Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Their act is like pissing on a wild fire. It achieves nothing. The problem is all religious people think their relgion is the one right one and that all others are wrong.
    Not gonna argue with the latter point, but what it does show here is people integrating properly into another society, being that America is now a democratic society not governed by theocracy, so people accepting the fact other religions exist where they are, and helping it even, is a good step forward.. you know, as opposed to groups of people moving somewhere and demanding the place they move to recognize their faith and no others..
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is this going to be a regular occurrence? Muslims do a little bit of Charity and people are like "SEE!! SEE!! THEY ARE GUD!" since I rarely hear of all the other charity work that happens daily around America unless it is done by a small group of Muslims.

Well this Pentecostal American thinks that is right nice of them.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    So is this going to be a regular occurrence? Muslims do a little bit of Charity and people are like "SEE!! SEE!! THEY ARE GUD!" since I rarely hear of all the other charity work that happens daily around America unless it is done by a small group of Muslims.

You don't hear of charity work by others? Do you live in a hole?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I would love it to be a more regular occurrence as it shows how properly integrated Muslims can function like proper, empathetic human beings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseHold View Post
    I would love it to be a more regular occurrence as it shows how properly integrated Muslims can function like proper, empathetic human beings.

That's because the vast majority of them are, but the xenophobic cowards are just going to ignore any evidence that doesn't fit their flawed preconceived notions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their act is like pissing on a wild fire. It achieves nothing. The problem is all religious people think their relgion is the one right one and that all others are wrong.
    Why is that a problem? What opinions do you hold true, that are also obviously false to you?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    That's because the vast majority of them are, but the xenophobic cowards are just going to ignore any evidence that doesn't fit their flawed preconceived notions.
    Those people will exist no matter what but ideally should shrink over time. It is the people in the middle of the ideals that want to see this sort of thing and they are the important ones to convince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Properly integrated is like 99% of all Muslims or even those born in US that you never hear about. You only hear about the extreme, be it negative or in this case positive. Muslims were invisible in US, until 9/11 gave the incompetent a way to gain support through fearmongering.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Properly integrated is like 99% of all Muslims or even those born in US that you never hear about. You only hear about the extreme, be it negative or in this case positive. Muslims were invisible in US, until 9/11 gave the incompetent a way to gain support through fearmongering.
    Uh oh, the truth is coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    One group of people assisted another group of people restore vandalized property.

Including race and/or religion is an unnecessary tidbit in the article.

They are so nice.

However, they should fix the Twin Towers in New York first !

Then pray to their God to resurrect all dead people on 9/11.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really can't win with these people even when we do a good deed or charity work of which 90% isn't shown on popular media. Some of the comments on here are shining examples of this.

I wish they would stop giving any publicity to events like these so at least the usual suspects don't start spewing their conspiracy theories or questioning our motives. By this point I don't give a shit what the alt-right nutjobs think of us as we'll keep contributing and giving back to our community while they have furious wank fests online .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    They are so nice.

Yes because we're all equally culpable for the actions of a few nutters. I assume you spend time praying for all the dead people compliment of US foreign politics as well?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't hear of charity work by others? Do you live in a hole?
    I said "rarely" Also, if they are so integrated why isn't it just "Americans raise Money to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery". Specifically needing to point out their Religion is just pointless pandering and just makes it seem more like it is something super special or unique that a few Muslims are doing something considered "good".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    One group of people assisted another group of people restore vandalized property.

Including race and/or religion is an unnecessary tidbit in the article.
    but how will people virtue signal if they don't!!!!!11

Deleted
    It's not about whose faith is right or wrong. It's more about that one small community performing a nice gesture (and most likely even that more for show than out of genuine sympathy) doesn't change anything in the big picture of Islamic violence, terrorism and hatemongering that all stem from the same basic teachins found in the Koran and the Hadiths. It's like an individual member of the NSDAP being nice to a Jewish kid.

That's the thing most muslims in the western world are. They're just people trying to live their lives going day to day like everyone else in Joe public. But let's face it they'll never be a headline in the news of "Today 99.9% of Muslims (or any other religious group or non religious) group did nothing wrong." because simply put it's boring news. Nobody wants news of things/people being normal they want news of unusual or shocking events. Good or Bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's not about whose faith is right or wrong. It's more about that one small community performing a nice gesture (and most likely even that more for show than out of genuine sympathy) doesn't change anything in the big picture of Islamic violence, terrorism and hatemongering that all stem from the same basic teachins found in the Koran and the Hadiths. It's like an individual member of the NSDAP being nice to a Jewish kid.
    Same can be said for Christians in both the OT and NT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Same can be said for Christians in both the OT and NT.
    Most Christians have evolved. Most Muslims haven't. That's the major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Most Christians have evolved. Most Muslims haven't. That's the major difference.
    And they are both still idiots stuck in the past scared that their lives are meaningless without a wizard to live with in the sky when they die.

Which part was the hoax? The fact that the cemetery was desecrated? The fact that the money was raised?
    That it was raised by muslims. Only muslims allowed to offer money, or what?
    Lets be honest here for a second. Muslims and Jews are like cats and dogs.
    Most likely this was a public stunt to promote peace, love, acceptance, harmony and every buzzword those hippies love.
    And most likely the majority of that money came from the same liberal orientated hippies, not muslims.

Don't get me wrong, im not saying this is wrong or bad or im not supporting it. I'm saying the presentation is misleading and it's charged with political propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    They are so nice.

Does that mean you have to rebuild everything that some random douchebag from your religion destroyed in recent history?

- - - Updated - - -

That was very nice of those people for helping out.

People who vandalize cemeteries are assholes. This thread will be locked within a couple hours.