Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    I am going to go with the devs and believe that Med'an doesn't actually exist in World of Warcraft. He may in a comic, but it's kind of like a Star Wars comic. WoW is like the movies which is the true canon, anything else is subject to not being being a part of that primary story.
    That's not true. Blizzard already stated that everything came out from them, regardless whether it's game, comics, novels or anything else, are canon unless stated otherwise. In fact, they even said that sometime, in-game stuffs aren't as canon as out-of-game due to gameplay and story segeration.

Anyway, in regards to Me'dan - Afrasiabi himself clarified his statement later (see his tweet here, it's understandably more obscure than the interview):
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: is the WoW comicbooks series non-canon, or you were talking only about Med'an as a Guardian being non-canon?
    A: Med'an as Guardian
    So, yeah, the comic series are still canon. Me'dan being Guardian isn't, but he stopped being Guardian at the end of the comic, so I'm not too sure if that even means anything now.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I would put Jaina before Khadgar. She's listed as the most powerful sorceress on Azeroth, and wields the staff of antionidas empowered with Lei Shen's lightning.
    Maybe she was the strongest sorceress until player mage character got OP staff... but also Khadgar is a sorcerer. They specifically listed her as the most powerful living female mortal human mage. That's a lot of restrictions especially considering we have multiple races of mages. Azshara could be so much stronger than her that it's ridiculous but it doesn't matter cuz she isn't a human mage.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-02-16 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Med'an learned about his parents from Khadgar. Khadgar declined to join the New Council of Tirisfal in the comics.

They're not analogous. The comics and everything published by Blizzard are canon (except the RPG) this applies for all the main Blizzard franchises.
    They're very analogous. Blizzard may not have done it to the extreme Star Wars did, saying everything but the movies and clone wars stuff didn't happen once Disney bought them. But Blizz has said Med'an as Guardian is not canon. They can pick and choose and retcon their story as they see fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're very analogous. Blizzard may not have done it to the extreme Star Wars did, saying everything but the movies and clone wars stuff didn't happen once Disney bought them. But Blizz has said Med'an as Guardian is not canon. They can pick and choose and retcon their story as they see fit.
    The SWEU was always lesser canon. Blizzard materials (except the RPG) are equal canon, sometimes the games are even lesser. Just one example: the comics depict the canonical defeat of Onyxia, superseding the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The SWEU was always lesser canon. Blizzard materials (except the RPG) are equal canon, sometimes the games are even lesser. Just one example: the comics depict the canonical defeat of Onyxia, superseding the game.
    So they retconned the defeat of Onyxia through the comics? Funny how they change things.

And you do realize you are arguing what amounts to Jar Jar Binks right?

10+ Year Old Account
    And you do realize you are arguing what amounts to Jar Jar Binks right?
    The quality of a character has nothing to do with its canonicity.

How come people always overlook the fact that Azshara was as powerful as she was, because she had the well of eternity? During the war of the ancients the night elves without the well were getting decimated by the legion, when malfurion opened the well to them, the night elf resistance gained the upper hand easily. Thats how much of a difference the well made for them.

I feel like Azshara is being vastly overestimated. Archimonde was more powerful than her when she had the well, and Archimonde has been defeated 3 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    How come people always overlook the fact that Azshara was as powerful as she was, because she had the well of eternity? During the war of the ancients the night elves without the well were getting decimated by the legion, when malfurion opened the well to them, the night elf resistance gained the upper hand easily. Thats how much of a difference the well made for them.

I feel like Azshara is being vastly overestimated. Archimonde was more powerful than her when she had the well, and Archimonde has been defeated 3 times already.
    archimonde wasn't defeated three times. the caverns of time instance was just a re-living of a past moment before they settled on the idea of demons transcending realities. i would think it's always been non-canon really. just a way to add another raid and get some warcraft nostalgia subs.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    archimonde wasn't defeated three times. the caverns of time instance was just a re-living of a past moment before they settled on the idea of demons transcending realities. i would think it's always been non-canon really. just a way to add another raid and get some warcraft nostalgia subs.
    War of the Ancients, Warcraft 3, WoD.

War of the Ancients, Warcraft 3, WoD.
    oh, so he was there for the war of the ancients.

ok, sorry. i'm pretty rusty on the older shit.

azshara and aegwynn were stronger.

i think azshara >= aegwynn > alodi >= medivh > moonguard illidan > khadgar >= player archmage > jaina
    Moonguard Illidan was not even stronger than Rhonin. He was certainly not stronger than Khadgar or even Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Moonguard Illidan was not even stronger than Rhonin. He was certainly not stronger than Khadgar or even Jaina.
    there is no way you can tell me rhonin was weaker than jaina. that's just not possible.

illidan would fuck jaina like it ain't shit. that display in the x'era flashback is enough for me.

there is no way you can tell me rhonin was weaker than jaina. that's just not possible.

illidan would fuck jaina like it ain't shit. that display in the x'era flashback is enough for me.
    That display that required the essence of all his acolytes combined.

azshara and aegwynn were stronger.

i think azshara >= aegwynn > alodi >= medivh > moonguard illidan > khadgar >= player archmage > jaina
    Kinda forgot the most powerful mage. Med'an.

What Illidan did in that scenario was nothing special relative to what everyone did in WotA. All spellcasters were decimating demons left and right and Illidan demanded more power from mages under his command more than others.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like the well was exclusive to her. She was already stronger than Mannoroth back then. She likely has grown stronger since then because Blizzard is setting her up as a big villian in the future.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Jaina is pretty powerful, but no where close to other major lore Magic Wielders. most of her power seems to come from Items, whereas other Mages seem strong even without a Weapon in hand.

I'd say Khadgar or Kalec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its safe to say that especially given his anime haircut he has in game.

depends are we purely counting mortals?

dragons are mortals now, and i don't think any mortal mage will trumph a blue dragon aspect in a pure magic fight even depowered...... just look at how some blue dragon brought Medivh to his knees only to be bailed out by sargeras' essence...... if some blue can do that to the strongest mortal mage in exiistence then an aspect will humilihate him tenfolds

mortals
    blue aspect(depowered) > some other strong blue dragons/wyrms > guardian >= azshara > khadgar > Jaina > Xaryu(#1 mage US)> me> you guys.

if we're including godlike beings then Norgannon wrecks everyone combined.
    Last edited by xso111; 2017-02-16 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    You forgot Med'an. Blizz still insists he's canon, making him the strongest Mage, Shaman, Paladin and Cringeweaver.
    He isn't anywhere in game tho, is there more recent news about him?
    Could be they wanted him to be canon before chronicles but he doesn't fit anywhere in the current lore.

Quote Originally Posted by xso111 View Post
    dragons are mortals now, and i don't think any mortal mage will trumph a blue dragon aspect in a pure magic fight even depowered...... just look at how some blue dragon brought Medivh to his knees only to be bailed out by sargeras' essence...... if some blue can do that to the strongest mortal mage in exiistence then an aspect will humilihate him tenfolds

mortals
    blue aspect(depowered) > some other strong blue dragons/wyrms > guardian >= azshara > khadgar > Jaina > Xaryu(#1 mage US)> me> you guys.
    The Chronicle Volume II clearly describes Medivh wiping floor with Arcanogos. The blue dragon was no match for the Guardian.

Guardian wields multiplicated power of dozen strongest mortal mages. No being on Azeroth can match this power. There is a reason we don't have the Guardian in WoW - he would be too absurdly overpowered to participate in events.

Lorewise, the Guardian could solo all Nighthold bosses, maybe except Gul'dan, cause he had support from Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.