Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You realise that they already released a comic featuring old Anduin flying in a spaceship to the final battle against the Void? Even if the next expansion will have Voidlords, it is still ~60 WoW years until the final battle.
    Gee if its so far off why are we fighting the last foces of the Void Lords NEXT EXPANSION? Just gonna sit on Azeroth and let Genn bitch about Forsaken for a few decades after we dismantle a demon army and titan and dread gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I... can't even tell how this was supposed to be relevant so I will spell my post out for you more clearly.

Before the Chronicle, we believed that The Old Gods were The Void Lords, that they were themselves the ultimate figureheads of the "void" faction.
    This means that if we killed N'Zoth, we'd have got rid of all of the Old Gods, and would have "run out of villains" (lol).

After the Chronicle, it turns out that no, there are yet more powerful and more evil creatures that are waiting in the wings to fight us after we kill the Old Gods. So if we kill the old gods, there will still be bad guys left. How convenient!

If they wanted to bring WoW to an end, why introduce the Void Lords at all? The Void Lords are new as of the Chronicle and represent something else we now have to defeat once N'Zoth is out of the way.

Hence: Blizzard hurriedly adding new villains (Void Lords) behind the ones that are in the firing line (Azshara, N'Zoth), because the game isn't going to end.

If they were going to have the storyline end, they'd not have added the Void Lords, have us kill N'Zoth before Sargeras, and then we'd be finished.
    Because it gives an endgame

An excuse to thrust the Legion forward and destroy them and still have azshara and Nzoth be considered noteworthy thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Gee if its so far off why are we fighting the last foces of the Void Lords NEXT EXPANSION? Just gonna sit on Azeroth and let Genn bitch about Forsaken for a few decades after we dismantle a demon army and titan and dread gods.
    Because the last forces of the void lords on Azeroth aren't the last forces of the void lords.
    Why would Anduin be travelling through space to fight the void lords on Azeroth? He's already on Azeroth.

Deleted
    because everything was fine then Garrosh > goes to Draenor > Gul'Dan > Legion > Legion Invasion

Expansion number doesnt indicate power level. Source. Kil'jaeden was T6. Tier 9 was not 1 but 2 jormungar worms!
    That is what I am saying too, but when I made an example of Lei Shen - a liked character whose story arc happened in the expansion he was introduced, you went off to say that a 2nd thing like that won't happen because there can't be anyone on his caliber power wise because of the lore established in the Chronicle. Which I understood as you saying that for there to be a new villain introduced, he would need to be powerful and then I went on to argue against that.

Deleted
    Next expansion could be literally the next MoP, another filler expansion. Until you offer solid proof, there's nothing but speculation.

Because it gives an endgame

An excuse to thrust the Legion forward and destroy them and still have azshara and Nzoth be considered noteworthy thereafter.
    And Sargeras isn't an endgame?
    It would simply have been a matter of not putting Sargeras in the last patch of Legion, and giving him an expansion after N'Zoth.

But they didn't do that, so clearly they have more to build up.

I... can't even tell how this was supposed to be relevant so I will spell my post out for you more clearly.

Before the Chronicle, we believed that The Old Gods were The Void Lords, that they were themselves the ultimate figureheads of the "void" faction.
    This means that if we killed N'Zoth, we'd have got rid of all of the Old Gods, and would have "run out of villains" (lol).

After the Chronicle, it turns out that no, there are yet more powerful and more evil creatures that are waiting in the wings to fight us after we kill the Old Gods. So if we kill the old gods, there will still be bad guys left. And they could just make more Old Gods at any time. How convenient!

If they wanted to bring WoW to an end, why introduce the Void Lords at all? The Void Lords are new as of the Chronicle and represent something else we now have to defeat once N'Zoth is out of the way.

Hence: Blizzard hurriedly adding new villains (Void Lords) behind the ones that are in the firing line (Azshara, N'Zoth), because the game isn't going to end.

If they were going to have the storyline end, they'd not have added the Void Lords, have us kill N'Zoth before Sargeras, and then we'd be finished.
    The added Void Lords. THE CLEAR ULTIMATE EndGAME. and your saying it's not going to end.

The ultimate villan is literally al thats left. you are blind to the stuff you just said.

- - - Updated - - -

Next expansion could be literally the next MoP, another filler expansion. Until you offer solid proof, there's nothing but speculation.
    next MoP cept NO unnammed old god, no garrosh being built up, Chronicle has solidified all known landscapes of azeroth and backhistory lore.

No another moP won't happen. sorry.

The added Void Lords. THE CLEAR ULTIMATE EndGAME. and your saying it's not going to end.

The ultimate villan is literally al thats left. you are blind to the stuff you just said.
    I mean, we thought the Burning Legion was the endgame.

And Sargeras isn't an endgame?
    It would simply have been a matter of not putting Sargeras in the last patch of Legion, and giving him an expansion after N'Zoth.

But they didn't do that, so clearly they have more to build up.
    Sargeras is more than likely going to become the Dark Titan of the Void lords upon his defeat on Argus.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

next MoP cept NO unnammed old god, no garrosh being built up, Chronicle has solidified all known landscapes of azeroth and backhistory lore.

No another moP won't happen. sorry.
    For the record, they added the Burning Legion and Sargeras... what... 15 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, we thought the Burning Legion was the endgame.
    Burning Legion and old Gods together have always been the endgame considering how vast and destructive both factions are to the planet.

We already had an ultimate endgame!
    We had the Old Gods, and we had Sargeras.

The fact that, when we are on the edge of defeating the ultimate endgame, they add a new ultimate endgame, isn't illuminating to you?

They waited until we had almost defeated the ultimate bad guy and then said "uh wait no, that's not the ultimate bad guy, this is!"
    They set up more villains behind the current villains, so that the story could go on longer.
    I know I'm talking to a brick wall but I just want to make your lack of insight as clear as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    because the Scourge HAS NO COMMAND STRUCTURE OR CULT OF THE DAMNED.

Are player DKs Enemies?

Formerly known as Arafal

For the record, they added the Burning Legion and Sargeras... what... 15 years ago?
    Medivh was possessed by Sargeras in Warcraft 1....

are you dumb?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    Oh boy Bolvar in Northend and ICC 2.0

BEST EXPAC EVER.

But WoW's most iconic characters have two decades of history!
    (Let's forget the fact that many of the fan favourites are from Warcraft III).

Deleted
    Sargeras is more than likely going to become the Dark Titan of the Void lords upon his defeat on Argus.
    Yeah, since all of the sudden he just turns into a corrupted Titan.... ??? There's a reason why Old Gods are corrupting world souls, since grown up Titans are literally out of reach for them. Amanthul and Sargeras have shown you why.

We already had an ultimate endgame!
    We had the Old Gods, and we had Sargeras.

The fact that, when we are on the edge of defeating the ultimate endgame, they add a new ultimate endgame, isn't illuminating to you?

They waited until we had almost defeated the ultimate bad guy and then said "uh wait no, that's not the ultimate bad guy, this is!"
    They set up more villains behind the current villains, so that the story could go on longer.
    I know I'm talking to a brick wall but I just want to make your lack of insight as clear as possible.
    The fact they destroy the Legion and end the nightmare in an expansion isn't illuminating to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, since all of the sudden he just turns into a corrupted Titan.... ??? There's a reason why Old Gods corrupting world souls, since grown up Titans are literally out of reach for them. Amanthul and Sargeras have shown you why.
    Just wait I bet you it happens in such a poetic ironic way.

The fact they destroy the Legion and end the nightmare in an expansion isn't illuminating to you?
    They ended the nightmare in a novel. That they brought it back so they could also put it in an expansion isn't illuminating to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is for discussion of "Chronicles Vol. II" or the Chronicles series in general, please return the focus to that to prevent complete derailment. This is the first and final warning for the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Medivh was possessed by Sargeras in Warcraft 1....

are you dumb?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy Bolvar in Northend and ICC 2.0

BEST EXPAC EVER.
    Bc no content moves forward unless anaxie is thoroughly impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Oh yay, we're getting Draenor lore after WoD is finished-.. ResidentSleeper

Seriously, I would've expected something more exciting, not looking forward to this volume at all.