Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'll probably go mostly physical, though I've always been a bit iffy about physical as of late since you can always just re-download a digital copy... VC will probably take up most if not all of my virtual downloads, though I'll probably end up using Switch more for VC than anything.
    For Nintendo games, I only really go physical personally because the digital versions never really get cheaper anyway, and they usually retain their value anyway.

Valid digital point, but that's why I shy away from it on Nintendo consoles, because their digital services are always....iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For Nintendo games, I only really go physical personally because the digital versions never really get cheaper anyway, and they usually retain their value anyway.

Valid digital point, but that's why I shy away from it on Nintendo consoles, because their digital services are always....iffy.
    Oh for sure. Nintendo always has and will always remain what I call "Japanese as fuck", which is my way of saying "it feels extremely foreign and different from what I'd expect XYZ to be". It's usually how I describe FFXIV to people who have played WoW, for example.

But yeah, VC has always been fine for the most part, though Nintendo needs to town down their foreign-ness, at least for the west.

Though yeah, physical copies are great, and I do have a pretty nice bookshelf I need to fill up with games in my next move...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Well, fucking rip me.

I'll probably go mostly physical, though I've always been a bit iffy about physical as of late since you can always just re-download a digital copy... VC will probably take up most if not all of my virtual downloads, though I'll probably end up using Switch more for VC than anything.

1. I meant will the games I bought be recognized like "hey, we see you bought this previously".
    2. So you're making assumptions from the Wii U then?
    in an interview if asked whether purchases of vc would carry over or if we'd get discounts reggies said there would be "something" in place for those who already bought titles before if they go to buy them on the switch. so we dont know for sure what it is but you will likely atleast get a discount.

the switch isnt backwards compatible with wiiu and 3ds games, not anything to carry over in that sense.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in an interview if asked whether purchases of vc would carry over or if we'd get discounts reggies said there would be "something" in place for those who already bought titles before if they go to buy them on the switch. so we dont know for sure what it is but you will likely atleast get a discount.
    So it sounds like a lot of corporate phooey. Wonderful. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the switch isnt backwards compatible with wiiu and 3ds games, not anything to carry over in that sense.
    I was just referring to the Wii U/(N)3DS VC libraries, not the actual games of those consoles.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I would wait to see honestly.
    For all the doomsaying people are doing, the Wii U had 32GB storage and worked perfectly fine as long as you stuck to physical copies, so unless you plan to go digital only, you should be fine.
    I only bought physical games for the Wii U outside of VC shit(and my total VC library is not even 100 MB).

I will have to uninstall either(or multiple of) XCX, Splatoon , Smash, MM or MK8 dlc/patches to play the physical copy of Zelda as I only have 500 MB left and not the 3 GB required.

So uhhh yea... about that. Not like game patches/dlc are getting smaller as time go's on either... This is also disregarding shit Nintendo pulls like releasing Fatal Frame as digital only in NA when the game was near 20 GB.

If the Switch ends up being a success and having a longer life then the Wii U I foresee that 25GB of free space becoming a problem for people regardless of if they stay physical only or not. They will either need an SD card or be fine with deleting dlc/patches.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-20 at 06:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you place the JoyCons on the Switch, they emit a familiar sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I only bought physical games for the Wii U outside of VC shit(and my total VC library is not even 100 MB).

I will have to uninstall either(or multiple of) XCX, Splatoon , Smash, MM or MK8 dlc/patches to play the physical copy of Zelda as I only have 500 MB left and not the 3 GB required.

So uhhh yea... about that. Not like game patches/dlc are getting smaller as time go's on either... This is also disregarding shit Nintendo pulls like releasing Fatal Frame as digital only in NA when the game was near 20 GB.
    Now how much of that is taken up by XCX though, because last I checked, thats around 10GBs alone for optional data.

And it's not like uninstalling things is the end of the world. "Should be fine" in my opinion is as long as you can play multiple games without an issue. It becomes a problem if lets say, you can only play 1 or 2 games at a time because they take up the entire storage alone, and you have to uninstall and reinstall to swap.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-20 at 06:19 AM.

I think I get that video but...I don't get it. Why is everyone going so completely nuts over that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    EA also sells games on, You know, A smartphone....I don't see how what you just said has shit to do with what I said. I get it you got a Switch and want to defend it.

Your argument would be valid if EA sells games on PC and the average PC HD space is 50gig's.

Like I said this is being marketed as a home console and has zero benefits of it. Its also being marketed as mobile AAA gaming and you know what one of those benefits would be.......taking ur games on the go via digital.

You know what you can't do with DQHI-II without spending a extra $20+ or being forced to buy physical. You know what happens if you download just Zelda and Mario Kart 8.

But I get it joe blind defend this, Nintendo needs more fanboy's. The system's HD is too fucken small, Its even smaller then a fucken 2007 released PS3.
    So its okay when Sony does it with the PSVita and PSP? And their card were proprietary so they were a lot more expensive than micro sd cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So its okay when Sony does it with the PSVita and PSP? And their card were proprietary so they were a lot more expensive than micro sd cards.
    And you needed the storage to actually play anything due to save data.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you needed the storage to actually play anything due to save data.
    To be fair, I agree, the Switch should have more storage, but people are acting like Nintendo are the only ones who do this.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Switch ends up being a success and having a longer life then the Wii U I foresee that 25GB of free space becoming a problem for people regardless of if they stay physical only or not. They will either need an SD card or be fine with deleting dlc/patches.
    Dont forget about memory cards for systems back in the day. IK different era, but its not exactly uncommon to ask a consumer to pay 30 dollars to play a large catalog of games.

No one said it was okay for Sony to do it either, that's one reason those handhelds failed miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think I get that video but...I don't get it. Why is everyone going so completely nuts over that?
    Its just neat. Thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    No one said it was okay for Sony to do it either, that's one reason those handhelds failed miserably.
    PSP was a pretty large success.

To be fair, I agree, the Switch should have more storage, but people are acting like Nintendo are the only ones who do this.
    I'm not saying the storage is good, don't get me wrong.

I'm just saying I think it's weird to be so angry about it when there's alternatives, like buying the game physically. Which is why I pointed that out to Jt, I think it's silly to claim a game "won't sell well" because you need extra space if you want the digital, when you can buy it for just the same price physically.

And I never saw anyone complain about needing extra storage for the 3DS if you want digital only, which also confuses me why he's pointing out that "digital is important for portable", when the 3DS needed extra storage for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I would argue that the PSVITA failed because of its expensive proprietary memory cards, not because you had to buy some storage. You can spend 30 dollars and have enough storage for 10-20 average Switch sized games. Thats fine. Sucks, but its not going to break the bank.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying I think it's weird to be so angry about it when there's alternatives, like buying the game physically. Which is why I pointed that out to Jt, I think it's silly to claim a game "won't sell well" because you need extra space if you want the digital, when you can buy it for just the same price physically.

And I never saw anyone complain about needing extra storage for the 3DS if you want digital only, which also confuses me why he's pointing out that "digital is important for portable", when the 3DS needed extra storage for that.
    Id also argue that Nintendo fans buy games largely physical still with the exception of Virtual console titles.

- - - Updated - - -

Well 3ds was what 6 or 7 years ago? Downloading was still a lot newer back then to be fair. Im not trying to play one side on the storage issue. I see both sides. I just think its not the end of the world.

What kind of strawman argument is this? The biggest mistake Sony made with the Vita was the proprietary memory cards as noted by almost everyone.

Id also argue that Nintendo fans buy games largely physical still with the exception of Virtual console titles.
    I mean, that's exactly what I do.

It's good and all to point out EA's digital sales, but when you're comparing a 3rd party company that sells games on PC/Phone which are mostly digital (or all digital in the case of the phone), to a company who only sells games on their own consoles, it doesn't really prove a point.

I imagine Nintendo has the statistics to know the comparison between physical and digital sales. And at least SD cards are cheap, it's not like Sony and their stupid handheld memory cards like you pointed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of strawman argument is this? The biggest mistake Sony made with the Vita was the proprietary memory cards as noted by almost everyone.
    Its a good thing the Switch doesn't require an expensive proprietary memory card huh?

I didn't say it was okay for the Switch to have 32gb. I said other companies do the same thing. PSP used proprietary memory and was VERY successful. 30 dollars is not that big of an investment. Not ideal, but not the end of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Spawnwave is very good with tech, and is sure its not a standard X1 like people tried to say. So it seems that while it might still be Maxwell, its been heavily customized. Those are his words not mine.

At 5 minutes in.

No shit it's heavily customized, if it was just using an off the market chip Chinese bootlegging would kick into 2nd gear and emulation would be up and running quicker then even the Wii U was.

There has never been a video game system ever that is not using a custom chip.

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit it's heavily customized, if it was just using an off the market chip Chinese bootlegging would kick into 2nd gear and emulation would be up and running quicker then even the Wii U was.

There has never been a video game system ever that is not using a custom chip.
    There are people literally claiming it was an X1 to the T. Not saying you.