Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    We can thank the US for radicalizing him.
    Yeah, lord knows that there are basically zero Islamists that arrived at their beliefs due to their own agency, it's basically always because the US are such a bunch of shitlords. As any student of history knows, Islamic radicalism essentially didn't exist until George Washington came around and was rude to a caliphate.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If you are honestly defining imprisoning someone without trial, without charges, and without any legal recourse for two years as being "insufficiently nice" then you are completely delusional.

No, Spectral's statement was next-level mental gymnastics. The idea that someone would be angry against a country for imprisoning him without trial and with no legal recourse is, frankly, pretty fucking obvious.
    If "being angry" makes one perform terrorist attacks, it only proves he was being held for a good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I'm sure you'd love people stealing years of your life without the opportunity to defend yourself, right? That's what I'm getting from your snark.
    I hate people stealing years of my life irregardless of whether I had opportunity to defend myself or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    If "being angry" makes one perform terrorist attacks, it only proves he was being held for a good reason.
    Then they should have charged him, tried him, and sentenced him. You don't get to imprison someone indefinitely without trial just because you think they might be a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    He clearly didn't care about years of his life in this case.
    If he had nothing to live for except a cause I dare say he didn't, no. This isn't me excusing what he did btw, the guy was a fucking moron but we're not without some blame here.

He was thought to have been captured by US forces in 2002 while he was being held in Kandahar jail in Afghanistan.

Originally the Muslim convert was from the Moss Side area of Manchester and was the father of five children.
    I like how many people are glossing over this. How the fuck did this totally innocent, previously not at all radical, basically gentle and decent man wind up making his way from Manchester to Kandahar? One can only assume that it's because of the infamous American incursion into Northwest Britain.

The OP is missing more than a decade of time, so he's got that going for him. He radicalized over the course of a decade, I've seen people radicalized on Facebook in much less time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I like how many people are glossing over this. How the fuck did this totally innocent, previously not at all radical, basically gentle and decent man wind up making his way from Manchester to Kandahar? One can only assume that it's because of the infamous American incursion into Northwest Britain.
    Idiots visit hostile and war-torn nations all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    If he had nothing to live for except a cause I dare say he didn't, no. This isn't me excusing what he did btw, the guy was a fucking moron but we're not without some blame here.
    He coulda lived for his kids in Manchester instead of trying to slaughter infidels. Easy for an ignorant atheist like me to say though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    He coulda lived for his kids in Manchester instead of trying to slaughter infidels. Easy for an ignorant atheist like me to say though.
    His kids may have all been grown up by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    His kids may have all been grown up by that time.
    I suppose that does sometimes happen when one leaves country to do whatever totally innocent thing he was doing in Kandahar. Still though, real shame about how the Americans radicalized him...

Deleted
    It's our fault, he just got radicalized in prison!
    Every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Every single time.
    Those sound like the excuses every time a white guy with a gun shoots people.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I wonder if the west will remeber what religion actually is before it gets maimed in a real way.

These people are not like bacon eating jews or Christians that stopped stoning homosexuals. They actually follow their beliefs.
    They're too busy "following their beliefs" of banging children to be any real threat. We just need to airdrop a collection of Roman Polanski movies and they won't leave their caves for centuries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Those sound like the excuses every time a white guy with a gun shoots people.
    The difference is that you can never tell if/when a crazy guy is going to shoot up his school. If you had a way to find them before the act, I wouldn't mind if you locked them up in Gitmo.

But we can do something about organized international terrorism. These people aren't going on a spree because their girlfriend dropped them, they communicate and organize their attacks. We can monitor individuals with high risk factors. They had this guy in Guantanamo once, but bleeding heart liberals got him released in the end. This could have been prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    They had this guy in Guantanamo once, but bleeding heart liberals got him released in the end. This could have been prevented.
    If the guy is guilty of something he needs to be put through the court system where he can defend himself and can be convicted of an actual crime.

Holding people indefinitely without trial or legal recourse is appalling. It's no wonder the guy turned violent when the government fucked him over. Having his rights stripped away would cause anyone to hate the government that did it to them.

The US isn't a 3rd world shithole and we should stop acting like it.

I'm sure he wasn't already radicalised when he arrived at gitmo, must be other people's fault for what he did. How many other muslims did he take with him? Nvm just read he drove into some Iraqi military guys.

And let's say he became radicalised in gitmo, If they hate the west so much why only kill your own people like isis and all other terror groups around the world does its 99% muslim against muslim violence, the shia/sunni hate is far worse then their hate for the west.

Shame he did not drive the car into a isis camp instead of the people fighting for the civilians safety in iraq.

Luckily they are getting better and better stopping these car/truck attacks in the middleeast, sure there is always some getting past roadblocks but they also kill tons of them before even getting close like this one, this one is funny to i have never seen a car going so far up in the air, he must have been confused with the car spinning so much lol, kurds must been laughing when seeing this, i wonder what they used for the car to go so high, ive seen alot of cars hit ied's but they only go a feew feet up so this must have been some crazy stuff.

Truck attacks are the worst when they load them up full of explosives and they can kill hundreds of civilians as we have seen alot.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-23 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    You could say that he Blew His Lid, ha ha ha
    haha thumbs up!