Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really like my town. There are some bad areas and to get to my place you have to drive down a road my friends and i like to call "the ghetto street". But i live on the water in a 2 bed room apartment for $950 a month. I'm half hour from baltimore and an hour from philly. I can get the city feel when i want to, but im mostly suburbs with some rural areas surrounding me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live near Bruges, and yes I like it. It's beautiful, small but has everything I need.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Yeah, my city is pretty great. Quiet, 2 hours from the beach, 2 hours from the Sierras, 3 hours from SF and 5 hours from LA. Pretty much all of California's must-visit destinations are a day trip for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in an ex-penal colony at the southern tip of Australia with pop. of about 250,000 people. Lots of awesome 200 year-old architecture, awesome foodie/art culture, good weather 90% of the year, nestled between a deep-water port on a river and the foot of a mountain. I get to work in the CBD and walk from home to work. It's a good life.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in Portland Maine the last three years. I liked it because it was a big city with a small city feel. All the comforts of a major city, without all the crowds.
    Putin khuliyo

Moved to Trondheim, Norway 2,5 years ago. Loving it. It's a 200 000 people city, but it feels like a 10 000 one tops. Just bought an apartment there, and will be staying for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portland, OR, US. It's a love/hate relationship. I've learned to love the dumb things, now I just find it charming.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I live in the DC area. DC is great, but the people can be uptight and too focused on work. Plus, everything is about politics. Aside from that DC has great restaurants/events/museums.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the City. It's people... not so much. Melbourne is basically the Australian version of California.

The city I live in has some nice looking views so it's not all bad. I just wish it weren't filled with drunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I like the City. It's people... not so much. Melbourne is basically the Australian version of California.
    So, liberal area that is economically prosperous that pisses off conservatives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's alright. There are some concerns to be had though (Such as the slowly expanding immigrant Ghetto a few miles away).

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I don't really care to be honest. I go to work, i come home. I don't really interact with people from Toronto. I guess its pretty good.
    Came to see if Jaylock thread...was not disappointed.

I live in Kansas City, and I love it. It's the biggest small town in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yeah, it's just the right size for me. Comfy little town with about 15,000 residents.
    Yeah, around 15k here too. I like the size, hate the people.

Yes. San Antonio is awesome sauce. 2 hours to beach. 1 hour to Austin which is awesome. 1-2 to Texas hill country which is awesome for camping/hiking/fishing. Traffic isn't bad unless a wreck and there is 7 different ways to get anywhere so if one is backed up you can take another. The Food is great and it's the best mexican food restaurants ever. And I've been all over Mexico. Night life is great, basketball games, rodeo, constant stream of different concerts to go to, river walk is cool. Alamo is alright. Town is growing like mad and companies that weren't here previously here are coming. Place called Southtown that's very hipster so if your into craft breweries and wonky restaurants, there's that too. Six flags and sea world are like a 5 minute drive for me so I can go during non peak hours and easily get the best no-lines experience.

Only things is we have I think second highest tax rate county in Texas and there are some parts of town you don't really want to be in after dark. And it gets hot as balls in the summer.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. I like the city, its pretty chill and relax. There is a plethora of beaches 40 minutes north and 40 minutes south. Some of the best beaches in Australia too. Which is good because Brisbane is one the hottest (consistently) cities in the country. Winters are very nice.

Deleted
    I like it not many muslims here, and no terrorist attacks.

My town:

Pro:
    Small(~15,000 people)
    Quiet
    Respectable people
    45 min. from NYC

Con:
    Expensive(highest property taxes in the country)
    Not a ton to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I just love Canada. So much. I love Ontario even more.
    the question was do you like your city? canada is a country and ontario is a province....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I don't really care to be honest. I go to work, i come home. I don't really interact with people from Toronto. I guess its pretty good.
    my city is ok i guess. nothing much to do here though.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Montréal is my home, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Most beautiful women in the world, good food, affordable living, great beer.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".