Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warforged/titanforged gear, legendaries, MoS runs (m+ grind in general).

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG personally, everything wouldn't be as bad without it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Class design.
    Nothing is fun when the class you're playing is badly designed.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While the legendaries and AP grind are problematic for the top 2%, they're a non-issue for the majority of the playerbase so I don't really see those getting changed. Catering to 2% of the playerbase is such a waste of resources.

15+ Year Old Account
    World quests are a little stagnant. If they doubled the amount that were cycled through, it'd be more fun. Also I am not at all a fan of Kirin Tor stuff and will typically avoid their emissaries because at least 2 of their 5 total quests are buggy as hell.

I like the legendary system. I like AP (though I wish it was a little faster or there was a cap).

Quote Originally Posted by mysticbard View Post
    rng on everything
    and rng on rng ...
    ^this qft!

Deleted
    Alot of things but mainly the artifact system, its the thing that made me quit the game, this is the first time since Vanilla that i dont play.

-Rng on everything, this is horrible
    -Look at this legendary system
    -Suramar, what a waste of ressources

I hope they will update World Quest for the next patch
    And I wonder if at 7,4 it will take 75 obliturum to update a crafted piece of gear.

Deleted
    I don't understand the legendary hate. I've been only playing for less than a Month and already got 2 legendaries only doing emissary quests everyday

Worst : Locking professions behind dungeons.
    Best: Last vestiges of grinding has gone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

- flying gated behind raiding
    - artifact weapons making alts not worth the hassle

I had almost every class at 100 but I have no motivation to level most of them in Legion. I just can't do those fucking quests over and over again on different characters.

So many quests. Can´t handle it! (Little time to game, luxury problem I guess!) Oh, and Suramar. WHO GOES THERE! Grrr...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't understand the legendary hate. I've been only playing for less than a Month and already got 2 legendaries only doing emissary quests everyday
    I only play casually as well, and have 4 characters with 2-3 legendaries each, but I can see the problem when it comes to good vs bad legendaries on high-end progression, or playing multiple specs, there's just too many legendaries per class (15-20 for 1 class is just way too many)

It's a tight call between RNG and class design. RNG might just take it. A game shouldn't rely on RNG this much to keep people playing, it isn't healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's because you've been lucky enough to get two legendaries in a short space of time. Others aren't so fortunate.

Deleted
    I personally have to say Mythic+. Getting invited is so much dependant on your class. Also the warforged/titanforged system. I miss the time when dungeons and raids awarded same loot for everyone, and not based on your luck. Currently I also see a lot of players with 880+ ilvl and have no idea how to play their class, thanks to RNG loot.

I'm so burned out from farming AP and legendaries I'm currently not really playing the game anymore. Just afking at AH and making tons of gold and waiting for other games to come out to play. Will be back for 7.2, at least for a moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I only play casually as well, and have 4 characters with 2-3 legendaries each, but I can see the problem when it comes to good vs bad legendaries on high-end progression, or playing multiple specs, there's just too many legendaries per class (15-20 for 1 class is just way too many)
    That's true, it's bad when it doesnt drop the one you want :S

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    It's a tight call between RNG and class design. RNG might just take it. A game shouldn't rely on RNG this much to keep people playing, it isn't healthy.

That's because you've been lucky enough to get two legendaries in a short space of time.
    Diablo 3 does, but that's a game centered around gear and still people quit after a while when the RNG becomes to time consuming to beat.
    Character progression in MMORPGs should be about working toward something tangible in order to move further into the game. Not only can you never complete the thing you're working towards, you can keep moving in the game even if you ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Diablo 3 does, but that's a game centered around gear and still people quit after a while when the RNG becomes to time consuming to beat.
    Character progression in MMORPGs should be about working toward something tangible in order to move further into the game. Not only can you never complete the thing you're working towards, you can keep moving in the game even if you ignore it.
    Yeah but Diablo 3 is as you said, built on that style. The only things you can work towards in legion are what, Artifact power (if you want to go mad), reputations (lol), you could say professions but even they have unecessary RNG, and timewalking. Am I missing something? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    I miss the time when dungeons and raids awarded same loot for everyone, and not based on your luck.
    there has never been such a time.

if we're talking vanilla, there were epic items that you could get in 5 mans that did have stupidly low drop chances, there wasn't an epic for everyone.

if we're talking tbc, again last boss dungeon epics were a thing and were low drops, along with heroic badge farming where some ppl could fly past others in the first tier.

if we're talking wrath, again, dungeon bosses with low drop epics at the end. and again with badge gear.

today we have no actual badge vendor, we have time walking, lfr, mythic +.. WF/TF rolls are exactly the same as getting an old dungeon epic. its the rng that was lost when bosses lost their 1 unique epic drop.

If i had to run UBRS 50 to 100 times to get my rogue a felstriker, its no different to me running m+ 100 times for a trinket to roll titan forged. no different at all.

WF/TF isn't something you should be relying on, its the 'oh cool look at that' element of loot gathering, some item might roll higher and last longer, there is nothing inherently wrong with that. the game is obviously balanced around the occasional item rolling higher.

if its not affecting the balance who cares, you get small chances at loot lasting longer and being harder to replace. not a big game breaking problem. it actually makes for more interesting gear options you will end up with trinkets from various tiers at various ilvls and have to make a decision on which are going to perform the best, instead of everything above x content automatically being better every time.. there was no decision making in the past t4 loot was better than dungeon gear, t5 was better than t4, t6 was better than t5, if you were wearing a t5 trinket and a t6 one dropped it was a no brainer automatic upgrade, no thought required. less decisions.

talk about luck with rng, when i was raiding in vanilla, Ragnaros didn't drop t2 priest legs for over 30 kills, i think it ended up being about 37 or 38 kills before he dropped 1 pair of transcendence legs.. don't talk to me about rng. WF/TF is TAME compared to the randomness of classic loot drops the dungeon epic drops were really rare way way way more rare than seeing a piece of gear roll TF.

now imagine your one of 9 priests wanting t2 gear, well we spent a whole year farming molten core and only me and one other priest got t2 legs before tbc came along 7 dudes didn't get them at all many many many many other class t2 legs got Disenchanted before i saw mine. if you think rng is bad today all i can do is fucking LOL. its phenomenally better today than it was in the past.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-21 at 05:44 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    WF/TF isn't something you should be relying on, its the 'oh cool look at that' element of loot gathering, some item might roll higher and last longer, there is nothing inherently wrong with that.
    Exactly, you can still target the MINIMUM itemlevel by doing the content (which right now is 900-910 unmodified in Mythic NH, and people should aim for that first and foremost, anything beyond that is a bonus.

Sure if people want to farm 925 gear in normal or heroic nighthold or mid-mythic+, go ahead, but don't complain that mythic nighthold has a higher chance to go beyond 915-925 when it drops 900-910 Base :P