Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    The question is, if actually Zul still lives? We didin't saw him in pandaria or anywhere else.
    Zul i would assume is alive and well since the Zandalarie Empire was still functional after Throne of Thunder and Lei Shen's 2nd death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    It's my understanding that ley lines are basically the veins and arteries of a Titan world soul. Why then would Draenor have them? Unless they are a feature of all planets, and are more active on a world that will eventually become a Titan, I don't see why they would exist at all on a world that isn't a future Titan.
    good question wait for Vol.II i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I mean they couldnt leave so they might as well form an empire.
    From the Chronicle, they flung old gods in every direction they could, hoping one would impact with a slumbering Titan. the odds that FOUR would impact with Azeroth out of all planets in a universe, means there had to have been a substantial number flung around. I'm talking trillions of them. Obviously a great deal smashed into normal planets. Of course they'd not just kill themselves off, so of course they'd spread the influence of the Void on that planet. Even if it wasn't going to be a Titan, it still spreads their influence.

By the way FI, you're probably the most knowledgable lore-nerd on this forum. I love seeing that kooky avatar when I read here. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont need to prove anything. A company is not going to kill a billion dollar a year franchise just because you think they have run out of lore characters. Its possible they will Make Warcraft 4 to add more, Make a WoW 2 etc, or its also possible they will make a bunch Of MoP style expansions which I would be fine with, but they arent going to quit making expansions. Let me rephrase that. They arent going to quit making content. Its totally possible they would chance their content release patterns.
    also if they were going to milk WoW for expansions Legion woudln't of happened.

They wouldn't of tied up THOUSANDS of lore hooks like Where is Watcher Tyr?

Resucing Odyn

Destroying the Burning Legion

Going to ARGUS in the final patch

Emerald Nightmare concluded in a raid

If they were going to milk WoW for expansions this stuff wouldn't happen.

WoW is rapidly winding down and wrapping up the story.

2 expansions left post legion if lucky because frankly with Argus as a patch you could just shoehorn the Void confrontation or Dark Titan confrontation right there at the end considering Kil'jaeden is a midtier kill Azshara and N'zoth could definetly be killed before the end too considering both are not beyond the scope of Gul'Dan / Kil'jaeden infamy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    From the Chronicle, they flung old gods in every direction they could, hoping one would impact with a slumbering Titan. the odds that FOUR would impact with Azeroth out of all planets in a universe, means there had to have been a substantial number flung around. I'm talking trillions of them. Obviously a great deal smashed into normal planets. Of course they'd not just kill themselves off, so of course they'd spread the influence of the Void on that planet. Even if it wasn't going to be a Titan, it still spreads their influence.

By the way FI, you're probably the most knowledgable lore-nerd on this forum. I love seeing that kooky avatar when I read here. =)
    5 really priest artifact pretty much was one before the Titans ordered the planet.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Resucing Odyn

Destroying the Burning Legion

Going to ARGUS in the final patch

Emerald Nightmare concluded in a raid

If they were going to milk WoW for expansions this stuff wouldn't happen.

WoW is rapidly winding down and wrapping up the story.

2 expansions left post legion if lucky because frankly with Argus as a patch you could just shoehorn the Void confrontation or Dark Titan confrontation right there.

- - - Updated - - -

5 really priest artifact pretty much was one before the Titans ordered the planet.
    I don't really see why it matters. Blizzard won't close the doors on one of their core franchises. If they conclude the story being told in the World of Warcraft, there will undoubtedly be something else down the line. Even Starcraft has survived the conclusion of its core plot, even if in the form of small content updates.

There's no point in predicting the death of WoW. It's certainly not worth responding to the same post twice over.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't really see why it matters. Blizzard won't close the doors on one of their core franchises. If they conclude the story being told in the World of Warcraft, there will undoubtedly be something else down the line. Even Starcraft has survived the conclusion of its core plot, even if in the form of small content updates.

There's no point in predicting the death of WoW. It's certainly not worth responding to the same post twice over.
    There will be something.

And of COURSE they won't shut servers down. over a million would play WoW even if it went into perpetual infinite limbo. that is a guarantee

Starcraft is a compettiive RTS. There are reasons for it to survive past the campaign conclusion.

Actually at WoWs conclusion and the games Gear ladder stopping forever. PvP would be able to begin to flourish again in WoW.

But the story definetly IS coming to an end to anyone that actually pays attention and knows whats what.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the story will end.

Tell me what story they will use after Azshara, N'zoth and the Void once the Legion and Sargeras is destroyed / made into a Void Lord Dark Titan.

Also MoP used a Horde / Allaince War instigated by a Villan built up over 3 Expansions and iconic because he was the son of GROM.

MoP ALSO used one of the four Old gods.

Sorry MoP used very iconic but unnamed Villans.

We aren't building up a Garrosh right now. They are very clearly pushing Azshara and N'zoth hard this expac and they are the final 2 left.
    I dont care what you think will happen. Blizzard is not going to stop making content for WoW. They will create a new story. For all we know Azeroth as we know it is 1/4th of the planet. I guarantee you, if we made a thread with a poll most people dont think WoW is going to end in 2 expansions, not to mention Blizzard said they were working on the next 3 around the time of Legion launch.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be something.

And of COURSE they won't shut servers down. over a million would play WoW even if it went into perpetual infinite limbo. that is a guarantee

Starcraft is a compettiive RTS. There are reasons for it to survive past the campaign conclusion.

Actually at WoWs conclusion and the games Gear ladder stopping forever. PvP would be able to begin to flourish again in WoW.

But the story definetly IS coming to an end to anyone that actually pays attention and knows whats what.
    Sure, perhaps the MAIN story, but they dont have to have a huge villain for an expansion. Im sure sales would suffer without one, but they definitely will be making something.

I dont care what you think will happen. Blizzard is not going to stop making content for WoW. They will create a new story. For all we know Azeroth as we know it is 1/4th of the planet. I guarantee you, if we made a thread with a poll most people dont think WoW is going to end in 2 expansions, not to mention Blizzard said they were working on the next 3 around the time of Legion launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, perhaps the MAIN story, but they dont have to have a huge villain for an expansion. Im sure sales would suffer without one, but they definitely will be making something.
    You need a huge villan

period the end

It's how WoW has always worked.

Iconic Villan

Iconic Land

Both are running out

Also we know how big Azeroth is because of little Book called Chronicle.

What we see is what we have

Tell me what awful stories you will do after the Legion is destroyed and the last old god is purged from Azeroth.
    The only option after that unless it's a patch is confront the Void.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a huge villan

period the end

It's how WoW has always worked.

Iconic Villan

Iconic Land

Both are running out

Also we know how big Azeroth is because of little Book called Chronicle.

What we see is what we have
    Okay, you keep thinking that. When we get 10.0 in 5 or 6 years get back to me. I'm not trying to be rude either. Its obvious we have a difference of opinion, and im not arguing with you about whether or not we are running out of huge villains, but I do not think they are going to stop making $$$ because of something so dumb as the current story ending. They can write new stories, and they have 2.5 expansions if not 3.5 to come up with something else.

Seeing that even Everquest is still churning out one expansion per year (which is actually 2x faster than WoW), you guys can stop worrying about the story coming to an end. It's not like WoW stories need to be something grand - just look at Everquest, Dr. Google just told me their last expansion's story was pretty much "The plot revolves around Anashti Sul's newly discovered desire for power as her being is fractured into two aspects: life and decay. Players must band together to stop her plot to plague Norrath with war to disrupt the balance of life in order to gain power for herself". That doesn't seem like anything that requires a lot of imagination to think of. The fact that Blizzard just introduced the Void Lords and starting to build up stories about them should mean there would be at least 3, possibly more expansions - that will take ~5-6 years, more than enough time for them to create new villains to elaborate the forces of the Void's structure. Unless the subs run dry - which seem unlikely given the last report from Blizzard - the story will still go on for a while.

And no, you don't need an iconic villain. You do need a big one, but a big one and an iconic one isn't always the same. The Void Lords are being built up as our grand villains for now, but they are hardly iconic. There aren't enough information about the VL themselves to fill a single page. If Blizzard is fine with the Void Lords, they'd be fine with any other grand villain being built up within a year or two (which can give us ~1-2 novels and a bit of side materials) - there'd still be forces of the Light, Order, Necromantic, Demons, etc. to be the next grand villains if needed. Having an iconic villain might make more attractive (not neccessarily more interesting, mind you) story, but let's face it - an attractive story has never been the most prioritized thing for WoW.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-02-19 at 07:17 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Seeing that even Everquest is still churning out one expansion per year (which is actually 2x faster than WoW), you guys can stop worrying about the story coming to an end. It's not like WoW stories need to be something grand - just look at Everquest, Dr. Google just told me their last expansion's story was pretty much "The plot revolves around Anashti Sul's newly discovered desire for power as her being is fractured into two aspects: life and decay. Players must band together to stop her plot to plague Norrath with war to disrupt the balance of life in order to gain power for herself". That doesn't seem like anything that requires a lot of imagination to think of. The fact that Blizzard just introduced the Void Lords and starting to build up stories about them should mean there would be at least 3, possibly more expansions - that will take ~5-6 years, more than enough time for them to create new villains to elaborate the forces of the Void's structure. Unless the subs run dry - which seem unlikely given the last report from Blizzard - the story will still go on for a while.

And no, you don't need an iconic villain. You do need a big one, but a big one and an iconic one isn't always the same. The Void Lords are being built up as our grand villains for now, but they are hardly iconic. There aren't enough information about the VL themselves to fill a single page. If Blizzard is fine with the Void Lords, they'd be fine with any other grand villain being built up within a year or two (which can give us ~1-2 novels and a bit of side materials) - there'd still be forces of the Light, Order, Necromantic, Demons, etc. to be the next grand villains if needed. Having an iconic villain might make more attractive (not neccessarily more interesting, mind you) story, but let's face it - an attractive story has never been the most prioritized thing for WoW.
    Everquest doesn't have a cemented story and end goal like WoW does. Frankly Everquest hasnt even been on the MMO map in well over a decade. What Everquest does is irrelevant.

Void lords are iconic because they are the heads of the former Old God forces.

WoW has 2 major enemy factions

Burning Legion and those allied to them

And The Old God's and their forces

One took HUGE losses in Cata losing Dragonflights, All it's elemental lord influence ect.

and the other... the Legion. Completely gone once 7.3 concludes.

The game is ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, you keep thinking that. When we get 10.0 in 5 or 6 years get back to me. I'm not trying to be rude either. Its obvious we have a difference of opinion, and im not arguing with you about whether or not we are running out of huge villains, but I do not think they are going to stop making $$$ because of something so dumb as the current story ending. They can write new stories, and they have 2.5 expansions if not 3.5 to come up with something else.
    You keep saying it won't yet you can't name ONE compelling villan once N'zoth, Azshara, Void Lords are done.

check and mate.

Thats because there are none.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 07:20 AM.

One took HUGE losses in Cata losing Dragonflights, All it's elemental lord influence ect.

The game is ending.
    So would you consider some characters "iconic" just because they are related to one of the major forces in game? Because, personally, I wouldn't call that iconic. However, if that's the case, it'd be even easier. For example:
    - Have the Twilight Cult corrupt Azeroth and have us fix her.
    - Split the Void Lords into multiple entities. At the moment, we are still treating them as a group. Blizzard could use the next 4-6 years (the lifespan of the expansions in which we wrap up current Legion story, dealing with Azshara / N'Zoth, etc.) to elaborate and establish them as different bosses. I.e: Void Lord A is extremely powerful and brutal but retarded, Void Lord B is weaker, but a schemer behind all the plans of the Void, maybe Y'Shaarj-like OGs were created in the image of Void Lord C, etc. Each of them can take up one expansion (KJ / Archimonde took up one expansion each)
    - The Naaru warn us about New Void Titan(s) coming that had been devouring everything in his wake. Sargeras' nightmare would finally be there.
    - A certain faction of the force of the Light (i.e: put some of the named Naarus or Elune here) realize that we, the mortals of Azeroth, have grown too powerful - being able to defeat villains of the Void and all. We even have free will, and certainly don't strictly stick to Order. They deem that if let be, we might eventually become an uncontrollable force. Thus, they decide to consume other peaceful Naarus, steal their powers to cut us down for the greater good. After we finally finish fighting with the Void (temporarily), it's the Light's turn now.

There, I just thought of the ideas for 4-6 (or more) expansions on the spot. All of those expansions' final villains can be someone iconic in lore at the moment. Seeing that I'm just a normal developer in an IT company, I'd expect Blizzard's writers to be able to do the same if not better.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-02-19 at 07:48 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    So would you consider some characters "iconic" just because they are related to one of the major forces in game? Because, personally, I wouldn't call that iconic. However, if that's the case, it'd be even easier. For example:
    - Have the Twilight Cult corrupt Azeroth and have us fix her.
    - Split the Void Lords into multiple entities. At the moment, we are still treating them as a group. Blizzard could use the next 4-6 years (the lifespan of the expansions in which we wrap up current Legion story, dealing with Azshara / N'Zoth, etc.) to elaborate and establish them as different bosses. I.e: Void Lord A is extremely powerful and brutal but retarded, Void Lord B is weaker, but a schemer behind all the plans of the Void, maybe Y'Shaarj-like OGs were created in the image of Void Lord C, etc. Each of them can take up one expansion (KJ / Archimonde took up one expansion each)
    - The Naaru warn us about New Void Titan(s) coming that had been devouring everything in his wake. Sargeras' nightmare would finally be there.
    - A certain faction of the force of the Light (i.e: put some of the named Naarus or Elune here) realize that we, the mortals of Azeroth, have grown too powerful - being able to defeat villains of the Void and all. We even have free will, and certainly don't strictly stick to Order. They deem that if let be, we might eventually become an uncontrollable force. Thus, they decide to consume other peaceful Naarus, steal their powers to cut us down for the greater good. After we finally finish fighting with the Void (temporarily), it's the Light's turn now.

There, I just thought of the ideas for 4-6 (or more) expansions on the spot. All of those expansions' final villains can be someone iconic in lore at the moment. Seeing that I'm just a normal developer in an IT company, I'd expect Blizzard's writers to be able to do the same if not better.
    Everything you just said could be in the N'zoth (final) expansion.

I mean it's obvious next expac will be return of the Black Empire.

We will see if it leads to 1 or 2 expacs before the story ends.

also if the Void was an arm of the Old Gods and not the heads. The ultimate expression of Darkness. The beings the Legion was formed to prevent. If they were anything other than that. yeah they wouldn't be instant iconic.

You can't just make another Villan like that with instant status though.

You would have to make another Lei Shen...... which is hard considering all landmasses are known as of chronicle and we have just met and freed the final watcher Odyn.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 07:55 AM.

Everquest doesn't have a cemented story and end goal like WoW does. Frankly Everquest hasnt even been on the MMO map in well over a decade. What Everquest does is irrelevant.

The game is ending.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep saying it won't yet you can't name ONE compelling villan once N'zoth, Azshara, Void Lords are done.

check and mate.

Thats because there are none.
    Can you name a void lord then? If they build up void lords as the ultimate evil, you think there will be one raid where we fight all of them? Or don't you think they will make new iconic villains from said void lords?

Azshara and N'Zoth could be one expansion. One big void lord can be the next expansion after that. We kill off Burning Legion now, what happens with The Lich King and the scourge then? Maybe we should finish them off as well. What if Jaina Proudmoore is insane and go to war against both the horde and the alliance? Best one yet and most realistic, the comic about Anduin Wrynn where it ends with him leading the army of light. That story could last for 2-3 expansions. We'll fight the void lords together with the army of the light. And imo that is more interesting then the story they tell in Legion. I'm actually excited about that. That story can be huge.

This is just a hanldfull of ideas, they can make so much lore. Sure the Burning Legion story is probably ending now. In WoW it has lasted for 3 xpacs(the LK is the Burning Legions doing, then we have tbc) and the story could be wrapped up in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Can you name a void lord then? If they build up void lords as the ultimate evil, you think there will be one raid where we fight all of them? Or don't you think they will make new iconic villains from said void lords?

Azshara and N'Zoth could be one expansion. One big void lord can be the next expansion after that. We kill off Burning Legion now, what happens with The Lich King and the scourge then? Maybe we should finish them off as well. What if Jaina Proudmoore is insane and go to war against both the horde and the alliance? Best one yet and most realistic, the comic about Anduin Wrynn where it ends with him leading the army of light. That story could last for 2-3 expansions. We'll fight the void lords together with the army of the light. And imo that is more interesting then the story they tell in Legion. I'm actually excited about that. That story can be huge.

This is just a hanldfull of ideas, they can make so much lore. Sure the Burning Legion story is probably ending now. In WoW it has lasted for 3 xpacs(the LK is the Burning Legions doing, then we have tbc) and the story could be wrapped up in Legion.
    Dimensius The-All-Devouring is a Void Lord

He as just a fragment of his power that slipped through the viel consumed the Ethereals homeworld.

also uh......

Argus and Sargeras and ultimate desturction of the Legion is PATCH

a

PATCH

I'm sure the confrontation with the Void Lords can be a patch if the previous is one.

Simple too Azshara T1 N'zoth T2 Void T3

/end game

There will be no return of the Lich King

We have been to northrend
    We have raided ICC
    The scourge command structure is Bolvar / Player DKs

There is no expansion

Jaina is a bitch. What else is new. What expansion her and her non existant armies?

These things won't happen seriously

Wotlk was not legion related. The Lich king was the furthest possible thing from legion affiliation at that point. Direct enemies actually.
    Sure Kil'jaeden created the lich king. But ner'zhul and Arthas crafted the scourge themselves.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted

There are so many lore characters in Legion because Blizzard wanted to reel in the fans they lost during WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    There are so many lore characters in Legion because Blizzard wanted to reel in the fans they lost during WoD.
    And you think they will stop the momentum? by giving less or a non iconic villan after? HAHAHAHA

Subs are only high BECAUSE of the villans and this expansions theme.

The Korean Grind and PvP alienation would of sunk the game if the theme wasn't Legion / iconic villans / heroes

no one is anywhere near excited for Vol 2 as they were Vol 1. The Vol 1 equivalent topic a year ago after IGN released the first few pages had gotten well into double digit number of pages.

I guess because Vol 2 has alot of established lore most people know, whereas volume 1 had many key explanations and things that had been completely mysterious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zul i would assume is alive and well since the Zandalarie Empire was still functional after Throne of Thunder and Lei Shen's 2nd death.
    That is still questionable, because prophet Khar'Zul mentioned. "We NEED dis land! Da Cataclysm destroyed our home!"

But until oficial statement, we don't know what happend to Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    That is still questionable, because prophet Khar'Zul mentioned. "We NEED dis land! Da Cataclysm destroyed our home!"

But until oficial statement, we don't know what happend to Zandalar.
    Chronicle or future will tell us

We all thought the Tomb of Sargeras wasn't very important and was defunct after the end of TFT.

OHHH HOW WRONG WE WERE

Regardless Zul and Zandalar would make quite a fitting intro tier really. if they use the last landmasses left.

Though we could have a new central continent of the Black Empire risen by N'zoth. At this point it's just the waiting game.

Waiting not playing.... love the story but I will never log into RNG Korean Grindfest Diablo MMO ever again.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 12:03 PM.

Woah.

So ogres, humans, dwarves, gnomes, humans.. they're all related?

At this point what are the 'natural' races that evolved on their own, without titan intervention?

Trolls, Tauren, goblins... ?