Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zm3i View Post
    wrong
    Russia and US = terran - space programs

u=pig

see my ww2 post for more info^^
    errr the EU space program is significantly more advanced than the Russians.

The EU is capable of independent interplanetary exploration. Russia... well... let's just say that their industrial decline is leading to third stages on Protons and Soyuz's blowing up at an alarming rate.

Should have wrote shit down before your historic space-defense industrial workforce retired over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by slucrotrec View Post
    I mean... on a personal level, he, and most Americans can be pretty cool people. It's kind of whatevs, as the US-EU marriage can survive the clown they elected. But sweeping blame under the rug "it was them, those filthy trumpsters that did this to us" makes no sense: that subset is as much American as the next guy, and currently America elected an imbecile, and Americans will have to respond for that. Embarrassment, or empty apologies, doesn't cut it.
    I understand that from time to time, some countries choose to become a bit silly, but I'm hopeful that they will fix that speedily. Hell, that they're still protesting is much more of a sign of commitment than any "I'm soooowy, I won't do it again" insipid and useless remark.
    You probably don't know him well, but he's actively fighting against Trump in his own way. He once described it in a post. It's not like he's just going "those Trumpkins" and sitting on his ass the rest of the time. The US is full of people like him. But they have to respect democratic elections and fight the system from within. That gives him the right, though, to say "this isn't on me". The only thing you can blame him for is that he's not fighting against a political system with a dumb election system that enabled Trump in the first place. But I think they're aware of the flaws of the election system by now.

We'll see if it's been enough of a scare to change the system, though. In that, the US is probably just about as slow as Europe is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Look, it's not our fault we're periodically led by religious fanatics who swear they hear voices.
    My logic is sound...

Russia throws soldiers into doom to overwhelm the enemy with numbers, those soldiers aren't important
    Europe really love their traditional warfare and is slow to adapt to new tech
    The US, on the other hand, are all about new tech, laser beams, flying around and stealth shit.

That analogy is so apt on so many levels, it's amazing I haven't seen it before on the net. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's been quite a while since the United States decided to up and roll into part of a neighboring country and decide it was theirs.

I also don't recall the United States decriminalizing domestic abuse.
    Yeah fuck Russia and Putin, i mean the war in Afghanistan with thousands of casualties and an increase in heroin production by a factor of 10.
    The war in Iraq with hundreds of thousands, or even a million casualties, coupled with the rise of ISIS and destabilization of the whole region.
    The war in Lybia with thousands of casualties, and 6 years of an ongoing civil war in the country.
    The bombardment and destruction of Yugoslavia using among other weapons depleted uranium bombs.
    Taking away a part of Serbia on the results of the vote that less than 1% of Serbian natives were allowed to participate, while being threatened, killed, and their houses burnt.
    Providing political, economic and military support to the coup in Kiev that violently overthrew the lawfully elect president of the country, with great participation of nazi forces.
    Providing political, economic and military support to the current government of Kiev that is using artillery, tactical missiles, heavy bombers and tanks against the rebel forces in the east of the country effectively killing thousands of civilians only for the fact of them not wanting to obey the government that came to force as a result of a coup.
    Using drone strikes to execute without a due process in court people that the US government considers terrorists or threat to the US.

Is nothing compared to the bloody and forceful taking of Crimea that the evil and bloody dictator Putin has made.
    Oh no, wait, not a single shot was fired, there was 0 refugees running away from the evil regime outside of Crimea, while even some of the Ukranian military forces decided to stay and take Russian citizenship, the population of the peninsula predominantly voted for leaving Ukraine and becoming apart of Russia (on top of the two referendums that were supposed to make Crimea an independent state at the point of the destruction of the USSR, which was ignored by the Ukranian government and forced Crimea to become part of Ukraine in the first place). Oh and to top that off the evil Russia is not only accepting million of refugees running from the agression of the Kiev regime in the eastern Ukraine, it is also still accepting millions of Ukranians from all parts of Ukraine as labor migrants, and the factories which belong to the president of Ukraine still operate in Russia.

This is clearly a country that is waging war on Ukraine. Yeah.

errr the EU space program is significantly more advanced than the Russians.

The EU is capable of independent interplanetary exploration. Russia... well... let's just say that their industrial decline is leading to third stages on Protons and Soyuz's blowing up at an alarming rate.
    Orly, that's even more laughable than russians killing russians by milions, u are my favorite MORON on this forum.<3

Ok chat, cya later gonna go raid. gather up somethin for lulz for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

Thought this was a good breakdown of this show.
    You think John Oliver is brainwashing people? What?

I should have known not to read the whole thing when it started with "shitlib"

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Putin is against Democrats such as Hillary who would push political correctness. That makes Putin an ally, not an enemy.
    Putin is also against media that doesn't favour him, he assasinates them. Putin would make a fine friend of Trump.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Russia throws soldiers into doom to overwhelm the enemy with numbers, those soldiers aren't important
    Europe really love their traditional warfare and is slow to adapt to new tech
    The US, on the other hand, are all about new tech, laser beams, flying around and stealth shit.

That analogy is so apt on so many levels, it's amazing I haven't seen it before on the net. :P
    I mean, christ man, what gets an American's war boner going bigger and harder than a carrier crush and swarming drones at shit?

Also everything is incredibly expensive and extremely slow to build.

Cute. We don't need John Oliver to laugh about Trump. And it's a fucking COMEDY SHOW. Of course it's not there to "teach" viewers. He says nothing we don't already know. What an own goal. Totally failed appeal to authority.

HERPDERP, LISTEN TO HIM; HE SAYS HE'S A PSYCHOMOFOLOGIST, SO IT MUST BE TRUE! HE EVEN KNOWS WORDS LIKE "STIMULUS".

And of course it's the "LIBURALS" who are "hypnotized" and "brainwashed", lol'ed so hard. And discovering that TV formats follow a set formula is not as smart as it may seem.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-02-20 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

It's true, the technique is there, I realised it quite early, too. It's up to the viewer how this is "conditioning", though. For me, it's mildly amusing, because his jokes are quite funny, he's a funny personality and all of that.. to me, none of what he says is actually "news". But the target audience is US Americans. The same people that voted Trump into office, because he talked some bullshit on TV. They are actually dependant on things like this, because the ability to critically view TV content has been lost for a while now.

There is no other explanation for things like Fox News being considered "news".

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, christ man, what gets an American's war boner going bigger and harder than a carrier crush and swarming drones at shit?

Also everything is incredibly expensive and extremely slow to build.
    See? Told ya, best analogy ever.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Bah, not available outside America, boo.
    Urggggghhhh.

Is this it?

Quality appears crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I can view it just fine.

Anyway John Oliver is one of the most vile persons. True manipulator and fearmonger. Come on its 2017 ! Get over your favourite candidate losing.
    Cool story bro. I challenge you to show us even 3 times he's manipulated anything. Include sources proving he was misleading.

I'll wait.*

*As a Trump supporter you will need to look up what constitutes an actual source, so I'll allow for the extra time to do so when I said, "I'll wait". You're welcome.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I enjoy John Oliver, and enjoyed this cut.

Both Putin and Trump need to get called out on their BS. As for the difference between Russia and the US in world politics, there really is no big difference, both countries run their own version of imperialism, most often with severe backlash.

These people have successfully detected that late shows follow a format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So basically Media is Libs trying to brain wash you and, its obvious people have no mental agency. Makes more sense if this was about Trump, mind you its trying to sound very intellectual but fails to live up to it, and looks more like a bias argument. But to be fair I have some bias in this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I also don't recall the United States decriminalizing domestic abuse.
    Neither did Russia. It might be a surprise for some people, but new law concerning domestic abuse in Russia is almost identical to the US counterpart in terms of injury criminalization. Before it was much more severe. Just so that people understand, there are 3 potential injury categories:
    1. Minor injuries - non lasting bruises, minor cuts or skin damage. Things like pushing someone and that person scratching their hand on the ground.
    2. Average injuries - bruises that last more than 7 days and or overlap and affect vital organs. Permanent skin damage (that made clearly visible scars), cuts that are deeper than skin layers (i.e. affect muscle or other organ tissue) but have no permanent ability damage attached. Injuries that resulted in a 100% recovery period of more than 7 days but less than 21 days.
    3. Heavy injuries - permanent damage. Wounds that endanger a person's life or ability in any permanent, or lasting (21 days+) way. Injuries that affected vital organs also fall into this category, as well as multiple bone fractures or generic damage in non vital areas (i.e. two injuries that fall under 2nd category can be summarily categorised as 3rd category).

This is a simple version but bear with me for a moment:
    Categories 2 and 3 fall under criminal codex, while 1st category is administrative (can result in a fine, but not jail time per se, unless it is a repeated offence). This is a norm in the US and now in Russia. However, 1st category in Russia just a little while ago, as an exception, also fell under criminal codex when it affected your relatives. So basically, in theory you could punch a person on the street, pay a fine for it and walk out of the court room. However if that person was your relative (your brother pissed you off for example, stole your girlfriend etc.), you could recieve a jail sentence. This was not really logical and counterproductive. Especially considering the fact that criminal and administrative courts are handled completely differently and have different costs associated with them. So the exception was lifted and now ALL injuries are categorised the same, independent of the fact wether they were done to your relative or not. It does not matter if you break an arm of a stranger or your brother / wife / husband. You deal with a criminal codex 2nd or 3rd (if it was severe) injury category. By the same token a non-lasting bruise on an arm is considered 1st category independent of the victim's identity and can not result in a jail sentence if that person happened to be your relative. They are still a subject of administrative codex though, and can be a basis for restraining order or divorce lawsuit.
    I hope that clears things a bit. This is a case of media sucking news out of thin air.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2017-02-20 at 01:11 PM.

- Who wrote this?
    - They are obviously biased.
    - All editorial shows follow a cadence and are repetitious.

Do you understand how this not only makes your gripes look hypocritical but reinforces Oliver?
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2017-02-20 at 01:06 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    These people have successfully detected that late shows follow a format.
    It only took them a few decades and a couple degrees in psychology. Wait, aren't those Social Science degrees the ones Trumpkins love to bash?

Seems odd to take info from 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Basically. Real news can now be called ''fake news'' if you don't agree with it. How far we've fallen as a society.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    wow a tv comedian complains about the president of the US what a clown John Oliver
    There's the scapegoat argument I was expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.