Thread: Trial problems

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    we are missing a large part of the story in my opinion. What was written is too fucking odd especially pug > you on progression
    There isn't anything else, this is the whole situation. If there is a problem with me i don't know about it, because i've never insulted anyone in the guild, have not joked about anything that may be counted as offensive and i have communicated and tried to play with the members actively.

The only reason why i'd rather talk with the officers instead of just leaving is because i quite enjoy playing with two other members in the guild. They are pretty much the only ones that i get straight answers from.

You should quit, sounds like a shit guild

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    Yeah i told em' to invite me on that occasion but didn't get a response, five minutes later they invite a pug

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i've been playing WoW for 11 years and i've been atleast trying to go hardcore for 5. Never ever have i seen this sort of stuff before, drama and misinterpretation is really common but this is something else.
    yeah so quit, they dont want you but dont have the guts to tell you, they hope you will quit on your own

end of thread

also could we get your server and name so we can uhh.... >_> <_< totally not call these guys complete balless fuck faces?

nah we wouldent do that (jk by the way, we dont wanna do that, atleast i dont, i wish i could though)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Completely off topic here but i need to say this

Just because something is off or seems to be so doesn't mean i'm the one to blame, i see this kind of reasoning in alot of other posts that asks for help or advice in certain situations. The general stigma on these forums seem very hostile and i highly suggest that everyone that reads this takes into the account that sometimes the situation is the way it's presented. I feel very weird and even a bit guilty because of the current situation i'm in, but as i've gotten no feedback i'm highly unsure of what to do depending on the outcome. I feel very discouraged to keep on looking for a guild due to the fact that issues always arises with the guilds i join, it always seems like every guild i apply and/or trial in has hidden issues that comes up after some time. I really want to keep on raiding mythic as i quite enjoy it, but most of the time i get stopped by something unexpected.

Honestly sometimes the current way guilds work really frighten me because it feels like you only play with your guildies to raid, atleast if you don't know them. And this makes me not even wanting to play the game even though i'd like to enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah so quit, they dont want you but dont have the guts to tell you, they hope you will quit on your own

end of thread

also could we get your server and name so we can uhh.... >_> <_< totally not call these guys complete balless fuck faces?

nah we wouldent do that (jk by the way, we dont wanna do that, atleast i dont, i wish i could though)
    I would've posted logs, but i don't even have any available as i haven't even installed any logging software yet. Never had to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    How do they treat other trials though? if its the same then how do they get enough for a mythic grp
    Sorry for not answering you

But right now there is a 899 fury warrior and me as a 903 Havoc DH, we're both performing well from what i saw on the krosus tries as both of us did enough dps to beat the enrage. He hasn't been invited either for the last month but when i ask him if he is bothered he just says that he is bothered but also think that they have a reason for ignoring us.

Also for everyone pointing out the fact that i've stayed in the guild for so long with no interaction here is a timeline

Week 1: Krosus tries
    Week 2: No response, figured they did not need me for this week since i am only a trial
    Week 3: They invite the pug instead of me or the warrior, i get confused.
    Week 4: Current week. Still no answers but i'll find out what's up with it and decide if i want to stay or not.

you really opened a thread for... that? just gquit and take another one of thousands of guilds. no clue whats your intention to open a thread for that stuff...

Just because something is off or seems to be so doesn't mean i'm the one to blame, i see this kind of reasoning in alot of other posts that asks for help or advice in certain situations. The general stigma on these forums seem very hostile and i highly suggest that everyone that reads this takes into the account that sometimes the situation is the way it's presented. I feel very weird and even a bit guilty because of the current situation i'm in, but as i've gotten no feedback i'm highly unsure of what to do depending on the outcome. I feel very discouraged to keep on looking for a guild due to the fact that issues always arises with the guilds i join, it always seems like every guild i apply and/or trial in has hidden issues that comes up after some time. I really want to keep on raiding mythic as i quite enjoy it, but most of the time i get stopped by something unexpected.

Honestly sometimes the current way guilds work really frighten me because it feels like you only play with your guildies to raid, atleast if you don't know them. And this makes me not even wanting to play the game even though i'd like to enjoy it.

Yeah people or here are all about drama and LFR, dont expect much.

Also, you wont find a mythic guild where there are no problems, they just arise when each guild finds a block..

That not as good as the rest player that they still keep around but after the 100th wipe someone starts complaining and all hell breaks loose and similar stuff, top healer wont play for a month cause exams and all of that.

Its the reason i do not raid seriously since 2011 or so, i cant be bothered with pointless stuff, cant be bothered waiting for other people to learn the fight etc etc.

Not sure why you even need an answer from your guild, 3 weeks out of the raid is more that enough to gquit from any guild, trial or not, rotation exists for a reason.

I would suggest to try and aiming to join guilds that exist at least from MoP/Start of WoD, so at least 2 years old...

Legion created guilds are way too many cause many people returned and its right about where anyone that hasnt already stopped will start quitting cause there wont be a new raid for a good 3-5 months and Nighthold is a bit harder and they wont actually kill shit past a certain point, drama drama, quit game.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-19 at 11:03 AM.

Hey everyone

So a month back i was actively looking for a guild that is going into mythic NH and found one that suited my needs, they raid twice a week and also have a heroic run once every week. So i applied, got accepted and was given a trial. Now mind this, on their website they did not have any info on how they handle trial periods but i did not give this any though.

So week 1 i get to join their raid, they are currently progressing Mythic Krosus and i get to jump in as DPS. I pull anywhere from 680k to 710k (Havoc DH) and this goes on for 2 hours and 30 minutes, sadly Krosus kills us over and over again. Now nothing was off with any members and i had a laugh and talked with everyone inbetween wipes and it was overall a pretty good night even though we wiped all the time. ¨

As i said, this was a month ago and they have still had raids on the usual times. But i have not been invited, not even to the HC runs even though i signed up all the time. Now i know that as a trial you should not a guild to just hand you things. Even though these guys are on progression at the moment i still was on top 5 when it comes to dps and i did not ignore adds or fail at mechanics at any given time, they were even missing dps one night but still did not give me a chance. So right now i'm about to talk to the officers and ask them what the hell is happening since they've given me a trial but i do not even getting the chance to show them what i am capable of.

TL;DR
    I have been given a trial period but haven't got to raid with them for a month whilst the officers are not saying anything.

So has anyone else experienced this before? In my opinion you should not be recruiting if you cannot allow trial raiders to trial but that's just what i think.
    Shit Guild is shit. You should have left month ago

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 2 options here. 1) you're leaving something out. 2) you're not

Both options give the same answer though: They clearly don't want you in the raid, you should go find a guild that wants you. Take the logs you got from that one raid and use them to get into a better/equal guild

- - - Updated - - -

I would've posted logs, but i don't even have any available as i haven't even installed any logging software yet. Never had to.
    Find the guild on Warcraftlogs. If they don't log, RUN very far.

Deleted
    So you are playing with 2 guys from that guild regularly and they also never asked their mates what's up with your trial?

Seems like this is a guild full of random people and only the officer core actually knows something about each other.

Was the pug range? maybe they just have too many melee and dont want anymore. Doesnt excuse their lack of response but yeah all this time you never asked about anything to anyone? They probably thought youre ignoring them

OP is like one of those tards that go to online forums and post "my girlfriend is mad at me, why?' and has random people apply their farseeing globes instead of just fucking asking her.

Week 3: They invite the pug instead of me or the warrior, i get confused.
    This is where I would leave. If they didn't give you reason why you are not invited and why they took pug instead then get the hell out of there. If you are not hiding anything then its most likely this guild is one of those which have core friends and don't care about others or have some kind of fucked up leadership.

In my guild even trials get to progress if we need them for dps requirements or they play class which is needed in other way. Also we switch in players who need loot from certain bosses.

You also said that they didn't invite you to HC run. Another indication you should leave immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    OP is like one of those tards that go to online forums and post "my girlfriend is mad at me, why?' and has random people apply their farseeing globes instead of just fucking asking her.

Read my previous replies please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Was the pug range? maybe they just have too many melee and dont want anymore. Doesnt excuse their lack of response but yeah all this time you never asked about anything to anyone? They probably thought youre ignoring them
    That's the thing, i have asked them on occasions but they never reply. Usually when i see one online i ask them, a few minutes pass and then they log off to never be seen until the next day. And then i ask them again but no response.

Deleted
    Whats the name of this guild you play in?

Completely off topic here but i need to say this

Just because something is off or seems to be so doesn't mean i'm the one to blame, i see this kind of reasoning in alot of other posts that asks for help or advice in certain situations.
    All of us, humans, are shit. Some might only be shit some of the time, but we all have it in us. You are not exempt. Especially not when you come here and write a post that makes no real sense. A guild invites you, they take you on one raid and then never again, and somehow there is no reason and you cannot guess why, even. Yet you still stay, even though you joined to raid and aren't raiding.

Honestly, whining about some random forum being too "hostile" for you is probably a contributing factor to why they benched you. We all have our flaws. Me, you, them, and here we have but one of yours. It's not your guild's job to be your therapist, but it is your job to try to do what you want. If you want to raid and they aren't letting you, leave the guild and find another. This isn't hard. I mean, rotations are one thing, keeping a stable team for progress is another, but no raids for weeks on end is out there. This did not need a thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    All of us, humans, are shit. Some might only be shit some of the time, but we all have it in us. You are not exempt. Especially not when you come here and write a post that makes no real sense. A guild invites you, they take you on one raid and then never again, and somehow there is no reason and you cannot guess why, even. Yet you still stay, even though you joined to raid and aren't raiding.

Honestly, whining about some random forum being too "hostile" for you is probably a contributing factor to why they benched you. We all have our flaws. Me, you, them, and here we have but one of yours. It's not your guild's job to be your therapist, but it is your job to try to do what you want. If you want to raid and they aren't letting you, leave the guild and find another. This isn't hard. I mean, rotations are one thing, keeping a stable team for progress is another, but no raids for weeks on end is out there. This did not need a thread.
    It is not whining when i try to reason with logic, hostility overall is a huge issue on these forums because it hinders people from getting help. The reason why i made this post is because this situation is something i've never encountered before, i asked for advice but some just jumped on to conclusions immediately and accused me of being the problem. Whenever i see this kind of "treatment" to people just looking for advice i(and i'm only speaking for myself here) get discouraged to even interact with the community. Even though people may just see these kind of posts as shitposts the person writing it may perhaps be serious. So what i'm trying to say is don't jump to conclusions just because you're too lazy to help the person out.

Also, being edgy doesn't help anyone so stop it with the "all humans are garbage" attitude.

Sounds like some absolute bullshit that makes me think back to a friend who had a crap trial period in his guild.

They used EPGP or some such loot system, and trials earned much less points compared to raiders and couldn't bid on items raiders wanted even if they were off-spec for a DPS class with a total crap off-spec. Never brought for progress even when his class was good for a fight despite him being better than others of his class/role. Always show up and expect to be benched while being available (being available and online is fair, but expecting bench is not). Didn't get voicechat password (had to get a guest password every time). Trial period lasted a whole raid tier for a lower end but still clearing mythic guild. Their rank escapes me, but I think it was in the range of world 5-600.

Your only real option is to talk to the officers. There are reasons not to invite you (maybe they felt they were too melee heavy or something) but there is NO excuses for not telling you. Without knowing them or their side, they seem very immature and incapable of handling situations they don't expect (too many melee, old member returned to the game etc.).

If they don't give you a straight answer or try to stall you/shift blame to one another "talk to the GM/RL when they come online, I have no idea" then just save yourself the headache and leave. In the end, you don't want to be where you're not wanted which seems to be your current situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Very odd behavior indeed.
    Assuming that your story is correct, I would just leave that guild. They are not treating you with any respect at all. Gquit and never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really nothing else to do but leave the guild. Assuming you are telling us the whole story, any guild that is run by people who at least don't have the courtesy to communicate with you at all about why you aren't getting in or anything else is always going to end poorly for you and for them. No matter if they think you are bad player, if there was some big issue with you, or whatever it is - they should be responsible enough to at least say "thanks for your interest, but this isn't working out".

Read my previous replies please

- - - Updated - - -

I did, and my conclusion is still that you're an incompetent idiot. Not saying this as an insult, it is a trivial statement of fact. Talking to them should have been the very first step, not going to a forum, asking people to play fortune tellers guessing things from people they don't know, promising to talk to them 'later'. Accept that it was a dumb move or stay stupid, your choice.