Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Those were one time expenditures.

If they bring back the old models, it effectively doubles the creation time for armor, as it has to be designed for both the old and new models.
    That shouldn't be a problem if blizz abstracts their code correctly.

And At least bring back old BE/NE models for none-DH classes

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I cant believe facebook/twitter integration, selfi camera and pet battle dungeon doesn't waste more resources than bringing back old models.
    ...and? Here's an idea: Apply for a job at Blizzard. Sit in your cubicle eight hours a day, five days a week. Make sure you have a cover sheet on each one of your TPS reports. Go the extra mile and get noticed by your boss. Work your way up the middle management food chain. Get a job in the department which handles Blizzard's resources. And then make the ever-crucial decision to implement old models because I'm sure there are literally dozens of people demanding it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean do they have the tech for this?
    I think it's exactly this reason. They probably phase out the tools that the older models was build from and hence have limited support for them
    I mean why can't we still continue to use floppy disk?

New models = strange face + dirty skins (looks like never take a shower) + low resolution hair imo
    You can still use the old models. They've just all been set to use the new animation rigs, which have nothing to do with faces, skins, and hair.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    But floppy discs are so much more fashionable and come in so many colors! I can't possibly comprehend why they became obsolete. Surely this is some kind of conspiracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    I think it's exactly this reason. They probably phase out the tools that the older models was build from and hence have limited support for them
    You can still use floppy disk or a CD ROM if you have drivers

But you should still get old models for the none DH classes at least.
    Except they added new animations that wouldn't work with the old models for a lot of classes.

You can bet old models will be disabled eventually.

It makes no sense to keep updating old models whenever something is added to the game. This includes new head gear, customization options, skins (even for NPC-only skins!), new animations and, in demon hunters, animations/horns/tatoos and so on. Updating old models is doubling the work for minimal benefit.

Sorry that you don't like new models, but the best you can hope now is for Blizzard to include skins/faces that you like in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    The point of the game is to progress and move forward? Why would you wanna go back and use outdated stuff?
    The new models are horrible looking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    The new models are horrible looking.
    Yeah. I hate new models too.

cause old models are shit

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

They defo can but that's unnecessary hustle. As someone mentioned they had upgraded skeletons, so now we have 3D-ish armour, better animations, etc. So essentially they'd have to overhaul old models once again to give them new skeletons, hm.... but... that sounds familiar, damn...

IIRC, you're studying something SE-related. In software development backwards compatibility is often maintained until it becomes a hindrance, otherwise it is removed or isn't even implemented in the first place. That's the case here, they kept both old textures and old models w/ skeletons intact until it's reasonable, but then they ditched old skeletons.

However, I do agree that many of new models need some love, for instance, fem belves have serious clipping issues T_T
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-22 at 04:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    cause new models are shit

10+ Year Old Account
    If they allow players to use old models then every future gear item will have to be designed with that in mind. Thats extra work for a very very small percentage of the playbase that cares about this. It might even limit their gear design if future ideas simply are impossible for the old models.

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Deleted
    That shouldn't be a problem if blizz abstracts their code correctly.

And At least bring back old BE/NE models for none-DH classes
    What you complained about isn't changed in the old models, what are you crying about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    If they allow players to use old models then every future gear item will have to be designed with that in mind. Thats extra work for a very very small percentage of the playbase that cares about this. It might even limit their gear design if future ideas simply are impossible for the old models.
    very very small percentage is just your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    What you complained about isn't changed in the old models, what are you crying about?
    bring back old BE/NE models for none-DH classes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

No, you thinking that the majority of people complain about this is delusional.
    Please bring back support for Windows 95

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    No, you thinking that the majority of people complain about this is delusional.
    No, you thinking that the minority of people complain about this is delusional.

Just do what the pro-Legacy people did and have Mark Kern print out a change.org petition with hundreds of thousands of signatures and hand deliver it to Mike Morhaime.