Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Cata for me. I loved the world changes and the heroic dungeon difficulty. It also had some cool raids prior to Dragon Soul. Next would be TBC and then MoP.

In my eyes:

Legion >>>> MoP >>>> WoTLK >>>> TBC >>>> Cata >>>> WoD!

Classic is NOT an expansion. TBC is WOW's first expac.

MoP (mainly the gameplay and story telling) and Wrath (mainly the lore).

Vanilla was the best way to experience WoW for the first time.

If I am raiding in a guild usually I am enjoying the game regardless of the expansion, when I am not raiding I quit the game and I look for classic realms.

Won't say anything about Legion, cuz it's still current.

As for past expansion, IMHO, MoP > TBC > Cata >= WotLK > WoD. I enjoyed MoP a lot, ToT was glorious, IoT questing was cool. I liked TBC theme in general, IoQ and SWP <3. I almost equally liked and disliked Cata and WotLK. WoD raiding was good, but anything else was meh...

However, I'd play none, I played everything when they're current. WoW is extremely linear, hence its replay value is awful. I never replay old games unless they have branching and/or quite different storylines.

-- edit #1

As for Vanilla... Well, WoW wasn't my first MMORPG, so I didn't get the "wow" effect from WoW. I actually quit Vanilla and came back when TBC launched. So one may say that I kinda disliked it when it's current...
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-18 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    MoP. Now and hopefully not forever.

I think Legion would have been sligthly better if they included a (NEW) Quality of Weapons (gear maybe) we have
    Poor > Common > Uncommon > Rare > Epic > Legendary > Artifact
    to a more unique level, more difficult to obtain as guild together or RNG to a specific. Quality marked red or something, with more to it. BUT! this can hardly be a thing, concider the idea with blizzard making Artifact weapons wide open for every class & specs. :x
    This "new idea" would have brought it back to Vanilla > Cataclysm, as it was for the legendary and class requirements.

As others have said, MOP was the best for me. Looking at the preview before it came out I thought the worst. But hands down, it changed the game for me. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    As others have said, MOP was the best for me. Looking at the preview before it came out I thought the worst. But hands down, it changed the game for me. Loved it.
    Same story for me aswell with MoP :3

15+ Year Old Account
    I think part of the problem with the question is we've already experienced them. If I could experience an expansion again for the first time, I'd probably pick Wrath. I can't see myself going to a legacy server to play old content again, but if I could experience one for the first time again, it would be Wrath.

MoP because it was the first time in my life that I hardcore raided
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Wrath and its only because its was the only xpac where i really cared about killing the end boss. No other experience comes close for me.

The Burning Crusade - Wrath of the Lich King - Mist of Pandaria was the majority where it was strong, Catacalysm was more like MMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHMHMMM IDK!
    WoD was trash, SORRY!!! Legion is better again atleast and have more variation of activity.

Think they changed some developers after WotLk, not sure! just a rumor i've heard.

None, when they eventually close wow servers i will stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Straga View Post
    Remember you needed a certain GS to raid ^^ the new "Application" then followed with linking achievements :x
    GS = ilvl, so nothing has changed really.

On topic, I'd play Wrath again certainly.

Why do we have this thread 1-2 times a week?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Wrath and MoP were definitely liked the best. Cataclysm and BC I liked a little more than WoD, and I'd probably rank Vanilla up with them too.

Unfortunally as vanilla experienced, none can really re-live the feeling about it. Unless you are totaly new to the game genere. Where you have no clue whats comming around your corner, and don't have all this help to move on. To actually be stuck in a sone for hours and hours reading quest to find out where to go and just listening to the music and sounds, and figure how to play your current class. Unlike the newer expansion with a huge community with addons, and blizzard themselvs adding helping features.
    Really like when you diden't have the addon's called "Atlas Loot - Joana's vanilla guide addon", and everything is exciting for what you get, once you understand basics.

If you have played it before and know-ish what you get from quests and beyond, you mostly get Déjà vu here and then. And some touchy scenarious, but still worth in my opinion. This would go for the other expansions.

But this is something i can't tell concrete honestly, they would prolly experience the same as we did back then. Just differently obviously..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    None, when they eventually close wow servers i will stop playing.
    Honestly, i think it would been like this. From first patch to it's end patch. This would need a maintenance over time for Gold dump's etc.
    Although it would most likely go from Vanilla and build up to future expansion, and just be in a different time frame. And be behind the currently WoW we play today.
    Then people who enjoyed certain expansion joins as it comes to it. But that would be unfair if it had to start like that. They would be forced to already open a session like Vanilla - TBC - Wotlk (3 & 3). Later Cata - Mop - Wod and so on. To bring a good majority to contribute on it.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far, having played each expansion when it was new, Legion is my favorite, followed by WotLK then MoP, then TBC. Cata and WoD should have never been released as they were horrendous.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

1. Mists of Pandaria
    2. Legion
    3. Wrath of the Lich King
    4. The Burning Crusade
    5. Vanilla
    6. Cataclysm
    7. Warlords of Draenor
    That would be my list.

Started around mid-Vanilla. I was most active from TBC-WotLK, raiding wise; Mostly a seasonal player from Cataclysm forward.
    My bigger breaks happened during Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor, by far.