Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    It's called a "Guild". New feature they released with Legion. It lets groups of the same players raid together with a set schedule.
    Sorry who are YOU that YOU decide how I play and ENJOY the game? right, next....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    LFR is raiding and if LFR is not raiding then high school football is not real football. LFR shouldn't be gated longer than 1 wing a week.
    yeah or to put it so even muricans can get it american football aint football so it shouldnt be called football

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    To the topic of LFR "raiders"... Does LFR have elements of raiding? Yes it does, but very few of them. The very basic ones, which are the boring ones. Raiding was meant to be a group effort and dedicationg to beat a goal. LFR only retains the "group" and even that is questionable.
    I can understand the different opinions. I don't understand the need to belittle those that like it though (not implying you did that, just putting that opinion out there.

I used to be a raider like you, then I took an ...... got bored with it . I got bored with having to farm for mats for the pots and food; I got bored with having to meet at set times and raid rather than do what I want to do; I got bored with the loot drama, or RNG making you go without and gain one more week; Compared to Vanilla days i also got bored with the need to pre-learn all the tactics rather than enjoy the learning process.

LFR doesn't replace raiding for me, but it means I don't miss out on the content and can do it on my own schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    We see the clear cut differences between Normal Raiding and LFR "Raiding".
    Who ever said there wasn't any differences? There are differences/advantages to each tier of raiding albeit for everything above LFR is mainly the gear.

My point was the comment "LFR is not raiding" is the age old elitism at play. Those who don't need/use LFR looking down on those that do in this case. Don't see any point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post

Who ever said there wasn't any differences? There are differences/advantages to each tier of raiding albeit for everything above LFR is mainly the gear.

My point was the comment "LFR is not raiding" is the age old elitism at play. Those who don't need/use LFR looking down on those that do in this case. Don't see any point to it.

I don't look down on people who do it. I look down on what the feature did to the game. Having a path offering so little resistance that playing the game isn't even required to accomplish something wasn't the way to go for accessibility in an MMO. That's straight phone games territory.

Flexible Raiding was, sadly it came way after the damage was done.

Well you could do normal mode.. It isn't that much harder really.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Sorry but only a minority play video games to be "challenged" especially in RPGs. Time to summon @Osmeric
    Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

I think what turns people off is being challenged and failing, especially in the company of others, especially if those others aren't failing (or aren't failing as badly).

There's a spread in performance among players, and there will also be a lower part of that distribution, so in group activities there will always be players who are not measuring up to the other players. If the content is challenging enough that the group is at the limit of what they can do then those lesser players will tend to have a more negative experience.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It's good to see the WoW community still actively fights against the kind of quality of life improvements for the dreaded casual player that has kept the game alive and thriving for more than a decade as the MMO genre in general is slowly dying around it.

Telling someone who enjoys LFR that they should just do normal instead, is like telling someone who complains that they can never find apple juice in their local grocery stores to just drink orange juice instead because apple juice isn't real juice anyway. Except to drink orange juice you need a group of 10 people and a couple hours to waste with no guarantee you'll actually get the sweet sweet OJ and apple juice takes maybe an hour by yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    I'm stuck on the 4th boss in Normal. Pugging in LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    It's good to see the WoW community still actively fights against the kind of quality of life improvements
    Flex Raiding was quality of life improvements. LFR was denaturing the game.

Social interaction has always been the very core of the MMO genre. Destroying that aspect for the sake of making it more "convenient" for people to acquire their purples wasn't the right way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I'm stuck on the 4th boss in Normal. Pugging in LFG.
    I said people who seriously wanted to. If you were a serious raider you would have a guild and have cleared it long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    Flex Raiding was quality of life improvements. LFR was denaturing the game.

Social interaction has always been the very core of the MMO genre. Destroying that aspect for the sake of making it more "convenient" for people to acquire their purples wasn't the right way to go about it.
    That genie was out of the bottle in Wrath. The game has had PvE matchmaking for longer than it hasn't at this point. It's a thing that exists and is never going anywhere. When people want it to function better, the response isn't to tell them not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.
    My brain... it hurts..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    I don't look down on people who do it.
    Sorry, I didn't mean that you did. There are people who have posted "LFR is not raiding" or variations on that point who are.

1 a week was fine the 2 week delays is pretty bad. LFR is raiding for those that simply don't have the time / desire / life to deal with pre-set times or scrolling the LFG tool begging for invites.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I said people who seriously wanted to. If you were a serious raider you would have a guild and have cleared it long ago.
    I seriously want to kill her xD
    I just don't have the time to join a guild man.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    1 a week was fine the 2 week delays is pretty bad. LFR is raiding for those that simply don't have the time / desire / life to deal with pre-set times or scrolling the LFG tool begging for invites.
    so basically it's not raiding, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    so basically it's not raiding, then?
    Last checked Nighthold is a raid, Not a dungeon or a solo quest.

http://www.wowhead.com/the-nighthold
    Instance type: Raid
    Yep if it looks like a raid, Smells like a raid, It must be a raid.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I could understand 1 week a wing, this 2 weeks a wing thing is dumb tough. I don't see why ppl who want to just do LFR have to be gated out of seing the last boss in the instance for so long, it seriously does not affect anyone who raids normal/heroic/mythic in the slightest if they opened these wings quicker, in fact itd help me as id have more sources of runes to use on mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Last checked Nighthold is a raid, Not a dungeon or a solo quest.

http://www.wowhead.com/the-nighthold

Yep if it looks like a raid, Smells like a raid, It must be a raid.
    a wild retardasaurus rex to appears!
    Your thread on wow general forums got deleted, shame the mods here don't have that kind of testicular fortitude.

Nighthold is a raid. You just aren't doing any raiding in it. You're doing a short tour, with clearly defined areas where you can visit.

It's like taking a nurburgring taxi.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop calling them "raiders".
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

1 per week is enough of a "gate" to convince people to get into normal/heroic but also not make normal/heroic raiders feel burnt out. Hell do 2 weeks for wing 1 and 1 week for every wing after and it would be better than now.

I completely agree that 2 weeks per wing for every wing is too long. Esp when the wait for wing 4 is a single boss wing.

The boss assignment is also all fucked up. 1 tier wing 1, 1 tier wing 2, 3 tier wing 3, 1 tier wing 4. They should have switched a boss in wing 2 and wing 3 to balance out the tier drops.

Also botanist last over Star Auger last is a huge misstep. People just leave after the tier boss.