Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Fury Warrior Vs. Havoc Demon Hunter

Hey guys and girls ! So I've been so torn between playing either havoc dh or fury warrior. I'm somewhat casual now because of my work schedule but for that reason as well I don't have time to keep of with both. Can anyone pitch to me as why I should main one or the other? Also I mostly PVE, very very rarely do I PvP. I love the fast paced nature of both and I also love they mobility they have. I'm just so torn between two great speccs!

In terms of performance I would say they're equal. Well, may be with DH being slightly above Fury, but you never know what happens next on the Blizzard Balance Rollercoaster.

I really doubt that somebody will say anything besides "play what you're having the most fun with" because you clearly don't know it yourself judging by your post. The other thing to consider would be legendaries. What do you have?

Personally I would say stick with DH because of utility stuff it provides and being a little bit more nerf-proof (its a "heroic" class flavor of the expansion anyway).

Oh, also you can try Arms more seriously. It's like 3 times more fast paced than Fury. I wouldn't even call Fury that fast paced in the first place.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-02-22 at 10:31 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    In terms of performance I would say they're equal. Well, may be with DH being slightly above Fury, but you never know what happens next on the Blizzard Balance Rollercoaster.

I really doubt that somebody will say anything besides "play what you're having the most fun with" because you clearly don't know it yourself judging by your post. The other thing to consider would be legendaries. What do you have?

Personally I would say stick with DH because of utility stuff it provides and being a little bit more nerf-proof (its a "heroic" class flavor of the expansion anyway).

Oh, also you can try Arms more seriously. It's like 3 times more fast paced than Fury. I wouldn't even call Fury that fast paced in the first place.
    Arms doesn't tickle my fancy I much prefer WOD arms, focused rage is my weakness ! It doesn't sit well. The things that stick out is that fury is a lot more smoother than havoc, and I've had se crazy frustration when my autos don't crit on the dh for fury resource

Play them both? *gasp* It's possible! Really it is! It's so easy to maintain 2-3 characters now there's really no reason you shouldn't.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Play them both? *gasp* It's possible! Really it is! It's so easy to maintain 2-3 characters now there's really no reason you shouldn't.
    I wish I could

Quote Originally Posted by Xfredo View Post
    I wish I could
    You can! Unless you're only able to play an hour or two a week. In which case I can only vouch for Fury Warrior.

id play fury over demon hunter anyday. i know some people that like demon hunter, but personally i cant stand it, i find it to be the most boring (at least the dps spec) spec ive played, of any class. fury on the other hand, i have never not liked fury. (which bodes well for the future imo) if you love fast paced and mobility, both deliver that, as does windwalker.

Dh is FAR FAR FAR better than Warrior in every possible way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    well guess you re a scrub then

Deleted
    Play that class that you feel that YOU perform best with.
    You say that you mainly pve - does that mean heroic dungeons or mythic + ? Or is it "normal" raiding or LFR ? Or just casual world content ?

Play Shadow priest

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Play Shadow priest
    no much of dot gameplay guy, the most i could do is unh dk but thats because dot auto spreads lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Play that class that you feel that YOU perform best with.
    You say that you mainly pve - does that mean heroic dungeons or mythic + ? Or is it "normal" raiding or LFR ? Or just casual world content ?
    thanks you for bringing that up, im thinking maybe a few mythic + 1-3 a week or so full lfr clears and some normal raiding if i have the extra time, extreme case would be heroic raids!

- - - Updated - - -

a little bit more info as to why you believe that? im curious

a little bit more info as to why you believe that? im curious
    - Sustain
    - Mobility
    - Crowd Control
    - Ranged spells
    - Fast paced gameplay

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Sustain
    - Mobility
    - Crowd Control
    - Ranged spells
    - Fast paced gameplay
    besides ranged spells fury offers the same and they have shorter burst windows. see im super torn up lol

besides ranged spells fury offers the same and they have shorter burst windows. see im super torn up lol
    The same ? you can't be serious....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same ? you can't be serious....
    fury has sustain
    it has mobilty
    it has cc if talented into shockwave
    and it really does have fast gameplay

I main DH and it's just not true, Warrior and DH are very similar dps wise. Warrior have got output and sustain damage due to short dps cds. Dh is great in AOE and ST burst. Dh the only thing i don't like is fury gen being nerfed and dependent on crit if you don't have 880+ at least.
    I'm 896 with 4 tier bonus AotHG ring 40% crit 11% haste 33% mastery and 7% versa and still the huge juke of porcs goes on BL and Meta since you have way more haste and it will go to waste a bit chunk of fury.
    Still i enjoy the class, great mobility. Fun as hell to play. Also love the tank spec. So much fun. That's why i play DH. IT'S SO MUCH FUN!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I main DH and it's just not true, Warrior and DH are very similar dps wise. Warrior have got output and sustain damage due to short dps cds. Dh is great in AOE and ST burst. Dh the only thing i don't like is fury gen being nerfed and dependent on crit if you don't have 880+ at least.
    I'm 896 with 4 tier bonus AotHG ring 40% crit 11% haste 33% mastery and 7% versa and still the huge juke of porcs goes on BL and Meta since you have way more haste and it will go to waste a bit chunk of fury.
    Still i enjoy the class, great mobility. Fun as hell to play. Also love the tank spec. So much fun. That's why i play DH. IT'S SO MUCH FUN!
    i kinda dislike the guldan trinket right now for fury because it throws off the cooldowns of battlecry but the only thing i dont like about dh is that the artifact is stationary

Deleted
    Play Shadow priest
    Anomaly: #19
    Trilliax: #22
    Aluriel: #8
    Tich: #15
    Augur: #12
    Krosus: #18
    And then
    Botanist: #1
    Elisande: #3
    Gul'dan: #4
    So 5 of 9 bosses, Shadow's sitting in the mid to bottom tier - 6 of 10 if you were to include Skorp - one is mid tier (Aluriel), but gets inflated because of just how hard it fucks up Botanist.
    Meanwhile, Fury Warrior:
    Anomaly: #4
    Trilliax: #5
    Aluriel: #7
    Tich: #14
    Augur: #4
    Krosus: #6
    Botanist: #21
    Elisande: #19
    Gul'dan: #3
    6 of 9 bosses in the top 8 specs, but somehow rated "just barely better" than Shadow, because of how hard Shadow shitcans Botanist compared to the rest of the bosses in question.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd go fury there's already a ton of people playing demonhunter.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders