Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    So what if seven people got together, one parks his car wrongly, other 6 report it, give the guy the 60 and split the 10? Small fry of course but you can always scale the operation up.
    Couple flaws: He can't get more than one ticket. That costs 60. If he got 6 tickets, to get 6 people paid 10, it would cost him 360 and his license. Also, split what 10? Even if the 6 people got 10 each, the ticket was 60. Not sure I see the profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I think it will get out of hand and become unmanageable, quickly. However, in full disclosure, I would do it. Douchebags parking illegally fuck it up for everyone else - they deserve their ticket.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Don't like that one bit. Mostly cause as much as I think some people are giant jackwagons it would take something big for me to ever snitch on someone. Some ass walking around taking pictures of peoples cars for a quick buck just doesn't jive well with me.

Personally, I hate people that can't park worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    What's wrong with that? Fuck people parking illegally on my private property.

It's no different than reporting any other crime. Reporting crime doesn't make your country a police state / surveillance state.
    Totally agree. I would totally report any crime I saw on the street like someone being raped on an alley or someone being victim of hit and run etc. And I hope everyone else would too. Reporting crime does not make your country a police state! Just a better country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think it will get out of hand and become unmanageable, quickly. However, in full disclosure, I would do it. Douchebags parking illegally fuck it up for everyone else - they deserve their ticket.

This only applies to their parking garages, not everyone parked anywhere.

Deleted
    I actually like this idea, and will be floating it towards my employers, who are a charity.
    We have a small one bay car park at the rear of the store which is used for people making donations, deliveries and for staff use for those that drive.
    there have been times where people have parked there for 10 minuets, which I dont mind. an hour or so which is annoying but ok, public carpark might be full. And then there are the total piss takers. These are the ones I have issues with, They park there all day, even though the public carpark is completely empty.

Case in point, Not long ago I had woman park in the parking bay at just after 8am (even though the public pay carpark was empty), I know it was that early because I was expecting garbage men to remove a waste bin and this had been aranged with the company for them to turn up after 9am, and I had gotten into the store for 8am to remove the chain that holds the bin in place, and the one to stop people parking in the private carpaking bay.

Sure enough, they turned up at a little past 9am and where unable to remove the Garbage due to a car parked in the bay that cleary states that it is private parking. We could not move the car, or get the bin out and we were still charged for the garbage mens time.

at around 4.30 in the afternoon, she came storming into the store demanding that I took the chain down (I put the chain that covers the carparking bay which is used to stop people parking there) and I point blank refused to do so untill she explained herself. She told me that she parked there after 10.30am as there was no parking spaces at which point I told her she couldnt have as bin men turned up at 9am, and I had seen the car just after 8am and the public carpark was empty. She out right called me a liar to my face untill I pulled out my phone which had her car time stamped and empty carpark in both photos and video footage when the garbage men turned up.

Eventually she admitted to me that she was a lecturer at the local university and all the avalible parking permits had been issued for the term (proberbly another lie) and did not want to pay the £3.00 it would have cost to use the long stay (up to 9 hours) car park. I eventually dropped the chain that had he car blocked off, making it crystal clear that if she did park there again, I would not be taking the chain down, and I would leave her car effectivly locked up over night. She stated that she would get her husband to cut the chain, and I simpley pointed out to her that it was on private property and I would have no problems going to the police and pressing charges for trespassing and destruction of private property (The chain).

She hasnt parked in ours, or any other of the private bays since.

Had I had access to this app at the time, I would have very happily take photos and slapped her with a parking fine. I don't mind if people need to park in the parking place for a short period, its when people take the piss, cause us inconveinence, and lie to my face that I take exception of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The app is for the private property owner(s). He/she/they would be taking the pictures and submitting it. It's not an app for people to be walking around and taking pictures of anyone they see that is illegally parked. If you own private property and you see someone illegally parked on it, you can use the app.

Just wondering. where are you getting your info? Link in the op doesn't stat any of this really.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ticket, a brand new app created by parking firm UK Car Park Management, will allow users to take a picture of an illegally-parked car on their private land"

"Of course, the creators of i-Ticket have been quick to quash any fleeting ethical concerns we may have about it. “The problem is not with the app but with drivers that do not respect people’s land,” CPM boss James Randall recently told The Mirror."

Right, to me that reads UK Car Park Management's private property.

What I'm reading is, you hire them to come in and take over your parking area. People that park in these places can then use this app to report bad parking.

The app is for the private property owner(s). He/she/they would be taking the pictures and submitting it. It's not an app for people to be walking around and taking pictures of anyone they see that is illegally parked. If you own private property and you see someone illegally parked on it, you can use the app.
    Ah, so that is how it works. How does that apply to properties that multiple households live on, does only the first one get money?

Quoting for visibility - the original article was quite misleading in this regard, and lots of people have misunderstood this. Also, it's specifically for customers of CPM, a car park management company, and hence UK only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Quoting for visibility - the original article was quite misleading in this regard, and lots of people have misunderstood this. Also, it's specifically for customers of CPM, a car park management company, and hence UK only.

I'm pretty sure it's more you have to have this company controlling your parking area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Ah, so that is how it works. How does that apply to properties that multiple households live on, does only the first one get money?
    It doesn't. It applies when a company that owns land pays CPM to manage their car park for them, which is typically only the case for commercial premises, and it would be an employee of the land-owning company that uses this app. Nothing to do with private residences - or at least, I've never seen CPM manage residential car parks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's not what it's saying.

Without some kind of contract UK Car Park Management has no authority to issue tickets for your property.

Here's the service: http://www.uk-carparkmanagement.co.u...self-ticketing

As the land-owner, you build a car park, then you engage CPM's services; they provide you with customised signage explaining the parking restrictions, and then you (or staff members you hire) patrol the car park with their app and report cars parked contravening your rules. They issue the ticket and pay you commission.

They can alternatively supply wardens, but they keep all the fines in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's more you have to have this company controlling your parking area.
    Sort of - you need to engage them to provide the signage, but then either they can patrol, or you can use this app. See http://www.uk-carparkmanagement.co.u...ng-enforcement

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but the app is not for just anyone to use. If you aren't the property owner or employee of the business, you couldn't use the app.
    Ah, I see where I was getting it wrong.

Love it, Nothing wrong with it at all. Will teach people that cars are a privilege not a right. Use it wrong pay a price.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The parking lot of a business is private property but that doesn't mean someone parking there is trespassing unless you tell them to leave and they refuse.
    If you put up clear signage explaining the requirements to park a car on your land and the penalties for not complying with those requirements, anyone parking a car there is assumed to have accepted your terms.

Time to steal my neighbours keys and park his car illegally!

15+ Year Old Account
    I support this app considering it's not actually issuing any tickets. Its simply accepting photos of people illegally parked on private property and forwarding it to the authorities to make the decision. If the vehicle is clearly parked where it should not be, then the authorities can decide to issue a fine. Personally, I would have only had 2 incidents of people doing this to me since I bought my house 3 years ago, so its not an app that I'd really use. I'm sure there are others who run into this on a weekly or daily basis depending on where their homes are who would really appreciate this app.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Time to steal my neighbours keys and park his car illegally!
    If you steal a car just to make a £10 commission, your criminal mind is a little underdeveloped ;-)