Need help with DPS

Need help figuring out why my friends Spriest is doing so low on DPS if u guys can give me some help on how to help him would be greatly appreciated!
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/mVMLFXQ7d3CahKAg#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=5
    Last edited by Chaosryzen; 2017-02-22 at 08:56 AM.

I have the same legendaries, but the suboptimal 4 set right now and about 14 ilvls lower and I still do more dps than he does on Star Augur.

Gear wise it seems fine, so it must be rotational.

It seems that he does Power Infusion early and then void torrents. You generally dont want to overlap the 2 as you get 25% extra insanity gain during PI's duration, meaning you want to use it later on in the rotation (20 stacksish)

He should see a notable dps increase by doing that.

On Star Augur spesifically, he should dot up the big add with VT due to the 2 set bonus. That will somewhat "pad" the meters, but its a direct ST dps increase due to the insanity gain, albeit small. For comparison my execute damage on Star Augur is 1.650 mill - 1.700 mill compared to his 1250.

Without knowing your strat its hard to know if you are doing something different though.

Comparing to my own logs I cast 97 void bolts in a 5:27 fight, while Improbus cast 108 in 6:47, so he might not be casting Void bolt on cooldown which also results in lower dps.

He also delays his Void Bolt after Mind Blast by casting Flay which is generally not ideal. Rotation should be Bolt, Blast, Bolt, Filler, Bolt Blast, Bolt, Filler.
    it is even worth waiting the 0.3 - 0.4 seconds after the Blast to cast Void Bolt straight away due to the insanity gain.

The small "mistakes" he is doing is making his void forms shorter, resulting in lower dps.

For comparison my first Void form lasted roughly 10 seconds longer than his meaning I get a higher haste stacks, longer shadow damage increase and faster into Void form.

TLR:

Need to look at this rotaiton, Dont use PI and VTor together. Dot adds for the insanity gain if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah
    He also delays his Void Bolt after Mind Blast by casting Flay which is generally not ideal. Rotation should be Bolt, Blast, Bolt, Filler, Bolt Blast, Bolt, Filler.
    it is even worth waiting the 0.3 - 0.4 seconds after the Blast to cast Void Bolt straight away due to the insanity gain.
    I've read many discordant things about this, and I thought the ideal rotation (expressed in 'GCDs') was Bolt, Blast, Filler, Bolt, Filler, Filler, repeat - casting the filler after blast even if VB would come off CD in less than a GCD due to the insanity gain of MF. Also sometimes the filler fits perfectly in the VB CD, sometimes not, and I never found a clear answer about what's the best thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    I've read many discordant things about this, and I thought the ideal rotation (expressed in 'GCDs') was Bolt, Blast, Filler, Bolt, Filler, Filler, repeat - casting the filler after blast even if VB would come off CD in less than a GCD due to the insanity gain of MF. Also sometimes the filler fits perfectly in the VB CD, sometimes not, and I never found a clear answer about what's the best thing to do.
    Its dependant on haste really, but if you can fit MF early on without clipping the VB due to the GCD being too long, the general concensus is to wait.

really thanks for the reply Ill be sure to link him this cause I want to bring him into Heroics withus but he just isnt pulling numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosryzen View Post
    really thanks for the reply Ill be sure to link him this cause I want to bring him into Heroics withus but he just isnt pulling numbers.
    Most welcome.

He should really get into the priest discord and read the guides on howtopriest.com if he needs more pointers. They do the math