Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Two of my points right there. They're trying to push off what is essentially an American Centrist which will just net them a MUCH more right wing president after the fact. And the phobia and racism spam has already started lose all force. This isn't even so much the rise of the Right wing so much as the fall of the Left. The left's radicals are being about five thousand times more obnoxious than the right's, which just pushes the independents STRAIGHT into the arms of the right wing. Yet the left isn't just refusing to push the radicals away, they EMBRACE them most of the time now. Would be nice if a PROPER centrist party could be established at some point, something with an actual chance of opposing the two big ones. But it would take an ABSURD amount of money and some defectors from both parties to have any hope of happening.
    Why would republicans move to a party that is to the left of the dems?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I will take a Trump lover over some dude who pretends the USSR is still a thing. Lol, seriously, your sig...its like Alternate Reality right?
    I think you should read past the Trump lover part, and I dont think the USSR still exists, so sorry to burst that bubble.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said nor implied that. I believe the Democrat party is against the worker, but whatever.
    Ofcourse, (center-)right wing parties are never pro-labour.
    Still surprised the US has no proper pro-labour party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I think you should read past the Trump lover part, and I dont think the USSR still exists, so sorry to burst that bubble.
    Look at your signature.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Well, I'm not old enough and haven't gotten sick. *knock on wood* But Canada...has almost NO MILITARY. It is pathetic. The US could send the Maine Army National Guard over and overwhelm Canada. The US and Canada are supposed to be like gym bros but Canada has skipped out for the past 30 years.

The US (at least under conservative) Leadership wouldn't dream of annexing Canada...if anything because we don't want another few million more liberal voters. The Idea of Canada and the US going to war is so crazy....it is kind of fun to think about though eh?
    I'm by no means old and I'm not from Canada or from the US. Of course a country needs somewhat of a military, but I'd prefer not paying hundreds of billions for the military. While the military is a social system in itself (in fact the biggest and most expensive in the world), it benefits part of the population. Often, people just join the US military because they would end up on the streets if they wouldn't. From an economical point of view, these people are absolutely unproductive. They don't add any sort of value to the US economy, yet they get paid by the taxpayer. They can retire early and get their pensions. On the other hand, people have to run 3 jobs to get by and still have no pensions or any social security in case something happens to them. if I were American, that would piss me off. A military is certainly important, but that is such a money sink for you guys that of course there is no money to establish any other proper social systems. Obamacare was a good start, but I can see how that could hit a lot of people in their pockets.
    You should stop painting everything so black and white with liberals and conservatives. In the end, the "lefties" in the US would hardly be considfered left in most other countries. And to me as an outsider, the concepts of your liberals sound far more reasonable and fair to the average joe than what your "right wingers" have shown. I get it that people are angry about their government, but you should really face the reality that reps blocked a lot of things Obama wanted to do that he now gets all the blame for. From an outside point of view, right wingers in the US resort to lies and deception very quickly, not only Trump. There is a lot of word bending and twisting happening that helps nobody.
    I can only recommend to read foreign media from time to time, it helps putting things in perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at your signature.
    Well, feel free to believe that then, I told you I don't, but I honestly don't care if you want to ignore that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    I'm by no means old and I'm not from Canada or from the US. Of course a country needs somewhat of a military, but I'd prefer not paying hundreds of billions for the military. While the military is a social system in itself (in fact the biggest and most expensive in the world), it benefits part of the population. Often, people just join the US military because they would end up on the streets if they wouldn't. From an economical point of view, these people are absolutely unproductive. They don't add any sort of value to the US economy, yet they get paid by the taxpayer. They can retire early and get their pensions. On the other hand, people have to run 3 jobs to get by and still have no pensions or any social security in case something happens to them. if I were American, that would piss me off. A military is certainly important, but that is such a money sink for you guys that of course there is no money to establish any other proper social systems. Obamacare was a good start, but I can see how that could hit a lot of people in their pockets.
    You should stop painting everything so black and white with liberals and conservatives. In the end, the "lefties" in the US would hardly be considfered left in most other countries. And to me as an outsider, the concepts of your liberals sound far more reasonable and fair to the average joe than what your "right wingers" have shown. I get it that people are angry about their government, but you should really face the reality that reps blocked a lot of things Obama wanted to do that he now gets all the blame for. From an outside point of view, right wingers in the US resort to lies and deception very quickly, not only Trump. There is a lot of word bending and twisting happening that helps nobody.
    I can only recommend to read foreign media from time to time, it helps putting things in perspective.
    I hear you. This isn't politics. God I would LOVE a world without politics. But Canada doesn't spend SHIT on their military. Maybe that's what I'm banging on about; if it were 100 years ago, Canader would be protecting themselves from an evil expansive US. Instead...they just sit there and send us a crapy pop star ever 5 years. The Beibler is not equal to a bomber wing.

There is a reason the "Deep State" is leaking info. They don't trust Trump which looks like he has some very close ties to Russia, yes that Russia that over the past 60 years most intelligence agencies have been trained to handle. Plus Trump is unhinged. He could any one day take that info and start a war or tweet out some National Security shit.

If you want to go all crazy conspiracy shit go ahead, that one day or even today our Intelligence Agency or other government agencies could do a coup d'etat. Trump is a special case. I can probably say they would never do this to anyone else elected, unless they are just as unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So.... if he orders the military and the intelligence agencies to start committing crimes against humanity on the American people, you want them to obey like obedient little drones? The concept of people in these positions operating both within the law and following their conscience is something that most rational people would consider a good thing.
    If it effects their paycheck or pension they won't give 2 shits about your "rights and protections". That is why unconstitutional laws get enforced by police. On a personal level they might disagree with the law but they aren't going to risk their job and future for someone who isn't their family.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ben Is a huge Trump lover and Conspiracy theorist. He also believes in Pizzagate, that Europa will be overtaken by Muslims, that vaccines/GMOs are used to control the people, and that big pharma is causing the mass shootings.
    WoW. Yes that is a World of Warcraft-sized WOW. I feel like I ought to pay more attention to who's writing what these days, but the fact that op-eds seem to be in vogue I can't seem to bring myself to care about modern writers.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I know I've found it really weird to watch people that are generally left-leaning and liberal-minded suddenly decide they're going to cheerlead for the CIA engaging in interdepartmental squabbling and attacks on the executive branch. Some of the very same people could be relied on to critique the CIA's endless meddling and agendas that are clearly not what could be described as "national interest" over the last few decades suddenly want to see a sitting American President attacked with whatever propaganda intelligence agencies can procure or conjure. People like Skroe have always been consistent about backing CIA interests and genuinely believing they're entirely consistent with overall American interests, but liberals really have no excuse here.
    I don't find it weird at all. The intelligence community did the same thing during the elections to get trump to a presidency. Many of the same "country over party" dipshits that saw the same thing everyone else did now want the same people to do the same thing to trump. Their issue is just hatred and vitriol. It goes deeper than that though. We even had an fbi director publicly interfere in the election. He still has his job. I mean I guess it's easier to come up with a dossier blaming the russians for the election that ultimately gets you off the hook? Some how in the end I think it will be another russian job at the end of this fiasco also. Maybe the neocons will have to find some lunatic willing to scare or kill trump into sharing their view of russia? Tinfoil hat off now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

(source)

I've noticed people on both the Right, and some on the Left, basically hoping for a coup d'etat from the CIA, Military, or something to overthrow the election of 2016. It is a rather interesting time where people now sing the praises of the CIA and welcome a junta of spies, corporate hegemons and the military industrial complex to overthrow an election result.

Of course much of this might just be bluster considering a lot of the tweets and idle threats against Trumps presidency from this "Deep State," are so public and apparent it seems like a puffer fish trying to seem more threatening than it is.

There is really no reason the CIA would go all JFK on Trump. Instead they would just force an impeachment. It is strange though that some Republicans are so backing of Trump. Rand Paul, when asked if they should be investigating Trump regarding Russia said ´ I think Republicans ought not to be investigating other Republicans´... which is just the most treasonous comment I have ever heard of Senator make. We all know it is true ( kinda like when Pelosi said ´we should vote on this and then read it´). But rarely do you get career politicians to state so correctly how things actually work in Washington. I think the Reps are still afraid of Trump supporters ( Rand Paul Kentucky etc). But even as a fairly conservative person, it is amazing that they don´t think they need to investigate the Russian links at all.

Who knows, maybe Chelsea/Bradley who probably was a horrible marksman can score a head-shot at 400 meters like Lee Harvey Oswald did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Some of those bricks are just making my chuckle. Obama? Kissenger? On the same team? Really? Plus what, Google and Satanists? lolwtf?
    They acknowledged goldman sachs. Progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I don't find it weird at all. The intelligence community did the same thing during the elections to get trump to a presidency. Many of the same "country over party" dipshits that saw the same thing everyone else did now want the same people to do the same thing to trump. Their issue is just hatred and vitriol. It goes deeper than that though. We even had an fbi director publicly interfere in the election. He still has his job. I mean I guess it's easier to come up with a dossier blaming the russians for the election that ultimately gets you off the hook? Some how in the end I think it will be another russian job at the end of this fiasco also. Maybe the neocons will have to find some lunatic willing to scare or kill trump into sharing their view of russia? Tinfoil hat off now lol.
    what does this part mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Many of the same "country over party" dipshits that saw the same thing everyone else did now want the same people to do the same thing to trump.
    Hillary sucked. Did we even need the Russians to hack her to prove that? Actually, I think I agree with you.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-19 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

(source)

I've noticed people on both the Right, and some on the Left, basically hoping for a coup d'etat from the CIA, Military, or something to overthrow the election of 2016. It is a rather interesting time where people now sing the praises of the CIA and welcome a junta of spies, corporate hegemons and the military industrial complex to overthrow an election result.

Of course much of this might just be bluster considering a lot of the tweets and idle threats against Trumps presidency from this "Deep State," are so public and apparent it seems like a puffer fish trying to seem more threatening than it is.

If the media (powered by the Deep State) weren't so Anti-Trump and instead tried to work with The President and Congress to get the country back on track, we would be so much better off. But being nice and looking out for America doesn't get TV ratings or Internet clicks, so that isn't gonna happen...

I sure as hell don't want the CIA/NSA dictating things in the US any more than they already do.

Edit: It's also hilarious (at least to me) that just a few years ago saying "Deep State" would have labeled you a loon. It's amazing what happens when you stop listening to the media, who DO NOT have your best interest in mind, and think for yourself.
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2017-02-19 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    If the media (powered by the Deep State) weren't so Anti-Trump and instead tried to work with The President and Congress to get the country back on track, we would be so much better off. But being nice and looking out for America doesn't get TV ratings or Internet clicks, so that isn't gonna happen...

I sure as hell don't want the CIA/NSA dictating things in the US any more than they already do.
    You are absolutely correct. Were is my "like" button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They acknowledged goldman sachs. Progress.
    I'm really waiting for them to write their list and literally name off "all the rich people". And then hand them a copy of Das Capital and say "welcome to the team".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

Edit: It's also hilarious (at least to me) that just a few years ago saying "Deep State" would have labeled you a loon. It's amazing what happens when you stop listening to the media, who DO NOT have your best interest in mind, and think for yourself.

I don't think you know how the news media usually works.
    If all media supports the government, it becomes very fishy.

You are absolutely correct. Were is my "like" button.
    Maybe if Trump wasn't such a dumbass and not pay so damn much attention to the media and pay more attention to the job he might get something accomplished.

...on 2nd thought...I don't think I want this admin to get a single thing accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm really waiting for them to write their list and literally name off "all the rich people". And then hand them a copy of Das Capital and say "welcome to the team".
    He did talk shit about the banks during the election

Why are people cheering for the Democratic process being burned to the ground? I know I wouldn't be against it but seeing this much support makes me think we entered the blitzkrieg bears universe.

I don't think you know how the news media usually works.
    If all media supports the government, it becomes very fishy.
    But that isn't what I said at all. I said "work with". That doesn't mean kiss the current administrations ass 24/7 and become a propaganda outlet.. which most are already. That means rag on them when they do something stupid, think Travel Ban, and don't do hit pieces for little things that wouldn't even get published in tabloid papers.