15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    One gender doesn't make ANY SENSE. Gender must be at least binary to have a meaning.
    It doesn't have to be Binary. Regardless of how you want to argue it the game refers to Asari as having one gender, and that being Female. It doesn't mean the same as for other races because they can still reproduce. The official codex for the Asari refers to them as an all female race. If you can't wrap your head around that being a thing it is fine. But don't try to argue anything different when the game lore clearly states it as such.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cod...il_Races#Asari

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't read into that much. Because codex is written from Human (in-game) perspective. Parthenogenesis says it all. Asexual reproduction. They only refer to them as females because they give birth. Labeled by association. Anthropomorphism.
    Goddess, Matriach, Madien, huntress, daughters, She, Her, etc. The Asari themselves use feminine titles and pronouns. They identify as females. The Asari don't label themselves as females just because they give birth. They were even created by Bioware to fill the "Green alien girls" trope made popular by Star Trek. They are female no ifs, ands, or buts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Yep there is a theory that Tim was behind the Andromida Initiative and that Cora is his daughter. Discussed at length some pages back. But the fact she and TIM share a last name, guns only Cerberus used like the the Hornet are used by the Andromida Initiative and the fact that when asked about it recently the devs have given cagey answers point to it.
    He may be involved but the presence of his daughter is not proof of that. Remember Cerberus is about Humans over everyone else. Cora on the other hand has trained and worked with Asari commandos and is not the typical Cerberus propaganda. What is more likely is that Cerberus pulled strings to get Cora out of the system because of the Reapers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It doesn't have to be Binary. Regardless of how you want to argue it the game refers to Asari as having one gender, and that being Female. It doesn't mean the same as for other races because they can still reproduce. The official codex for the Asari refers to them as an all female race. If you can't wrap your head around that being a thing it is fine. But don't try to argue anything different when the game lore clearly states it as such.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cod...il_Races#Asari

- - - Updated - - -

Goddess, Matriach, Madien, huntress, daughters, She, Her, etc. The Asari themselves use feminine titles and pronouns. They identify as females. The Asari don't label themselves as females just because they give birth. They were even created by Bioware to fill the "Green alien girls" trope made popular by Star Trek. They are female no ifs, ands, or buts.
    Codex is not lore. Codex is Systems Alliance's perspective on things. It's in-game stuff. What ME humans think.

I'll quote myself
    According to Liara, "male and female have no real meaning for us," and, if asked, says that she is "not precisely a woman." At the same time, asari are often viewed as an all-female race, including by the Codex and by the Galactic Codex: Essentials Edition 2183.
    This is directly from Asari from the game.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

He may be involved but the presence of his daughter is not proof of that. Remember Cerberus is about Humans over everyone else. Cora on the other hand has trained and worked with Asari commandos and is not the typical Cerberus propaganda. What is more likely is that Cerberus pulled strings to get Cora out of the system because of the Reapers.
    A lot of people are jumping waaaay too quick on the theory that Cora is TIM's daughter. I mean, just because she shares the same last name? Hmmmm news flash, there's 6.5 billion human beings. People sharing a last name is incredibly common.

If we see a human character named Anderson, it doesn't necessarily means they're related to Admiral Anderson, just like if we see another one named Williams, wont necessarily means they're one of Ashley's siblings.

Me, until I see tangible evidence that Cora is TIM's daughter, I'm automatically assuming she's not. For all we know, bioware is just trying to avert the trope of the One Steve Limit.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../OneSteveLimit

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    A lot of people are jumping waaaay too quick on the theory that Cora is TIM's daughter. I mean, just because she shares the same last name? Hmmmm news flash, there's 6.5 billion human beings. People sharing a last name is incredibly common.

If we see a human character named Anderson, it doesn't necessarily means they're related to Admiral Anderson, just like if we see another one named Williams, wont necessarily means they're one of Ashley's siblings.

Me, until I see tangible evidence that Cora is TIM's daughter, I'm automatically assuming she's not. For all we know, bioware is just trying to avert the trope of the One Steve Limit.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../OneSteveLimit
    Also:
    https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/...42467231305728

When asked if Cerberus had anything to do with the Andromeda Initiative:

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Walters
    Not likely. Cerberus was too busy rebuilding Shep or preparing for the imminent arrival of you-know-who... #Reapers
    While not an outright denial, he isn't being coy either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Codex is not lore. Codex is Systems Alliance's perspective on things. It's in-game stuff. What ME humans think.
    So humans also named their life stages, madien, matron, and matriarch? Humans also forced Asari to use she and her? To call their fighters huntress? Even if the codex is purely 100% human written the Asari are still a one gender female only race. Male and Female like humans see it doesn't apply to Asari and that is all your quote indicates.

They are still a Female only race. That is how Bioware created them. But I suppose you know more then the creators right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Also:
    https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/...42467231305728

When asked if Cerberus had anything to do with the Andromeda Initiative:

While not an outright denial, he isn't being coy either.
    Then he tweets stuff like this https://twitter.com/gamblemike/statu...865536?lang=en
    That's right, folks. AI. Not VI. Wonder how that happened....

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't really relate to Cerberus in any overt way.

Especially since the AI in Andromeda is no secret. "His" (the AI) introduction will probably be like "blah blah outside of council space we are no longer subject to the ban on artificial intelligence and we needed every advantage we could get blah blah..."

The whole name thing is just a part of it. The most damning evidence is the presence of the Hornet, a gun exclusively used by Cerberus in 3. And SAM who feels a hell of a lot like EDI 2.0. DadRyder is a Vi/AI expert and a veteran of the first contact war. You can bet your ass TIM would have at least considered him when he was deciding who to build EDI, hell dad Ryder was probably the one who programmed the Moon VI EDI was made from. SAM is the natural successor to EDI, a EDI merged with humans through implants.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole name thing is just a part of it. The most damning evidence is the presence of the Hornet, a gun exclusively used by Cerberus in 3. And SAM who feels a hell of a lot like EDI 2.0. DadRyder is a Vi/AI expert and a veteran of the first contact war. You can bet your ass TIM would have at least considered him when he was deciding who to build EDI, hell dad Ryder was probably the one who programmed the Moon VI EDI was made from. SAM is the natural successor to EDI, a EDI merged with humans through implants.
    Yeah and if we were shooting the shit completely in the dark with no information on the game I would agree with you... But the guy that wrote the damn game says "no Cerberus"...

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah and if we were shooting the shit completely in the dark with no information on the game I would agree with you... But the guy that wrote the damn game says "no Cerberus"...
    I mean he said "unlikely," Not a hard no like he gave when asked if Reapers would turn up. And we don't really know how classified SAM will be in game, Ya he is in the AI briefings, but we don't know how cannon the briefings are. The briefings he appears in makes it seem like you are going to be apart of the Tempests crew, not just some random alliance civilian. Its possible no one outside of the crew knows exactly what SAM is.

I'm not saying Cerberus controls the whole Initiative but they have to be involved. The Hornet proves it, it's used exclusively by Cerberus in ME3. Yet the Andromeda initiative has it, even though it was launched between 2 and 3. If the Hornet was introduced in 2 the case could be made that the Andromeda Initiative obtained it without direct Cerberus involvement, but the Hornet wasn't developed yet in 2. The Hornet had to have been finalized after ME 2 just when the Andromeda Initiative was about to leave, and given to them by Cerberus.

The codex should be taken with a grain of salt. Some of what it says just doesn't match what is shown in game. Largely regarding the Reapers. It is stated that the vast majority of them are the smaller versions which can be taken out by fighters in the right circumstances. It also goes on to say that there real strength is their shields. But once those are down they aren't too hard to destroy. We saw that in the Battle Of Citadel - Sovereign tanked a fleet until his shields went down and then the Normandy all but one-shotted him. Then there was their weapons which ignored shields. The younger races got their hands on this tech and turned it into the Thanix weapons.

Taken to its logical conclusions the younger races now had a weapon system that would bypass the Reapers best defence, their shields and knock them out. Except what happened in game didn't show that at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The codex should be taken with a grain of salt. Some of what it says just doesn't match what is shown in game. Largely regarding the Reapers. It is stated that the vast majority of them are the smaller versions which can be taken out by fighters in the right circumstances. It also goes on to say that there real strength is their shields. But once those are down they aren't too hard to destroy. We saw that in the Battle Of Citadel - Sovereign tanked a fleet until his shields went down and then the Normandy all but one-shotted him. Then there was their weapons which ignored shields. The younger races got their hands on this tech and turned it into the Thanix weapons.
    Fighters can have Thanix based weapons. They are superior against kinetic barriers because it uses heat to overwhelm shields faster and easier. The reapers are not omnipotent and a swarm, the codex says many, of fighters can be deadly if not taken care of. Most of the Reaper fleet are the smaller destroyer class and not the sovereign class. Again so far nothing has contradicted the codex about the Reapers.

Thanix weapons do not by pass shields. Thanix weapons are no where near close to the full power of a Reaper main gun. The game showed Citadel forces destroying reapers and standing a fighting chance against them. Nothing you've stated about the codex is contradicted by what we saw in the games.

https://youtu.be/tLlAObjR-gs?t=219

Also you call https://youtu.be/wUemlZb9V2s?t=241 an all but one shot? "Hit them with everything we got".

Ya the codex is for the most part written from an alliance officers perspective but he uses the information at hand.

The Asari are for all intents and purposes female tho, even by their own accounts, they have breasts and a birth canal, they have belly buttons meaning they they give birth vaginally with a placenta, they probably have ovaries as well. However, there reproduction is closer to assisted Parthenogenesis than meiosis, though they still need a partner. Unless all life on Thessia is mono gendered female they would have known about genders when developing, and realized they shared attributes with the females of a species. This is especially so when they hit space.

The only thing really separating Asari from human females reproductively speaking is the need for sperm to fertilize the egg, for all we know they could even have periods.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-22 at 02:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the Hornet was introduced in 2 the case could be made that the Andromeda Initiative obtained it without direct Cerberus involvement, but the Hornet wasn't developed yet in 2. The Hornet had to have been finalized after ME 2 just when the Andromeda Initiative was about to leave, and given to them by Cerberus.
    Just because it wasn't seen doesn't mean it wasn't developed. Nothing about the hornet says that Cerberus developed and deployed it only after the timeline of Mass effect 3 started. We also don't know what model the Hornet the AI is using. In ME3 you can also buy it before encountering Cerberus so it is widespread enough that 3rd parties are selling it.

It isn't much of a stretch that a human-first black ops group would supply humans with weapons. Or it could have been bought from a weapons dealer and nothing to do with Cerberus. There is no proof at all. There are just a lot of hints pointing towards something. But that is the catch, sometimes the obvious isn't the answer for a reason. Bioware could easily be throwing up smoke and mirrors with all of these little hints just because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    If it talks like a woman, looks like a woman, acts like a woman, refers to itself as a woman, is treated as a woman by their peers, then it is a woman.
    Actually, Asari refer to the one that doesn't give birth as 'father'.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So humans also named their life stages, madien, matron, and matriarch? Humans also forced Asari to use she and her? To call their fighters huntress? Even if the codex is purely 100% human written the Asari are still a one gender female only race. Male and Female like humans see it doesn't apply to Asari and that is all your quote indicates.
    That's translation into English. You do know Asari native language is not English right? It should be pretty obvious Asari language is gender neutral. Try translating that into gender based language.
    They are still a Female only race. That is how Bioware created them. But I suppose you know more then the creators right?
    Female only and female looking are two different things. They are created genderless. As proven by in-game interactions with Asari.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ who ducking cares if they're aliens or female aliens? Goddam.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    This discussion has been pretty funny to read.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Jesus christ who ducking cares if they're aliens or female aliens? Goddam.
    So in current news.

Players will not have control over squad mates ability use.

For older news the pause for action selection is also gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    So in current news.

Players will not have control over squad mates ability use.

For older news the pause for action selection is also gone.
    Tbh i'm ok with this as long as they don't pull a ME1 liara where she singularities one target.....

Swapping between skill faves will probably take up most of your time anyway