Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL - nice try.
    What did I do wrong? Less caps maybe, or perhaps some more adjectives? I'm trying to get a feel for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    You don't get to call anyone a chickenshit when you're in favor of suckerpunching political opposition and then running away. Text book definition of a coward.

And what you mouthbreathers fail to realize is that most people don't actually defend the "nazis" or "fascists" due to any misguided support for the ideology, but for the rule of law that is paramount to the orderly running of our society. Political violence is wrong. Period. If you think otherwise, I suggest you "American as apple pie" dumbasses fuck off to Africa or some other tribal 3rd world shithole where it's still ok to hurt those you disagree with.
    I haven't seen anyone advocate a change in legal code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    im just trying to understand your logic. if nazis in america do pose the level of threat necessary to justify violence then whatever level of violence is necessary to eliminate that threat is justified.
    That's.....bizarre. Violence is a tool that should be tailored the the problem at hand. You wouldn't want American soldiers just flattening towns in Iraq I hope?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Battle of Cable Street was basically the death knell of British fascism.
    This. And there's a well-known quote from Der Fuhrer himself that what would have stopped his movement in its infancy was sudden, violent opposition. Instead, people tried to take the moral high ground and speak in favor of peaceful opposition, which let the Nazi party grab power little by little because they didn't care about peaceful opposition. Over in the UK, however, fascist movements were met with violent response and they died in their infancy.

Any ideology that consists of advocating genocide, I can't say I'm sorry to hear an advocate got cold-cocked. Sure, it's assault, sure, if they find the guy who did it, arrest him accordingly. We have laws in place to punish people who assault others. But I'm not about to tell people not to punch a Nazi because it might huwt his feewings.

As to why the punchers are often masked, it's because there's a thing called doxxing. Shortly after that one douchebag got coldcocked mid-interview, a neo-Nazi organization immediately put a bounty out for any personal info available on the puncher, and if you think the people on /pol/ who aren't there being edgy shitheads won't dox someone I've got oceanfront property in Idaho with your name on it. Same reason so many people who took part in the Scientology protests were masked; it's not out of shame or fear or whatever, it's taking care not to open yourself up to violent reprisal from organizations known for violent reprisal. Hypocritical given the situation, sure, but when's the last time you heard a neo-Nazi gang called it even at a punch in the face?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think people are just against violence.
    In general I am too. But there comes a time where words won't do anything to change things.

If we in the U. S. all stood by non-violence, then we can turn in our guns, disband our military, and truly open the borders.

Yes, it is a little hyperbolic, but you see what I mean.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What did I do wrong? Less caps maybe, or perhaps some more adjectives? I'm trying to get a feel for this.

Yes, only use caps for EMPHASIS (but not over-emphasis).

You wouldn't want American soldiers just flattening towns in Iraq I hope?
    The world didn't want American soldiers in Iraq (PERIOD)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of disappointing the guy isn't charging him for assault. Being a Neo-Nazi doesn't excuse others for breaking the law regardless of the "moral" highground the guy thinks he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In general I am too. But there comes a time where words won't do anything to change things.

If we in the U. S. all stood by non-violence, then we can turn in our guns, disband our military, and truly open the borders.

Yes, it is a little hyperbolic, but you see what I mean.
    I mean, I get what you mean, but defending a country is different than just curb stomping nazis. How many people do you think they are truly recruiting? How much harm/violence are they themselves causing? I honestly haven't much. I see more stories about them getting punched than anything. Like I hate that Jersey Shore exists, and I truly think its vile, harmful trash. But should I smash peoples faces or televisions for watching it?

That's.....bizarre. Violence is a tool that should be tailored the the problem at hand. You wouldn't want American soldiers just flattening towns in Iraq I hope?
    the only reason we would find that objectionable is the collateral damage and potential harm to innocents.

the reason violence can be justified is if it is used to stop unjustified violence, therefor you are only justified in using the minimal level of violence necessary to stop the threat. ineffectual violence is by its nature unjustified as it has no positive impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I would not have supported such a travel ban if any president had done it.

I'm going to go ahead and side with freedom, thanks.
    Not even talking about the travel ban, talking about the criteria used to named those place a high risk area.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If I was passing out flyers about white power and the American Nazi Party I'd expect to be punched in the face. Not sure if it would happen as I'm female but I'd expect it nonetheless.

Should we be punching people? No. What do you suggest we do regarding this neo-Nazi uprising, since conservatives seem to hate protest rallies? Just sit around and twiddle our thumbs and hope they go away?
    Hate speech. Incitement of violence. Plenty of things to find on Nazis to legally punish them for. They kinda make it extremely easy. And if one wants to go the "the freedom of anti-freedom movements isn't be respected" route mentioned aplenty in this thread, then delegilizing Nazis like half of Europe did seems to be more sensible way to go at things than "lel, it's OK for people to break law in this case, moral highground all ze way!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Obama never said, "let's ban Muslims from entering the US". Which was Trump's initial rhetoric.

We had travel bans to countries like Cuba for years, whether or not you agree with it (I didn't).
    Who said he did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I mean, I get what you mean, but defending a country is different than just curb stomping nazis. How many people do you think they are truly recruiting? How much harm/violence are they themselves causing? I honestly haven't much. I see more stories about them getting punched than anything. Like I hate that Jersey Shore exists, and I truly think its vile, harmful trash. But should I smash peoples faces or televisions for watching it?
    Consider the KKK. They have more recruits than people realize. They just stay out of the public eye (for the most part). Im sure there are enough neo nazis who don't allow the public to know about them. After all, exposing yourself as a white supremacist comes with consequences, such as getting punched in the face.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Consider the KKK. They have more recruits than people realize. They just stay out of the public eye (for the most part). Im sure there are enough neo nazis who don't allow the public to know about them. After all, exposing yourself as a white supremacist comes with consequences, such as getting punched in the face.
    I hate the KK just like I do the Nazis. But what are THOSE idiots doing these days? Not much? Even if they didn't unite under the idiotic banner or KKK/Nazism... wouldn't they still just be moronic racists, sitting in their basements not doing much but thinking about those "damn minorities?"

So when will it be ok to punch a communist?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Kind of disappointing the guy isn't charging him for assault. Being a Neo-Nazi doesn't excuse others for breaking the law regardless of the "moral" highground the guy thinks he had.
    Because he knows he fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Equally stupid is thinking you can just punch anyone in the face if you disagree with what they're saying. If the guys doing something illegal, let the authorities deal with him. Otherwise, suck it up or get an assault charge. Whatever works for ya.
    so all the people who fought in world war 2 are stupid? okay bro
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    So when will it be ok to punch a communist?
    It will only be OK, if he hacked the DNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so all the people who fought in world war 2 are stupid? okay bro
    so you hate pizza? okay bro

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    ....fail to realize is that most people don't actually defend the "nazis" or "fascists" due to any misguided support for the ideology, but for the rule of law that is paramount to the orderly running of our society.
    My thought every time I see a post like Bapestars or similar.

Its a sad fucking affair when what you are debating gets washed out because the least important part, someone being a shithead nazi is all people can focus on.

It is a lose-lose situation. Try and debate the underlying reasons and get labeled a nazi lover. Its disgusting.

Either we are a nation of laws or a nation of mobs.