Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No wonder people's view on the world and other human beings is warped to hell when they get everything they know from that every-idiot-can-say-whatever-Twitter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Should be easy enough for you to prove you didn't.
    Page 4 or 5 I think.

I think in the end the main reason why so many white libertarians, liberals and conservatives are so eager to defend Nazis and think hugging them is the right thing to do, is because they have never experienced racial violence. They don't understand how speech can contribute to oppression and hate. They are not in danger. They think you can contain the Nazis. They will become less radical and see the error of their ways.

We Germans thought that. Von Hindenburg thought he could control the Nazis. He couldn't. January 1933 Hitler became chancellor. July 1933 all parties except the Nazi party were outlawed.

Nazis are dangerous. Their goal is to destroy democracy and to eradicate anybody not fitting their ideals. They will do anything to achieve those goals. They are like cancer and must be destroyed before you wake up one day and it is too late. Their very existence threatens lives.

As Jim Jeffries said, they didn't start to gas people on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Page 4 or 5 I think.
    Good find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good find it.
    You're not the boss of me no matter how superior your intellect and rational are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Doesn't give lies the same value as truth.
    While this is true, a person is free to lie all they want. Until it becomes slanderous, the individual should be ignored. Even so there are better ways to deal with people than encourage violence.

You're not the boss of me no matter how superior your intellect and rational are.
    No proof then of opposition to political violence.

Good show.

10+ Year Old Account
    No proof then of opposition to political violence.

Good show.
    And you have no proof that I condone political violence. Anyways as fun as this is I've got class in a couple of minutes at my Liberal University™. I'm taking Libcuck Indoctrination 101™ so I'll catch ya later Dex.

And you have no proof that I condone political violence. Anyways as fun as this is I've got class in a couple of minutes at my Liberal University™. I'm taking Libcuck Indoctrination 101™ so I'll catch ya later Dex.
    I've got you posting some garbage about how you want people to do it, even if they'll get arrested. So, no.

Definitely a joke in poor taste. Nazis who actively promote ethnic cleansing are in a class by themselves when it comes to this topic, I think.

Libertarianism a most certainly an ill-advised and childish ideology (cue the anime avatars freaking out) but it's also far, far less dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The hate-filled left-wingers aren't the side that's racist.
    They tend to be right-wing...and Trump supporters.
    i never said anything about race, that is Your own subconscious projection
    try reading things with both eyes open...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    While this is true, a person is free to lie all they want. Until it becomes slanderous, the individual should be ignored. Even so there are better ways to deal with people than encourage violence.
    Tried no-platforming.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If only they'd listen to those rebuttals. They don't. You have a President and his advisers and spokespeople who have literally made shit up, had those facts checked, and thoroughly rebutted. And they stick by them, call you a liar, call "alternative facts", "fake news", whatever other conspiracy.
    In which case, you don't punch the president in the face, you do what the media keep doing, calling him on his bullshit. Communicating with the american people.

That's not about free speech. They don't want free speech. They want their version of the truth to be the truth, and that truth is seemingly very fluid indeed.

You cannot reason with that. And that's where Liberals fall flat, trying to reason with something so hideously unreasonable; and has become so terrifyingly adept at exploiting that very fact.

And that's why more Nazis need their faces punching.
    No one say you have to reason with neo fascists and neo nazists, like i said, you call their bullshit, expose them for the fascists they are, and explain the public why it's wrong and how we can do better.

Act of aggression could actually have the inverse effect, elevating them to the rank of martyr, giving a lot more weight to their message that it ought to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    In which case, you don't punch the president in the face, you do what the media keep doing, calling him on his bullshit. Communicating with the american people.

No one say you have to reason with neo fascists and neo nazists, like i said, you call their bullshit, expose them for the fascists they are, and explain the public why it's wrong and how we can do better.

Act of aggression could actually have the inverse effect, elevating them to the rank of martyr, giving a lot more weight to their message that it ought to have.
    I saw, every single day before his election, I still see every single day, his stuff being rebuffed. I saw it throughout the Brexit campaign. But these people aren't reading that. They just say they have this "opinion", take that they have the same platform to give that bullshit, defunct and debunct opinion as anyone giving some evidence based detailed explanation.

And no, you can't no-platform them, because they cry Freedom of Speech, claim oppression from the mass media.

You cannot fight them with words. That's exactly what they want, it's exactly what they exploit, that they are able to garner this equal platform between conspiracy and lies against evidence based policy and science. And because they can twist and turn their lies as they see fit, they're unconstrained by reason, logic, and evidence. You can't outmanoeuvre it.

How do you fight what you cannot silence and cannot ignore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I think in the end the main reason why so many white libertarians, liberals and conservatives are so eager to defend Nazis and think hugging them is the right thing to do, is because they have never experienced racial violence. They don't understand how speech can contribute to oppression and hate. They are not in danger. They think you can contain the Nazis. They will become less radical and see the error of their ways.

We Germans thought that. Von Hindenburg thought he could control the Nazis. He couldn't. January 1933 Hitler became chancellor. July 1933 all parties except the Nazi party were outlawed.

Nazis are dangerous. Their goal is to destroy democracy and to eradicate anybody not fitting their ideals. They will do anything to achieve those goals. They are like cancer and must be destroyed before you wake up one day and it is too late. Their very existence threatens lives.

As Jim Jeffries said, they didn't start to gas people on day one.
    Ok, just for the sake of this argument lets say that it's fine to punch, kill, maim, etc. any Nazi.

Now please tell me how the retards who go around punching people identify Nazis. Last i checked there aren't a lot of people doing the good ol' Nazi salute in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Germany.

This is not about changing their minds. If you think Jews aren't people I am not debating you to convince you that they indeed are.

Defending democracy and people's lives from those that seek to destroy both is not totalitarian.
    It is both totalitarian and anti-democratic when you do it by jailing people who take no action other than verbally espousing views you don't like. But I can certainly see how American history and German history can lead people down different paths in what's acceptable in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not OK to punch anyone who is not an immediate threat to someone else. That being said, I don't feel sorry for white nationalists who get punched in the face. .
    Some would argue that all Nazis are immediate threats. Simply by being one they are advocating and praising mass murder, and you best believe if they thought they could get away with it they would kill you in a heartbeat.

I don't understand why we treat them any different than we would treat members and supporters of ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Ok, just for the sake of this argument lets say that it's fine to punch, kill, maim, etc. any Nazi.

Now please tell me how the retards who go around punching people identify Nazis. Last i checked there aren't a lot of people doing the good ol' Nazi salute in public.
    If you don't like someone, they are a Nazi. Same way you find sexists and racists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    It is both totalitarian and anti-democratic when you do it by jailing people who take no action other than verbally espousing views you don't like. But I can certainly see how American history and German history can lead people down different paths in what's acceptable in this regard.
    Most of Europe is acutely aware of how dangerous Fascism is. It pretty much destroyed a continent, and wiped out a generation. This is why European countries have checks on Freedom of Speech, where it stops when calling for the oppression of others' Freedom of Expression begins.

Deleted
    Most of Europe is acutely aware of how dangerous Fascism is. It pretty much destroyed a continent, and wiped out a generation. This is why European countries have checks on Freedom of Speech, where it stops when calling for the oppression of others' Freedom of Expression begins.
    Wow, it's as if punching people who are supposedly Nazis counts for the bolded part. How curious.