Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yep. It always nice to have a confirmation.

It's also interesting that Deathwing wasn't full plated during his trip to Draenor. That means his metal-chin was forged after Grim Batol.
    Deathwing kinda went through a bunch of phases of his body's deterorating and needing more and more plates and armor to keep himself together from ether his own battles, the Dragon Soul or his own immense Old God boosted power being too much for his body to handle. you literally see him being refitted some more in the Cata opening.

I presume at some point his lower jaw literally fell off leading to the giant prosthetic jaw he had in Cata.

Given what we saw in Dragon Soul at the end when his body finally gave in and came apart, he had a pretty good reason to continually refit himself.
    Last edited by Mgann-Morzz; 2017-02-18 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The artwork looks very reminiscent of the renaissance period, my favourite era of arts history too, so this pleases me. The piece of the refugees of stormwind fleeing their nation is so powerful. Top notch respect to the artist.

Also reading a few of these makes me so happy we are reading about the creation of Draenor and I will love to read it when its out.

The thing I want to read about most is the first and second wars, having played all the RTS games I want to see what remains canon and what doesn't, as far as the games go (WC:O&H and WC2) it is such a mess now as it's history has been retconed to death, I look forward to some clarity on that matter.

The first book is basically my bible and cleared so much up for me I am hoping this will do the same.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-02-18 at 05:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I love how the ogres were dealt with in the MU
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It seems to me that Chronicles II is going to be much less surprising than the first tome.

I dont like the preview very much.

I was hoping to see a full map of Draenor, not of the continent that we know. Draenor was supposed to be bigger than Azeroth and they are only showing us Draenors game map plus Farahlon.

I really dislike how they finish the ogres, it could be translated in: ''Boom. Ogres dead." Seems like a lazy way to finish any plot.

Hope that when I get the book in my hands I will be as pleased as with the first book.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    It seems to me that Chronicles II is going to be much less surprising than the first tome.
    More than likely because this second book is only going to expand on lore we already knew for years, where in the first book it focused on lore never disclosured before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Doesn't Draenor have one, yet unknown Old God? The Arakkoa were trying to summon one. Probably even survived the destruction of the planet.
    Up until now, the answer have always been a clear NO. There is no Old God, nor have there ever been one on Draenor.

Hard to tell, if Chronicles change that, or it only elaborate on the Arakkoa's attempt to summon one.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Up until now, the answer have always been a clear NO. There is no Old God, nor have there ever been one on Draenor.

Hard to tell, if Chronicles change that, or it only elaborate on the Arakkoa's attempt to summon one.

Would the Old Gods even be interesting in a world without a World Soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    Given what we saw in Dragon Soul at the end when his body finally gave in and came apart, he had a pretty good reason to continually refit himself.
    yeh "gave in" with a little help from the dragon soul.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I mean they couldnt leave so they might as well form an empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    So most likely this
    http://i.imgur.com/GAIanJK.jpg
    is Grond fighting with Sporemound's creation (Mere roots and vines would not topple Grond. The Sporemounds needed a new weapon. They needed to adapt.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    More than likely because this second book is only going to expand on lore we already knew for years, where in the first book it focused on lore never disclosured before.
    and people think WoW is an infinite story expansion pumping machine.

Chronicle is cementing the fact that 2 or less expacs left considering

N'zoth, Azshara, Void Lords which could be summed up in one expansion.

Still think Sargeras will become their dark titan at the culmination of 7.3. Unwillingly of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    and people think WoW is an infinite story expansion pumping machine.

Chronicle is cementing the fact that 2 or less expacs left considering

N'zoth, Azshara, Void Lords which could be summed up in one expansion.

Still think Sargeras will become their dark titan at the culmination of 7.3. Unwillingly of course.
    Azashara and Nzoth could have separate expansions, and might considering she is allied with the Legion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Azashara and Nzoth could have separate expansions, and might considering she is allied with the Legion again.
    yeah and Sargeras / Xavius / Kil'jaeden could of been featured in another expansion considering Nightmare, Broken Isles, Argus but they arent.

Azshara and N'zoth will be shipped together because BOTH are getting screentime right now and foreshadowing. There is minimal places left unexplored in Azeroth.

And as an expansion you need more then 1 iconic lore antagonist to drive the plots.

Literally all thats left on the entire planet outside the "Void Lords" is N'zoth and Azshara with Prophet Zul as probably a side or non tier intro raid.

Secondly Azshara might be involved someway with Sargeras's downfall.

The reason being she is the champion of the Old God N'zoth essentially. N'zoth is the Void Lords ultimate effort on Azeroth.

N'zoth the god of the deep is being talk about A LOT this expansion.

N'zoths prison is now CONFIRMED to be below the tomb of Sargeras by the priest artifact as of 7.2

I could see Sargeras either getting his power sapped by Azshara or his mind warped and enslaved to the Void Lords and becoming the Dark Titan he tried to prevent at the culmination of 7.3

But I bet all the marbles that assuming N'zoth or Azshara are next which is more then likely. They will absolutely BOTH be in the expansion as headliners.

Lets not even count the huge amont of headline villans Cataclysm had that the Old Gods no longer can use. Hell they COMPLETELY lost any influence with the Elemental Planes or the Lords in them. Faceless alone can't drive a story. need them Naga, Murguls, Sea Giants, and Kraken.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Well considering that the old gods have a galactic empire spreading to multiple worlds, probably.

I should probably read the chronicle sometime, but in general the Titans and the OGs are portrayed in game as two different forms of order constantly opposed to one another. Either entirely willing to destroy not only singular planets but entire solar systems to achieve an order of their design.

But like I said, that's how they are portrayed in game.

In the book or official lore they might be shown as something different.

Frankly I prefer the way they are done in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah and Sargeras / Xavius / Kil'jaeden could of been featured in another expansion considering Nightmare, Broken Isles, Argus but they arent.

Azshara and N'zoth will be shipped together because BOTH are getting screentime right now and foreshadowing. There is minimal places left unexplored in Azeroth.

And as an expansion you need more then 1 iconic lore antagonist to drive the plots.

Literally all thats left on the entire planet outside the "Void Lords" is N'zoth and Azshara with Prophet Zul as probably a side or non tier intro raid.

The reason being she is the champion of the Old God N'zoth essentially. N'zoth is the Void Lords ultimate effort on Azeroth.

N'zoths prison is now CONFIRMED to be below the tomb of Sargeras by the priest artifact as of 7.2

I could see Sargeras either getting his power sapped by Azshara or his mind warped and enslaved to the Void Lords and becoming the Dark Titan he tried to prevent at the culmination of 7.3

But I bet all the marbles that assuming N'zoth or Azshara are next which is more then likely. They will absolutely BOTH be in the expansion as headliners.

Lets not even count the huge amont of headline villans Cataclysm had that the Old Gods no longer can use. Hell they COMPLETELY lost any influence with the Elemental Planes or the Lords in them. Faceless alone can't drive a story. need them Naga, Murguls, Sea Giants, and Kraken.
    I mean you seriously think they are going to just quit making wow expansions if its making $$?

I mean you seriously think they are going to just quit making wow expansions if its making $$?
    Yes because the story is coming to a close unless you are blind as fuck.

and don't even use the old trope "people said that before"

Because when it was said before large scores of iconic villans still existed.

and don't say rez more npcs because #1 Legion Lore is cemented and rekilled already and they already rezzed and used the old iconic pre warcraft 3 baddies in WoD.

Chronicle Vol2/3 is retelling Wc1-present

Right now NO VILLANS are being established. The only ones established is N'zoth and Azshara being pushed and the Void lords which is the only new villan to come from Chronicle which is only the heads of the Old Gods factions which isn't new. It's just an addition to an already existing threat.

Post Legion will shift the entire focus to the last old god and the Void. After the last old god is destroyed along with Azshara the only thing left is a direct confrontation with the Void.

Prove to me that they will keep making expansions when history shows the use ICONIC villans to do those expansions and the fact none are remaining.

Warcraft will come to an end because contrary to what people believe to story and villans are not complete asspull. and both are not infinite.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because the story is coming to a close unless you are blind as fuck.

and don't even use the old trope "people said that before"

Because when it was said before large scores of iconic villans still existed.

and don't say rez more npcs because #1 Legion Lore is cemented and rekilled already and they already rezzed and used the old iconic pre warcraft 3 baddies in WoD.

Chronicle Vol2/3 is retelling Wc1-present

Right now NO VILLANS are being established. The only ones established is N'zoth and Azshara being pushed and the Void lords which is the only new villan to come from Chronicle which is only the heads of the Old Gods factions which isn't new. It's just an addition to an already existing threat.

Post Legion will shift the entire focus to the last old god and the Void. After the last old god is destroyed along with Azshara the only thing left is a direct confrontation with the Void.

Prove to me that they will keep making expansions when history shows the use ICONIC villans to do those expansions and the fact none are remaining.
    I dont need to prove anything. A company is not going to kill a billion dollar a year franchise just because you think they have run out of lore characters. Its possible they will Make Warcraft 4 to add more, Make a WoW 2 etc, or its also possible they will make a bunch Of MoP style expansions which I would be fine with, but they arent going to quit making expansions. Let me rephrase that. They arent going to quit making content. Its totally possible they would chance their content release patterns.

I dont need to prove anything. A company is not going to kill a billion dollar a year franchise just because you think they have run out of lore characters. Its possible they will Make Warcraft 4 to add more, Make a WoW 2 etc, or its also possible they will make a bunch Of MoP style expansions which I would be fine with, but they arent going to quit making expansions. Let me rephrase that. They arent going to quit making content. Its totally possible they would chance their content release patterns.
    Yes the story will end.

Tell me what story they will use after Azshara, N'zoth and the Void once the Legion and Sargeras is destroyed / made into a Void Lord Dark Titan.

Also MoP used a Horde / Allaince War instigated by a Villan built up over 3 Expansions and iconic because he was the son of GROM.

MoP ALSO used one of the four Old gods.

Sorry MoP used very iconic but unnamed Villans.

We aren't building up a Garrosh right now. They are very clearly pushing Azshara and N'zoth hard this expac and they are the final 2 left.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

The question is, if actually Zul still lives? We didin't saw him in pandaria or anywhere else.

It's my understanding that ley lines are basically the veins and arteries of a Titan world soul. Why then would Draenor have them? Unless they are a feature of all planets, and are more active on a world that will eventually become a Titan, I don't see why they would exist at all on a world that isn't a future Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.