance you will be saved.
    Which is fine. WHen someone is promising you a job, and someone else is taking you for granted then the choice would seem like an easy one. However, the next step in the process would be to be honest with yourself whether that person actually can deliver on what he promises. This dude's long winded response basically boils down to "it's the economy stupid", which obviously isn't anything new.

They voted on hope that Trump is capable. he simply isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    But nothing he says is solved by voting for Trump. Sure he has some points with some truth to them, but there isn't any real "meat" to the decision of voting Trump over Clinton here.
    Trump, like every other candidate in history, surely will say outlandish unobtainable goals to get elected. However, you have to understand the choice here. It was known (Hillary) nothing changes vs unknown (Trump) things are sure to change. People voted for change, the only change option they had. That's all you have to understand. You can argue the points that you think the changes were going to be bad, but that's just a bet the midwest had to make to try and get some focus on the basics. It's unfortunate the state the two sides are in that we have to choose from. I think a lot of people would really like a sensible centrist who understands a good balance of domestic and economic policy, freedom, equality, foreign policy with a little bit of morality and common sense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    So you think the media was out to make Hillary a scumbag, and she had no part in that herself?

Not sure he proved any of your "points".
    Rofl, from the most unbiased poster on MMO. /s

No matter what my response would be, you'd argue against it, because your hatred for Hillary, fueled by the very falsities I've referenced, doesn't allow you any more objectivity. It would be like arguing against a religious zealot. What's the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was choosing the lesser of two evils but the picked the wrong one? Let's face it, you had two awful choices, they had to pick someone :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    That 60 year old tired worker should just pick himself up by his bootstraps and get re-educated, right?

You guys who are railing on the lower class workers who is losing their jobs, telling them to just get educated and go back to school is using exactly that, the bootstrap narrative without even realizing it.
    If my industry suddenly disolved, Id be screwed.

I have 1 professional skill, communications. Im quite proficient in customer service. But if suddenly my job opportunities vanished, id be comoletely screwed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Most Trump supporters were either lied to or faked out by false news. That or they hated Hillary so much they would take anyone - but that hatred was also based on false news and deception.
    Lets be honest, both sides are guilty. People watching the Democratic primaries thought they were watching an honest attempt to see which candidate their supporters wanted more when in reality it was rigged where Hillary was already going to win. She was passed debate questions prior to debates by fake news organizations and given veto/edit power on stories run on her by these same fake news organizations.

If they're so callous towards their own supporters to pretend that they actually matter by hosting a rigged election it begs the question what else are they being dishonest about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is fine. WHen someone is promising you a job, and someone else is taking you for granted then the choice would seem like an easy one. However, the next step in the process would be to be honest with yourself whether that person actually can deliver on what he promises. This dude's long winded response basically boils down to "it's the economy stupid", which obviously isn't anything new.

Sadly, buyers remorse applies to voting as well. They bought it because it was sold real well to them. Now we have to wait and see if it is delivered. If not, then im sure the midwest and the coasts will find common ground. So long as their aren't vilified for voting Trump into office.

I have 1 professional skill, communications. Im quite proficient in customer service. But if suddenly my job opportunities vanished, id be comoletely screwed.
    Buuut...the manufacturing industry didn't "suddenly" vanish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post

No that's not at all what I'm saying. A 60 year old retired worker should be taken care of by the government that they worked and contributed towards. They paid their dues, so to speak. The younger generations... well yeah they still have the means to "re-educate" but what I'm really saying is we're heading towards a future where most menial jobs will be automated. What will we do then? Make automation illegal? It's never going to happen. We need to look into ways to take care of our people and not leave them out to starve because they can't work the higher end jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    My gut reaction is someone's been spending too much time arguing on the internet. I don't believe anyone worth having a discussion with believes "all Trump supports are racist etc". It's a red herring argument designed to reinforce the idea that they're the real victims of whatever they want to define as liberal oppression.

It's all tiresome nonsense.
    Its a massive case of projection and its almost impossible to get them to see this.

Then pick yourself up by your bootstraps and get educated in something else, it's like magic.

Of course, i don't actually mean that, i have sympathy for your situation and i have been there myself, but that's exactly what i am seeing from the Clinton camp while they love to rail on the lower class workers.

Telling you to get educated if your industry go bonkers is one thing, but what about for example stuff like, do you even want to change line of work? Do you even fit into other line of work?
    A guy i know who used to help me alot when i was down in the shitters a few years back, who works with social security told me that trying to force someone into a job/work they don't truly want to work in is an highway road to making sure they lose their job quicker than they gained it and into the streets where they will have a hard time recovering from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not starving to death. Being able to afford medicine. Being able to cloth your children.
    So, rather have other people starve to death because those are discriminated against getting a workplace? And lol at affordable medicine, if they voting against healthcare, then that's a grave they are digging themselves I guess.

Why was my post deleted?

Sadly, buyers remorse applies to voting as well. They bought it because it was sold real well to them. Now we have to wait and see if it is delivered. If not, then im sure the midwest and the coasts will find common ground. So long as their aren't vilified for voting Trump into office.
    That's the rub though, right? This guy has already decided that he has been vilified and is the victim of some oppressive "liberal" cabal. If he was a Trump supporter who isn't racist and a bigot, then those criticism don't apply to him. The desire to be a victim is something that is at odds with my core being so I have a hard time taking an argument born from that as a serious one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    So, rather have other people starve to death because those are discriminated against getting a workplace? And lol at affordable medicine, if they voting against healthcare, then that's a grave they are digging themselves I guess.
    Affordable for who? No job means you can't afford anything.

Yesterday, I hated you. Today I don't.

There was some reason to doubt that he could handle it, but there were other reasons not to in my mind. Honestly, a Presidency is a mysterious thing. It's a man surrounded by dozens of professionals in all areas telling him his options and giving their opinions to the best options. Sure, it's a lot of responsibility to be the deciding factor, but you have the best around you helping you make those decisions. I may not be a financial analyst, but I still have a 401k because a professional helps me out. A Presidency to me, is a lot like a CEO and let's be honest here, many on this forum think CEO's don't deserve their pay because it's people around them doing all the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Why was my post deleted?
    No clue. Not my doing.