Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It does kinda say something though when even the ultra rich don't want to be charitable unless it is with someone else's money.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It does kinda say something though when even the ultra rich don't want to be charitable unless it is with someone else's money.

Are you trying to say she isn't charitable with her money? You might want to do some research before committing to that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Are you trying to say she isn't charitable with her money? You might want to do some research before committing to that claim.
    I am saying it is easy to support things where the cost of what you are supporting is paid for by other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying it is easy to support things where the cost of what you are supporting is paid for by other people.

As a person with higher income, is she not paying more taxes too? How is she paying any less than anyone else?

No. Not going to different school. Leaving the area entirely because I don't like to be living next to refugee camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    As a person with higher income, is she not paying more taxes too? How is she paying any less than anyone else?
    Is she living next to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is she living next to them?

Is she saying they can't?

Or are you saying every other citizen is living next to them?

I don't really think I have the patience to sort through 18 pages of rage against a rando celeb for no particular reason, so can anyone explain what the hell started all of this? Is it just some strange backhanded reaction to her twitter war with Peirs Morgan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?

I mean y'all DO realize that they either are housed in unoccupied spaces or families are taken in by people who want to.
    Don't know about the UK, but there are instances in Sweden where families has had their contracts cancelled to make room for refugees, it's not common but it does happen.
    https://mitti.se/nyheter/familjen-tv...amna-sitt-hem/ not gonna bother translating the whole thing, use google translate or smth if you want the story.

But that's ok, I mean where they live it's only an average of 15 years to get a new appartment unless you want to rent second hand and pay insane prices.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?

I mean y'all DO realize that they either are housed in unoccupied spaces or families are taken in by people who want to.

You do realize that, right? And when you say or do retarded shit like this that it just undermines your entire opposition and make you look like a complete fucking idiot.

Right?

I don't even agree with JK Rowling on this issue but its really funny seeing her trigger all the alt-right, Trumpettes, and conservatives. Its really quite impressive that with Brexit and Trump, the conservatives have immediately became what they maligned for so long: children crying over literally everything and everybody who disagree with them.

#boycottharrypotter

Its time for us to bring back public book burnings I think. Really show people how much you're for freedom of speech.
    It's like two roommates sharing a lease and only one of them wants another roommate to move in.

There isn't much that can be done to fix the problem between the roommates.

You both have the right to live there, but only one of you want another roommate to move in.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-20 at 10:20 PM.

petitions are a waste of time and this one is that and utterly retarded. OP is bad and they should feel bad. Low energy. Sad!

Put up or shut up! I love it!

And I hope not the clean refugees that used to be engineers and civilized etc. The crappy ones that have no education and are fucking baby machines... shooting them out of their womb like a fucking automatic rifle... tatatatata ... another kid... tatatata... another kid...

Mrs. Harry Potter will have 100 of them living with her in 5-10 years just from the reproduction rate.

In fact I hope all people that support taking in refugees, take them into their homes instead of using up tax dollars to house, feed and cloth them for the next 20 years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is that actions speak louder than words. If she wants to burden the less well off in her country with refugees, she should step up and be a leader in helping them, rather than expecting the majority of people's taxes being used for housing refugees, she should pony up to house them herself. All is fair right?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Funny could of swore i read a story a week ago about how east asian men are involved in massive amounts of human trafficking of sex slaves in the uk
    Yeah, well, those are Pakistani. Not refugees, legal immigrants, a legacy of the Commonwealth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Burning books is more in the tradition of Germany in the year 1933.

Reminds me to Erich Kästner.
    Never understood what about Kästner was so wrong. Unless it's the generic humanity of his books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I don't really think I have the patience to sort through 18 pages of rage against a rando celeb for no particular reason, so can anyone explain what the hell started all of this? Is it just some strange backhanded reaction to her twitter war with Peirs Morgan?
    It's just another incarnation of the newly empowered xenophobia, focusing on someone that dared stand up to the hatred.

So all the far righters in this thread are going to adopt a kid if they oppose abortion, right? Fair's fair.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    My opinion is that actions speak louder than words. If she wants to burden the less well off in her country with refugees, she should step up and be a leader in helping them, rather than expecting the majority of people's taxes being used for housing refugees, she should pony up to house them herself. All is fair right?
    Do you even have a bloody proof to back up this kind of talk?

J.K. Rowling is no longer a billionaire—because she donated so much money to charity. In 2011, she gave away about 16% of her net worth, or $160 million dollars. Perhaps it’s the fact that Rowling knows exactly what it’s like to be poverty stricken—she lived off of welfare at one point—that makes her more likely to give her wealth away.
    Through the years, J.K. Rowling has been involved with several charities. She worked for Amnesty International after she graduated from college. She was also an Ambassador of One Parent Families (now known as Gingerbread) for seven years and was awarded the honorary position of President in 2007. She also supported the Multiple Sclerosis Society Scotland for many years, functioning as a Patron for nine years and funding MS research.
    In 2005, J.K. Rowling founded the Children’s High Level Group (CHLG), which is now known as Lumos. The organization works to “end the systematic institutionalization of children across Europe and help them find safer, more caring places to live.”
    http://www.philanthropicpeople.com/p...s/j-k-rowling/

She puts her time and money to what she is preaching

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    She should practice what she preaches. It's like this, if you say, "we should help the homeless" people would agree with you, yeah we should help the homeless. But if you're mega rich and say it, having more than what you ever need, then people expect you to financially help the homeless.
    She has already given tens of millions...

She should let in 18 refugee muslim men between the ages of 18-30 and see what happens to her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Never understood what about Kästner was so wrong. Unless it's the generic humanity of his books.
    He was a jew.

Trump plans to burn science books, as it seems.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't her books all about keeping people that are different from each other apart from each other?

Typical rich cunt. Wants to tell you all what YOU should do but plays by a different set of rules for herself.