Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The legendary system.

AP and Legendary's makes recruiting new players, rerolling, offspecs incredible if not impossible and that destroy's so much of the community. If you start to think of it, you will feel as I do, questioning how in blazes people at Blizzard didn't see this coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I suppose that even though I personally enjoy legendaries in the game, it sadly doesn't work very well together with the community and sad design paradigm WoW has fallen into over the years. People expect their new alt to be on par with their main in 2-3 weeks. You hear people being frustrated they have to do another Class Hall, or do Suramar again. They rather complain than spend time and effort. WoWs endgame and raid-design has also fostered a mentality in the community that everything has to be fair. Instead of being happy that your guild rosters other hunter got his/her BiS legendary you cry on the forums about not being competitive. Someone gets a trinket during a low m+ run better than your raid trinket and feel like your "higher end" play was invalidated by that lucky instance.

Maybe it's mostly the vocal minority, but I get this feeling that people no longer subconsciously regard WoW as an MMO where yes, you will spend a lot of time on each char if they are to be on par with eachother. Luck will always be a factor and no, you won't always be on the front. Instead they seem to feel like endgame is one gigantic MOBA. People complaining that characters with more played time is more powerful.... duh? But no, instead this mentality causes people to complain that "they are always behind".

Well, I expect changes to the Legendary system, but I hope they never go with the godawful bandwagon suggestion of tokens which lets you decide what legendary to buy, in an order you'll end up looking up on Icyveins. Because then the excitement of getting a certain legendary is gone, and whats left is just endless whining that "we're forced to play the 2 legendary token lottery until we're able to buy our 2 BiS!!!!!!!"

WF/TF system however is among the most successful when it comes to bringing content back to relevance. You may hate it, but a player setting out to do a WQ for an item even if that item needs to go +10 or +15 or higher to be an upgrade, is 10-20 minutes not spent idle in Dalaran. But player mentality has infected this area too, and people seem angry about the fact that no, every single drop you get won't be an upgrade.

It's culture shock I'd say. A lot of players that managed to stay through WoD is also the kind of player that hates grinds and repetition. And it's so easy to complain about "mandatory grinds and chores" until they're removed, and you log on only to find that outside of raids, you have nothing to do that progresses your character. Systems like AP, TF/WF is here to stay.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-02-21 at 11:05 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, for me there is nothing which is bugging me as hell. Sometimes i swear about rng but other than that, it gives me a reason to do things. It's without a doubt the best expansion of all time so far.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    AP by far. I put this in another post but i think it works just as well here. Artifact power is like a long boring road with a nice maxed out weapon at the end as your reward. Now just when i'm coming to the end and i can stop farming the shit i see something past the end. It's road workers adding more boring fucking road.
    Yep, exactly. The grind seems so pointless, less like fun, more like a treadmill.

With the original talent trees you had a goal. At the end you would get the uber skill. The artifact system lets you pick all you best traits at your earliest convenience. It feels unrewarding from a certain point onwards.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

WF/TF system however is among the most successful when it comes to bringing content back to relevance. You may hate it, but a player setting out to do a WQ for an item even if that item needs to go +10 or +15 or higher to be an upgrade, is 10-20 minutes not spent idle in Dalaran.
    I agree, that's the way it's meant to work, and not the mindset "if I don't get to titanforge my normal/heroic/mythic+ item to 925 it's a shit system", oh please, mythic raiding says hi and will still have the highest base itemlevel if people like it or not.

Consider TF as a bonus, and do the highest content to get the highest base gear, until fully 910+ equipped, and then of course WF/TF comes into play. I can see some issues with trinkets from non-nighthold being better IF titanforged, but that's a design flaw imo, if NH trinkets are worse then lower raids, its a similar problem with good vs bad legendaries.

Really even 7.2 if WQ give 860 max, that's so far behind the 7.2 mythic raid it's ridiculous to assume someone will get 930+ on WQ alone.

Deleted
    Worst feature : Legendaries and scaling of drops (normal, wf, titanforged) + same set lfr and raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I agree, that's the way it's meant to work, and not the mindset "if I don't get to titanforge my normal/heroic/mythic+ item to 925 it's a shit system", oh please, mythic raiding says hi and will still have the highest base itemlevel if people like it or not.

Consider TF as a bonus, and do the highest content to get the highest base gear, until fully 910+ equipped, and then of course WF/TF comes into play. I can see some issues with trinkets from non-nighthold being better IF titanforged, but that's a design flaw imo, if NH trinkets are worse then lower raids, its a similar problem with good vs bad legendaries.

Really even 7.2 if WQ give 860 max, that's so far behind the 7.2 mythic raid it's ridiculous to assume someone will get 930+ on WQ alone.
    This exactly, People complaint that there was nothing to progress in WoD except raids, no reason to leave your garrison. Now you have things to do, but they don't like it because of potentially no instant gratification.

Geez, i'm bored of this kind of plebs.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enphest View Post
    Just curious. Personally I think it's the legendary system.
    Delayed flight...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that this thread is the worst feature of Legion.. lol

I don't know; there isn't anything I really dislike about Legion

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    This exactly, People complaint that there was nothing to progress in WoD except raids, no reason to leave your garrison. Now you have things to do, but they don't like it because of potentially no instant gratification.

Geez, i'm bored of this kind of plebs.
    Yeah has be totally dumbfounded to be sure people complained bitterly about WoD with having "very little to do", so Blizz try to fix it with giving people lots to do and to get out into the world and people are still complaining..

Deleted
    This one is easy...Legion itself...

Neither legendary system nor AP grind. AP is the best that happened to the game since BC and the legendary system is not perfect but already very good (e.g. trade 3 crap legendarys for a good one would be a good idea or something like that).

Legendaries and close second AP-grind.
    These so called legendaries are nothing but talents put into items... and these items are heavy RNG drops so if you are unlucky you cant have your optimal "talents".
    Ive played since launch and first 2 legendaries i got were nothing but stat sticks with absorb effects... last week i got my first dps legendary and it already improved my dps by 100k, i imagine what a second dps legendary would do.

Ive been benched from mythic raids because my dps is far from the rest... thats been my whole story this expansion. Cant compete in dps because of shitty rng system. AP has nothing to do with it.

AP grind is probably a personal preference, but i still think its stupid that if you like raiding you also have to do literally everything else in the game too to gain "gear"/power for raiding... if you dont do it you will be left behind in dps. It was more fun when you gained the most power from raiding in the form of gear.
    This is the first expansion where grinding is a requirement to do the most dps... no other grind before this has done anything like that, ive never continued a grind after reputation is exalted... and ive still always been competitive in dps, this ap-grind is just a bad design choice again since it forces people to continue doing dailies even if they have done them up to their true purpose.

I dont mind doing heroics everyday for AP until its done... but having to do dailies AND heroics is annoying, its incredibly time consuming to do all AP-dailies and a % reward is not a real reward.
    And dont get me started on changing specs... your spec gets nerfed to the ground? wanna reroll? well good luck... you need to do a massive grind to reach the same AP-level... dont have legendaries for that spec? oh, better just stick with your old spec in that case....
    Every expansion before this: just respec and you can already do quite well... wont take long until you have the gear with perfect stats.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah has be totally dumbfounded to be sure people complained bitterly about WoD with having "very little to do", so Blizz try to fix it with giving people lots to do and to get out into the world and people are still complaining..
    You can circlejerk as much as you want but as you can clearly see, your view that TF/WF/sockets etc should be treated as a bonus and not an actual targetable gear, falls completely over - it is fucking natural to strive for the best. You never bothered to even reply but just keep on repeating your mantra that everyone is entitled because they expect to be able to get the best gear that actually has a chance to drop from the content they are doing and it is DESIGNED to drop for them?! You think that everyone complaining now means entitlement while it is not true, not even the slightest. There was no complaining (=entitlement in your eyes) before because the system worked in a way that pleased most of the playerbase by having only one or two layers of RNG.

For instance, with how it worked in MoP, I raided full-hardcore and I didn't know a single person who had full bis gear but they had the majority of pieces they wanted warforged/thunderforged or whatever, but they still kept on raiding (even doing ToT for those trinkets from Lei Shen) because there was a very reasonable chance for those items to drop. And even if you did not get them, the bonus was actually just a bonus, not a fucking 50 ilvl upgrade with a possible socket - the dropchance for the very ultimate upgrade went from 20% in MoP to 4% in WoD (socket+WF) and I don't even want to know the numbers for Legion). Some may argue even that the amount of RNG in MoP was going too far and that's a matter of taste since I did not raid before MoP and I wouldn't know how much farming was going on - but I certainly loved the idea that my goal was achievable, although as I mentioned, I didn't know anyone who managed to get full bis (I farmed SoO for 30+ weeks, can't remember the numbers for ToT). In WoD they added gems as an extra layer of RNG and in Legion, they have 827419874 amount of different types of gear you can get. The joy. If you enjoy running in a wheel like hamster without purpose then good for you but don't call people who actually would like to have some kind of a direction (like they USED to, before WoD, mind you), entitled.

Last edit: and just to tell you my situation - I don't raid and I barely fucking play this shit game but I sit at 910+ ilvl with bis legendaries because you know why? Because of the amount of LUCK I had with RNG. It's stupid and it shouldn't work that way.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-02-21 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Suramar is the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You can circlejerk as much as you want but as you can clearly see, your view that TF/WF/sockets etc should be treated as a bonus and not an actual targetable gear, falls completely over - it is fucking natural to strive for the best. I explained that already in my posts and as I can see, you never bothered to even reply but just keep on repeating your mantra that everyone is entitled because they expect to be able to get the best gear that actually has a chance to drop from the content they are doing and it is DESIGNED to drop for them?! You think that everyone complaining now means entitlement while it is not true, not even the slightest. There was no complaining (=entitlement in your eyes) before because the system worked in a way that pleased most of the playerbase by having only one or two layers of RNG.
    You sure you are going off at the right person? Because in my post I was not talking to you I was talking to someone else and my post was talking about people complaining about having too little or too much to do.. And you talk about me not reading maybe you should learn to read next time before spouting off like a lunatic..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You sure you are going off at the right person? Because in my post I was not talking to you I was talking to someone else and my post was talking about people complaining about having too little or too much to do.. And you talk about me not reading maybe you should learn to read next time before spouting off like a lunatic..
    lol, yeah, it was another poster who posted exactly the same shit as you so my apologies for not actually going back and doublechecking. My points stand anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    lol, yeah, it was another poster who posted exactly the same shit as you so my apologies for not actually going back and doublechecking. My points stand anyway.
    No worries it happens.. And yeah agree that WF/TF/Sockets and so on should only be seen as a bonus and nothing more. I think that to go to the point of where you have people complaining about WF/TF/Sockets and so on is getting rather stupid. I guess folks just have to complain because they can..