Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d236d350ff21

It happened days after Trump said his bullshit, and nothing was happening before that. He just made it up. This however was a small incident, that happened because a guy was arrested for Drug charges and a bunch of his friends came out and got very upset. Burned some cars, stole a camera from a Reporter, and did pretty much nothing else.

Of all the crime in Sweden for the past 4-5 years, less than 1% is from immigrants. ... This is another Fox news spin... trying to make incendiary statements about Immigrants to get a rise out of the right. So they can say "SEEE... SEEEE... TRUMP WAS RIGHT... SEEEE..." It's bullshit. No one was killed, it was NOT a terrorist event. They didnt kill a bunch of people in a suicide bomb... they didnt blow anyone up. They Burned some cars, in a extreme lapse of judgement over their arrested friend. (people do more than that when their football team loses)

The Right REALLY needs to stop blowing things out of proportion. You know the left is fighting so hard against you because you are being such douche bags about everything.

Can you not even TRY to find a middle ground that the left could possibly agree on with you? Why does it HAVE to go fully off the Right edge.
    I don't find it a redeeming factor that the unmentionable brown people tend to cause property damage for being upset, and they get upset like little girls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The people that complain loudest about immigrants tend to be welfare leeches themselves.
    Why would anyone that lives off the welfare system give a shit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    My point was that them being immigrants isn't as relevant. Them being immigrants is a factor in what's made them disenfranchised, poor, uneducated and just not part of their new country. I'm saying it's got more to do with social and economical situations. I see, meet, know and hear of many immigrants from many places that do just fine. But they never make the headlines.
    It's not just immigrants, it's immigrants from specific places. You never hear about vietnamese, chinese, thai, british, finnish, norwegian, danish or korean immigrants pulling shit like this. It's pretty much contained to balkan/east europeans and arabs and africans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Anecdotal from a Smålänning, but pretty much most people here on welfare do complain about refugees being leeches while leeching on the system themselves lol
    Not sure what this has to do with what I said. What was claimed was that people who complain about refugees are welfare leeches. Not that people who are on welfare complain about refugees. 2 different things.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-02-21 at 05:30 PM.

If you base all this on th fact that not everyone has assimilated, then you've got a flimsy base for your argument because OBVIOUSLY that's gonna happen and nothing I can say or do will "prove you wrong" because as long as there's a single immigrant that hasn't assimilated you think you're still right.
    I don't need to use the hyperbole you are, to make my point. My point is not what you claim it to be. My point is that there have been far too many, far to fast, for them all to have assimilated. Adjusting for population, the US has never taken in high numbers like this, at any point in history. We have historically had massive waves of Irish, of Italians, of Jews. These waves were so large, it changed our history, literally. And we had big problems with them assimilating for a short while (typically just one generation). What Sweden has done, DWARFS the numbers, per capita, of every one of those massive immigration waves in US history. I think that is a noteworthy figure.

Also, it doesn't matter if everyone thinks I'm right, or if I think I'm right and you don't. This is a discussion forum. We know going in we will not all be in agreement. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    r/The_Donald. its all you need to get the real news folks
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Why would anyone that lives off the welfare system give a shit?
    Because theyre frustrated and angry and want to blame someone for their misfortune. They also want to belong to something greater, because their life is shit, so they adopt a cause.
    That's how many extremists are born, no?

Deleted
    Most of the time the extreme right wingers and those you mention are, well...leeches themselves in some form. Often uneducated, often not from urban areas. But that's just my anecdotes.
    Being against taking refugees does not make someone an extreme right winger, that's where your bias comes in. There's been a huge plurality(More who thinks we should take less than who thinks we should take more) and in some cases even a small majority who have been against taking (more) refugees for years if you have been following opinion polls.

So, you're calling just about 30-40% of the population extreme right wingers, if not more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You're being ridiculous.
    Perhaps. But anyone who thinks there literally has just been no issues that arose from this massive refugee effort just has their head in the sand, or is being so intellectually dishonest, it's not even worth debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    I don't find it a redeeming factor that the unmentionable brown people tend to cause property damage for being upset, and they get upset like little girls
    So property destruction only happens when brown people are rioting?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't know, how is it being critical of the refugees to call Swedish men "cucks" and say that the Swedish people deserve what they get...?
    I certainly never said that, and I pay little attention to the more juvenile of the posters. Perhaps you should do the same. /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I know of 4 places in Sweden. Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and Rinkeby.
    That is 3 places, Rinkeby is part of Stockholm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Perhaps. But anyone who thinks there literally has just been no issues that arose from this massive refugee effort just has their head in the sand, or is being so intellectually dishonest, it's not even worth debate.
    I agree with what you're saying, sadly these very much REAL points of discussion are being clouded by the hyperbole and false news reports that those with an agenda are peddling.

Wonder how they explain the fact that the details around this riot are being very much reported and under big scrutiny by our newspapers... considering the right-wingers claim Swedish media covers shit up if it involves "immigrants" (most of these boys are second generation or even third generation)...

I could not disagree more. The POINT of the threads, if there is anything nefarious, is to be critical of REFUGEES, not Swedes. I have no idea how anyone but the most shallow of thinkers could see it as intended to bash the Swedes.
    Sorry I wasn't trying to group up every post and every thread on the topic. I'm just saying that these threads have been and still are (to a lesser extent) full of people doing precisely that Whether that is their intention or that is the "part of the thread worth paying attention to" is neither here nor there

You're absolutely correct that there are threads to which the above quote applies. But that isn't the entirety of commentary about Sweden regarding immigration
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    The alt right invoking sweden again.

They really need a scapegoat here, dont they?

In the USA, 12.000 people get killed by gun homicides every year.

Sweden has 250 homicides in total every year. But not by guns. In total.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-02-21 at 05:35 PM.

My point was that them being immigrants isn't as relevant. Them being immigrants is a factor in what's made them disenfranchised, poor, uneducated and just not part of their new country. I'm saying it's got more to do with social and economical situations. I see, meet, know and hear of many immigrants from many places that do just fine. But they never make the headlines.
    But, you are fighting a straw man. I never said anything of the sort.

I am not saying at all that there have been none who fit in. I'm saying the high numbers of the ones brought in, make it hard for them to assimilate as quickly as perhaps those from a more similar culture would. If they can live in their own world, effectively living in a nation inside a nation, that only slows assimilation.

We have problems with this in the US. In fact, any immigration problem you can imagine, we have dealt with it. The notion that America has nothing of value to add to a discussion about immigration, is preposterous.

Deleted
    I don't need to use the hyperbole you are, to make my point. My point is not what you claim it to be. My point is that there have been far too many, far to fast, for them all to have assimilated. Adjusting for population, the US has never taken in high numbers like this, at any point in history. We have historically had massive waves of Irish, of Italians, of Jews. These waves were so large, it changed our history, literally. And we had big problems with them assimilating for a short while (typically just one generation). What Sweden has done, DWARFS the numbers, per capita, of every one of those massive immigration waves in US history. I think that is a noteworthy figure.

Also, it doesn't matter if everyone thinks I'm right, or if I think I'm right and you don't. This is a discussion forum. We know going in we will not all be in agreement. /shrug
    You don't even live in my country and you assume to act like you know it better than me? You know nothing.
    You can't compare immigration that occurred a hundred years ago to how it occurs today, especially not when you're talking about immigration during early 1900s, where the discrimination and racism that lead to those problems was much more prevalent and assimilation didn't occur because the new arrivals were seen as lesser people.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the level of safety has changed, and it has changed from doing something we also do. They are a great example of what can happen if you take in too many, too fast, that are from vastly different cultures and have problems assimilating.
    Their level of safety has changed from doing something we also do? What?

Let's get it straight. There is no immigrant crime wave in Sweden. Immigration to Sweden has been increasing since 2005.

Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    You don't even live in my country and you assume to act like you know it better than me? You know nothing.
    You can't compare immigration that occurred a hundred years ago to how it occurs today, especially not when you're talking about immigration during early 1900s, where the discrimination and racism that lead to those problems was much more prevalent and assimilation didn't occur because the new arrivals were seen as lesser people.
    Assimilation isn't happening in Sweden today either. We're a multicultural state, assimilation is bad. Swedes must be integrated into the new sweden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Let's get it straight. There is no immigrant crime wave in Sweden.
    You're free to back this up with some data, you know. Preferably which shows it by a breakdown by region the immigrants come from and their crime rates compared to Swedes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So property destruction only happens when brown people are rioting?
    I don't count Antifa cucks as people. My skin crawls every time I see a person so dead inside.

Edit: I can feel the stares on me already - no, I don't tend to count rioters as reasonable people unless it's a heavy cause behind it. I'm axiomatic by nature, and people who have such massive hissy fits that they can't control themselves don't get much respect.
    Last edited by mmoc9109f27466; 2017-02-21 at 05:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
    half n half.. but have you ever actually looked there?