Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    correct. so why even put it out there?
    It's the political equivalent of shitposting, not unlike what goes on in GenOT regarding Trump.

heh i cant wait till they catch the guys or gals doing the leaks and prosocute them to the extent of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Yikes. Big words, it's just sad that it's not real, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask the author, not I. Memos goes around because when one is deposited, it has to be taken in consideration -- even if it's a stupid waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    It's the political equivalent of shitposting, not unlike what goes on in GenOT regarding Trump.
    yea... there is no "political equivalent of shitposting". either someone wants something considered or they don't.

why aren't you guys worried that this administration has shown, repeatedly, that they have no idea of the bounds of their own power?
    political opinions aside, they can't even get what they want done because they go off half cocked on every idea that occurs to trump, without doing any double checking legally. it is counterproductive. this is just yet another example of that.

yea... there is no "political equivalent of shitposting". either someone wants something considered or they don't.

why aren't you guys worried that this administration has shown, repeatedly, that they have no idea of the bounds of their own power?
    political opinions aside, they can't even get what they want done because they go off half cocked on every idea that occurs to trump, without doing any double checking legally. it is counterproductive. this is just yet another example of that.
    Because those boundaries exist regardless of whether the current administration knows what they are or not. And counterproductive nothing, this is precisely what you want if you're worried about Federal overreach (when did liberals care about this? what is this timeline?) That said, do consider that you're arguing that you'd essentially be okay with deportations and the wall and the tariffs if Trump found some way to do it legally the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Posse comitatus will pretty much nullify this one about six seconds after it's signed.

But yeah, literally militarizing the police to nullify the populace is right out of the Fascist play book.
    If I'm not mistaken, that act would not apply to the National Guard deployed in this manner because they would be acting under the authority of their corresponding state representative and not explicitly commanded by the Federal Government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subjective opinion. You don't like the government. I don't like nor dislike it. I don't want to bash just to bash on things that will never happen because of silly individuals and groups of people who want to destroy the reputation - or what remains of it - just because it brings in bucks.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Where did the 100,000 number come From? It's not in the memo.

7+ Year Old Account
    "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" its in the name of the topic. Deport illegals. my great grandpa was an illegal immigrant fool should have come legally

Because those boundaries exist regardless of whether the current administration knows what they are or not. And counterproductive nothing, this is precisely what you want if you're worried about Federal overreach (when did liberals care about this? what is this timeline?) That said, do consider that you're arguing that you'd essentially be okay with deportations and the wall and the tariffs if Trump found some way to do it legally the first time.
    dont agree with trump, must be a liberal. i've also been called a feminazi and a communist. a liberal feminazi communist who is, yes, concerned about federal overreach. and i didn't say i was ok with it, simply that even if you do support him it should be worrisome.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Subjective opinion. You don't like the government. I don't like nor dislike it. I don't want to bash just to bash on things that will never happen because of silly individuals and groups of people who want to destroy the reputation - or what remains of it - just because it brings in bucks.
    it's not a subjective opinion, factually many of his EO's have been blocked for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    The millennials here always fall for the fake news
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

dont agree with trump, must be a liberal. i've also been called a feminazi and a communist. a liberal feminazi communist who is, yes, concerned about federal overreach. and i didn't say i was ok with it, simply that even if you do support him it should be worrisome.
    Fair enough, but my point stands: If you care about Federal overreach, then the Trump administration reacting to public outcry is precisely what you want. Even though this particular issue is incredibly stupid to screech about, keep on screechin' on.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Posse comitatus will pretty much nullify this one about six seconds after it's signed.

But yeah, literally militarizing the police to nullify the populace is right out of the Fascist play book.
    It would be nice to have an actual debate but when you say retarded shit like "nullify the populace" when there's no evidence anywhere to suggest that happening. You're grasping at straws. Kicking illegal immigrants out of our country is nothing close to what you said.

Fair enough, but my point stands: If you care about Federal overreach, then the Trump administration reacting to public outcry is precisely what you want. Even though this particular issue is incredibly stupid to screech about, keep on screechin' on.
    ah but we woudn't have heard about it until he signed off on it if it wasn't for the um... "fake leaks" (or are they fake? can't remember what he's saying today).

and that's just like, your opinion, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    People on here defending Illegal Immigrants. Holy fucking shit.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

ah but we woudn't have heard about it until he signed off on it if it wasn't for the um... "fake leaks" (or are they fake? can't remember what he's saying today).

and that's just like, your opinion, man.
    My guess is that this is bait to draw out another leak source, but who knows with Trump? At any rate, no, if Trump signed this particular EO it would go on the heap of EOs that will be bound up in court for ages and ages, unless he persuaded the specified states to mobilize the National Guard under state authority instead. It strikes me that the likelihood of, say, Jerry Brown mobilizing the Guard to deport Mexicans is fairly low, at any rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Illegal Immigrants have no right to be in your country. If police force is too small to deal with the mexicans you need the military.

No one whines about deploying the military in case of natural disasters but enforcing law is somehow bad if done by military? Meh.

Are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

My guess is that this is bait to draw out another leak source, but who knows with Trump? At any rate, no, if Trump signed this particular EO it would go on the heap of EOs that will be bound up in court for ages and ages, unless he persuaded the specified states to mobilize the National Guard under state authority instead. It strikes me that the likelihood of, say, Jerry Brown mobilizing the Guard to deport Mexicans is fairly low, at any rate.
    well, the other EO's didnt get bound up in court till the damage was already done. which would in turn put the national guard in a rather sticky situation of potentially obeying an "unlawful order."

7+ Year Old Account
    The US military oath.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

This includes foreign invaders on US soil.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not a subjective opinion, factually many of his EO's have been blocked for that reason.
    And Obama's got the White House shut down. Don't make assessments like this one without understanding that this is a bi-partisan issue.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Drew79 View Post
    The US military oath.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

This includes foreign invaders on US soil.
    yes, foreign invader being someone acting under another country's orders to.. invade. immigration (legal or illegal) does not fall under that.