Thread: Trial problems

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Trial problems

Hey everyone

So a month back i was actively looking for a guild that is going into mythic NH and found one that suited my needs, they raid twice a week and also have a heroic run once every week. So i applied, got accepted and was given a trial. Now mind this, on their website they did not have any info on how they handle trial periods but i did not give this any though.

So week 1 i get to join their raid, they are currently progressing Mythic Krosus and i get to jump in as DPS. I pull anywhere from 680k to 710k (Havoc DH) and this goes on for 2 hours and 30 minutes, sadly Krosus kills us over and over again. Now nothing was off with any members and i had a laugh and talked with everyone inbetween wipes and it was overall a pretty good night even though we wiped all the time. ¨

As i said, this was a month ago and they have still had raids on the usual times. But i have not been invited, not even to the HC runs even though i signed up all the time. Now i know that as a trial you should not a guild to just hand you things. Even though these guys are on progression at the moment i still was on top 5 when it comes to dps and i did not ignore adds or fail at mechanics at any given time, they were even missing dps one night but still did not give me a chance. So right now i'm about to talk to the officers and ask them what the hell is happening since they've given me a trial but i do not even getting the chance to show them what i am capable of.

TL;DR
    I have been given a trial period but haven't got to raid with them for a month whilst the officers are not saying anything.

So has anyone else experienced this before? In my opinion you should not be recruiting if you cannot allow trial raiders to trial but that's just what i think.

Its obvious the guild doesnt care/disrespects you, gquit and dont look back, nothing else about it.

If it was simply a "lucky month" where their old raiders signed up and they preferred the "core" members over a trial thats "Acceptable" in a sense although i would still disagree, sometimes people need to accept they need to sit out if they are an irrelevant DPS compared to Healers/Tanks.

But since you always said they didnt invite you to HC runs and even when missing a DPS you should have gquit right then.

Also have you ever went "um hello, invite me to?" or did you just wait for an invite?

7+ Year Old Account
    as soon as they go "ok we need a dps, but dont invite that dude" then gquit, they odviously dont want you
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    Hey everyone

So a month back i was actively looking for a guild that is going into mythic NH and found one that suited my needs, they raid twice a week and also have a heroic run once every week. So i applied, got accepted and was given a trial. Now mind this, on their website they did not have any info on how they handle trial periods but i did not give this any though.

So week 1 i get to join their raid, they are currently progressing Mythic Krosus and i get to jump in as DPS. I pull anywhere from 680k to 710k (Havoc DH) and this goes on for 2 hours and 30 minutes, sadly Krosus kills us over and over again. Now nothing was off with any members and i had a laugh and talked with everyone inbetween wipes and it was overall a pretty good night even though we wiped all the time. ¨

As i said, this was a month ago and they have still had raids on the usual times. But i have not been invited, not even to the HC runs even though i signed up all the time. Now i know that as a trial you should not a guild to just hand you things. Even though these guys are on progression at the moment i still was on top 5 when it comes to dps and i did not ignore adds or fail at mechanics at any given time, they were even missing dps one night but still did not give me a chance. So right now i'm about to talk to the officers and ask them what the hell is happening since they've given me a trial but i do not even getting the chance to show them what i am capable of.

TL;DR
    I have been given a trial period but haven't got to raid with them for a month whilst the officers are not saying anything.

So has anyone else experienced this before? In my opinion you should not be recruiting if you cannot allow trial raiders to trial but that's just what i think.
    It seems odd... Like normally when one of my guilds take in trials, we might not take them in on progression fights, but we always get them along on clearing up to progression, since we want to see if they are worth their stuff. Just putting you on the bench from the start seems a bit wierd...... Maybe you were invited because they needed a DPS and then somebody came back and now you are not needed.

I would recommend you talking to an officer in the off-hours and get your trial information straight. Maybe he can clarify things, like maybe you are actually only a benched dps, that comes on when somebody from the real team can't come. Maybe they are just to scared to change their current rooster undtil Krosus is dead. Really just have to ask and get things clear..... You wondering is not gonna make anything better.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its obvious the guild doesnt care/disrespects you, gquit and dont look back, nothing else about it.

If it was simply a "lucky month" where their old raiders signed up and they preferred the "core" members over a trial thats "Acceptable" in a sense although i would still disagree, sometimes people need to accept they need to sit out if they are an irrelevant DPS compared to Healers/Tanks.

But since you always said they didnt invite you to HC runs and even when missing a DPS you should have gquit right then.

Also have you ever went "um hello, invite me to?" or did you just wait for an invite?
    Yeah i told em' to invite me on that occasion but didn't get a response, five minutes later they invite a pug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It seems odd... Like normally when one of my guilds take in trials, we might not take them in on progression fights, but we always get them along on clearing up to progression, since we want to see if they are worth their stuff. Just putting you on the bench from the start seems a bit wierd...... Maybe you were invited because they needed a DPS and then somebody came back and now you are not needed.

I would recommend you talking to an officer in the off-hours and get your trial information straight. Maybe he can clarify things, like maybe you are actually only a benched dps, that comes on when somebody from the real team can't come. Maybe they are just to scared to change their current rooster undtil Krosus is dead. Really just have to ask and get things clear..... You wondering is not gonna make anything better.
    Yeah, i've been playing WoW for 11 years and i've been atleast trying to go hardcore for 5. Never ever have i seen this sort of stuff before, drama and misinterpretation is really common but this is something else.

Yeah i told em' to invite me on that occasion but didn't get a response, five minutes later they invite a pug

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i've been playing WoW for 11 years and i've been atleast trying to go hardcore for 5. Never ever have i seen this sort of stuff before, drama and misinterpretation is really common but this is something else.
    Should have gquit right there, no reason to talk to them.

Or actually, do talk to them and apply to other guild also, when you get accepted by one gquit, till then talk to them, leech gear from whatever run, they deserve it.

yeh if they're going to completely ignore you, you're not really left with an option other than to leave, i mean they should kick you really they've obviously decided they don't want you, they're just being cowardly, if we don't want a trial we demote them to member and let them decide what they want to do, just ignoring someone is a good way to get a bad guild reputation, don't waste peoples time.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Well it is good that you have tried drama before, because this might be something like that going on Even mythic guilds can have shitty leadership, that don't dare talk real talks with their raiders, so maybe you can look forward to alot of ignoring

Anyway, all this is just speculating, so i hope that you get things in order soon so you can get back to raiding.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Hey everyone

TL;DR

ask them? i can think of multiple reason to bench someone after a night of trial but it do not matter what i think, or anyone else for that matter, you won't get any answer if you do not ask them.

Ask them if you did something wrong, plain and simple.
    Last edited by jsrfuture; 2017-02-19 at 05:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrfuture View Post
    ask them? i can think of multiple reason to bench someone after a night of trial but it do not matter what i think, or anyone else for that matter, you won't get any answer if you do not ask them.

How hard can it be to just ask them?
    Well in the middle part of my text it clearly says i'm going to speak to them

7+ Year Old Account
    Should definitely follow up with them.

However, given the situation, what realistic explanation(s) can there possibly be for the treatment?

Sounds strange maybe you did something they didnt like and you just not aware, or they could really be one of those guilds who has shitty members. I think just dont worry bout it and find another guild, do you really want to be in a guild like that?

I was in kinda a similar situation I applied for a guild and they took me on the run but my comp was so old and I usually did 10 mans and this was back when there was 10/25 man and I performed crap in 25man cos it was way laggier. I knew I didnt make it but the GL just ignored me and didnt even say anything or reply

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post

However, given the situation, what realistic explanation(s) can there possibly be for the treatment?
    The only thing that i can come up with is the fact that half of the officers (including RL) are a close circle of friends, i forgot to mention this. But this may create a sort of thought that anyone who is new is a immediate threat and it may well be that they are talking shit about me and are concious about the fact that they keep leaving me out even though i'm supposed to be part of atleast the HC runs.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post

that's only one side of the story. It could have something to do with not talking enought or logging outside of raid hour, i don't see how you could not talk/ask about it for a month if he was present and active with the other member/officier of his guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Seems weird to invite you to the guild and not let you raid. Either they're weird and fuckwits or you're not telling us everything. If you aren't lying, then just leave the guild.
    This sums it up pretty well.

If that doesn't answer your question, I don't know what will.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

How do they treat other trials though? if its the same then how do they get enough for a mythic grp

I would never wait 1 month in a guild that decides to plainly ignore me. Assuming you speak the truth of course. But generally in most guilds I've been everyone was invited before the raid and then it was announced "group 5 and 6 sits out" or something along these lines. Also most people who would be benched would either be rotated in so they never stay in a situation they don't raid for a month, or would be benched because of their low performance which would usually conclude in a failed trial.

Also after 2-3 weeks it's a good idea to talk with the officers how they evaluate your performance and if they have any complaints towards you in a way that you don't fit into the guild or doing something wrong and need to fix it.

There are some cesspool guilds that just don't have the guts to tell someone "hey dude we think you don't fit into our guild either socially or performance wise so we'd rather let you go", decent guilds should always inform a trial if he failed and won't be included in the team any more.

It's common practice to bench trials on the current progression boss (to go with a well-tested setup instead of unknown factor of a newcomer) and to give them lower prio on loot than fully promoted raiders, but you never perma bench trials even on farm / hc that has up to 30 slots, unless well... you aren't interested in trying them out, then why wouldn't you just tell them you aren't interested in keeping them around any more?

Inviting a pug is a complete dick move and you should get away from them. I've heard of guilds who recruit "backup" people for some privileged officers who like to take "holidays" and "breaks" from wow here and there and when they come back they strip the spot from the backup delegating that backup to a perma bench status, but inviting a pug over a trialist without telling the trialist that he failed his trial, that's just shit management, no other words to describe it.

On a positive side, if you are really as good as you claim, there's plenty of guilds progressing on mythic Krosus and thereabouts atm, get your logs together and apply somewhere else.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-02-19 at 05:45 AM.

we are missing a large part of the story in my opinion. What was written is too fucking odd especially pug > you on progression

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    we are missing a large part of the story in my opinion. What was written is too fucking odd especially pug > you on progression
    Could be that the OP did something horrible and they decided they don't want him on the team, but they should at least tell him, or if they cba talking, kick him from the guild.

There are people who fail trial because they constantly lag / dc, are regularly late or absent without notice, make drama, disobey the raid leader,etc., but any trial who fails should be told that, or at worst demoted / kicked so the situation is clear in the ranks.