Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I got tired of head hunters calling me so I deleted my account.
    Just remove your phone number

meh, people invite me cause they want to get on my good side..

in that place, you are either the leecher or the leechee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I keep hearing people talk about how companies will check your social media account before they hire you, but what happens if you don't have Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc...? Do you just not get hired or what?
    I've also been curious of this, i have a facebook account but ive nevr used it other than for messenger, i think the only activity on my page is when i changed my profile picture about 4 years ago, i have a stack overflow and a github account, thats about as close to social networking i get.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I used to maintain a profile there, but de-activated it after a few members here attempted to use information from it to attack my family.
    Seriously? Damn lol. Some people take stuff here too serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I got called few times to job interviews. I didn't got job over it.

- - - Updated - - -

That is good question because I wonder the same. I know for a fact that our company is checking Facebook of its own employees. I have FB, Twitter and LinkedIn but I rarely use FB, it's just there opened and filled up account. For Twitter, I tweet about all kind of shits but not about the job where I work and linkedn is more of a online portfolio profile or someting like that.
    what are they looking for on your FB? making sure your not a racist and what not? making sure i click "like" to end world hunger?

ive been at my job since before Fb was even out . im just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Three times to be exact.

I know exactly where they get it from because some of the information is outdated. I only wish I could see their face when they see my level of military and civilian education.

I'm not always the most articulate here, because..well...whats the fucking point? Most people in this forum, not all mind you, but most, are so ingrained in their beliefs that there isn't a hope of having a civil dialogue.

In short, I come on here to see the world burn.

Three times to be exact.

I know exactly where they get it from because some of the information is outdated. I only wish I could see their face when they see my level of military and civilian education.

I'm not always the most articulate here, because..well...whats the fucking point? Most people in this forum, not all mind you, but most, are so ingrained in their beliefs that there isn't a hope of having a civil dialogue.

In short, I come on here to see the world burn.
    How did they even find you to begin with? I remember you used to have a facepic (if that was even you, but duh?)... and I guess your name is Tony? Seems stalkerish to me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What do you make of Linkedin?

Have you gotten a job through networking on this site? It seems like it's more useful for some careers than others.
    I have never been to their site but, every salesman I know is always trying to invite me there. I assume any and all networking tools are worthwhile for people in sales.

How did they even find you to begin with? I remember you used to have a facepic (if that was even you, but duh?)... and I guess your name is Tony? Seems stalkerish to me, lol.
    Yeah, I believe they did a pic search, being as I used that pic for almost every online profile I had, it was bound to turn up something. Dumb on my end. I'd put the names out there, but don't wanna deal with another Endus ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I have never been to their site but, every salesman I know is always trying to invite me there. I assume any and all networking tools are worthwhile for people in sales.
    Why the heck do I want to be in sales unless I'm a fresh grad working part time or I'm unemployed and desperate?

Why the heck do I want to be in sales unless I'm a fresh grad working part time or I'm unemployed and desperate?
    I have no idea. Why are you asking me?

You seem to be unaware how much people can make in sales though. It all depends on what you are selling, and how good you are at it. All of my friends my age, who are in sales, make over six figures. /shrug

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I made one a long while back, got a decent job in about three days after my initial profile creation and resume upload, and later was forced to ignore and disable it from people trying to employ/recruit me into things, spamming my connected email and phone.

Never really needed it, and I ultimately quit my job to work from home a few weeks later. I make about the same amount at home that I was at work, only here, I can relax whenever I wish, within reason, set my own schedule, be with family/pets, play my games (like WoW, etc.), utilize my hobbies, and generally be significantly happier.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I keep hearing people talk about how companies will check your social media account before they hire you, but what happens if you don't have Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc...? Do you just not get hired or what?
    I keep hearing this as well, on forums, but I have never experienced this. I've got friends in the software industry working at large and small companies all over the country and I've never heard any of them talk about this having happened to them.

What job fields are doing this to their employees?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I keep hearing this as well, on forums, but I have never experienced this. I've got friends in the software industry working at large and small companies all over the country and I've never heard any of them talk about this having happened to them.

What job fields are doing this to their employees?
    As a former corporate recruiter, i'll say it's true.

10+ Year Old Account

Have you gotten a job through networking on this site? It seems like it's more useful for some careers than others.
    While I was going through college everyone was like, "What?!?! You don't have linkedin... YOU HAVE TO GET IT!" Even today that same school of business pushed that white collar facebook like they're penny stocks. Yet I have NEVER heard of anyone getting a job or not getting a job because of their linkedin profile.

Also endorsements... what the actual fuck. So sally in accounts payable endorsed my excel skills... what the fuck does Sally know? She's a dumb cunt!

10+ Year Old Account
    My last job required us to have an up to date profile. Since I left that job for my current one I've deactivated my account. I'm currently at my dream job. At least until my wife and I have gotten to the point where we can retire and then my job will be getting drunk and sleeping in a hammock on a tropical beach somewhere.

Mechanical Engineering is my profession, FYI.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-02-21 at 11:59 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    As a former corporate recruiter, i'll say it's true.
    What type of company(ies)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten personal threats through pm. Guy threatening to come up to Canada and such.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What type of company(ies)?
    Well, without disclosing too much about myself (learned that lesson) I work for a fortune 50 finance/insurance company and before accepting my current position, worked as a corporate recruiter.

It's good for some and bad for others. Apparently if you're dual careered, it doesn't give much room for both in terms of how you're listed or so I've heard. I've gotten more job information from Indeed and other sites that actually give your info to employers rather than them having to actively find you.

- - - Updated - - -

See the thread about Nazi punching where we have a mod endorsing punching people over their opinions right now and keeps insisting it should be applauded to punch someone over their opinions if they don't equate to hers.