Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    For the purposes of the multi-ethnic liberal friend quota i think it works :P
    I've been friends with him since I was 6 Before I grew up to be Hitler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I know plenty of Liberal Women, some even Lesbians that feel uncomfortable as hell at the prospect of a transitioning Male using the same bathrooms as them.

This isn't really a Right vs Left debate.

let the Virtue-Signalling begin!
    If they start stirring the issue they'd better finish it properly as well.

Unless you start allowing them to be worse for the sake of having cunts. Ethical problems ahoy!

Quote Originally Posted by boomzy View Post
    pretty sure emails aren't why hillary lost. People hated her way before that, and years from now when they still hate her it won't be because of emails.
    but
    her
    emails

Another day, another "who could have possibly thought?".

The conservative folk always circlejerk about criminals gonna get a gun anyways argument, how is this any different? It's not stopping predators. You can drop your "concerns", everybody sees through it anyway.

It looks like we have more big-government conservatism in this country. This is something that government does not need to be involved in, let people and businesses do what they want.

I guess many missed that it's a decision based on this being a states' rights issue, not something the federal government should issue mandates on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    A lot of alt accounts on here lately.
    Have you noticed how many of the big accounts have been on extended vacations :P

OT: So what was that about "Trump will always protect the LGBTQ community. Looks like Jarvanka couldn't stop this shitshow this time around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You expect *insert politician here* to not bait-and-switch regarding their political promises?
    FTFY. Not defending Trump but all politicians do that once they are voted into office.

Sure it won't be uncomfortable when this person has to now use the men's room right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    FTFY. Not defending Trump but all politicians do that once they are voted into office.
    Of course, but Trump is lauded as the second coming, and apparently delivers on all his promises.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    because people are afraid of rape even though a man from across the hall in the guys bathroom could just walk in
    No, the signs on the doors have magic powers fueled by laws put in place, everyone knows that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm not LGBT myself, so any advancement in their rights is something I support for the sake of considering it generally positive and not harming anyone. Take marriage equality for one, it doesn't cause one bit of damage to straight couples and their respective marriages if a gay-couple can tie the knot too.

The bathroom issue isn't as clear cut, as some people can feel threatened, perhaps even violated, if a member of the opposite sex is allowed to use their facilities. What trans-people are given here, it is taken from cis-people, unlike in marriage equality, where no one loses anything (other than some "traditional values" being stepped on).

So for the time being, as trans-matters are still an on-going development, I wouldn't grant trans-people the use of the facilities of the gender they identify with. Western society keeps developing, so I think at some point it won't be an issue anymore, especially when technology advances enough to make actual sex-change operations possible. Right now they are superficial.

I like unisex bathrooms myself and believe they will be the preferred bathroom type for new buildings. They are a kind of training wheels for women and men to get used to feeling comfortable in the presence of each other.

Sounds like a really important issue to use the force of the federal government on. Obviously anyone that doesn't want to use the force of the federal government on this is an ignorant, regressive bigot.

Is that the currently correct stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sounds like a really important issue to use the force of the federal government on. Obviously anyone that doesn't want to use the force of the federal government on this is an ignorant, regressive bigot.

Is that the currently correct stance?
    It was Trump who, instead of leaving it in the court limbo, moved on it. Priorities, eh?

This actually is pretty clear cut, despite what folks may claim.

1.) These bills pathologize boys and men as rapists looking to take advantage.

2.) They push trans girls and trans women into the same bathrooms as men and boys (who they say rape).

3.) These bills then assume trans girls and trans women won't be raped (but they say they rape).

Except, of course, they often are (47% of trans people report having been sexually assaulted in their life). This is nothing but an attempt to disappear an entire minority from public life through threats of assault and rape.

Let's also dispense with the notion that this is about men in the women's room. Most new filings of bathroom bills dispense with the notion that a change in identifying documents and SRS (Look at Missouri and Texas). Even a transwoman with a snatch can't piss in the lady's room legally.

I guess America still hasn't woken up to the fact that this man is going to screw with everyones rights despite saying otherwise during his campaign.

Maybe the penny will finally drop when he goes after YOUR rights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    No, it's just horrific her parents weren't charged with child abuse for letting a young child who didn't understand the repercussions inject hormones into their body. Some day the people who did this shit will be looked down on like those who experimented on the mentally ill. That being said, no one would bat an eye if that person walked into the women's bathroom. It's when the edgelord hipster with a beard decides that his gender fluidity allows him to be a woman that day. You know, the people who haven't been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and are just doing it because it's the trendy thing to do, not because they're actually mentally ill and need the help.
    In my country multiple professional opinions are required. It's not something the kid or the parents can just decide. If that's not the case in your state, I'd look for the blame there.

Either way, you probably don't know anything about the girl or any of the procedures she might have gone through. At least you got your edginess of your chest.

No, it's just horrific her parents weren't charged with child abuse for letting a young child who didn't understand the repercussions inject hormones into their body. Some day the people who did this shit will be looked down on like those who experimented on the mentally ill. That being said, no one would bat an eye if that person walked into the women's bathroom. It's when the edgelord hipster with a beard decides that his gender fluidity allows him to be a woman that day. You know, the people who haven't been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and are just doing it because it's the trendy thing to do, not because they're actually mentally ill and need the help.
    What a silly post.

1.) No one gives cross gender hormones to kids. Young children only socially transition, meaning they dress as their preferred gender and take on a gendered name. Adolescents are given puberty blockers (safe and fully reversible) well into their mid-late teens to allow for evaluation and good decision making.

AAP and APOC guidance: http://hrc-assets.s3-website-us-east...nsChildren.pdf

2.) Neither the DSM-5 or the upcoming ICD-11 view being transgender as a mental illness. The diagnosis remains because of the practical impacts of WPATH over the last forty years.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a really bizarre thing to do. All this will do is antagonize the opposition.
    Eat yo vegetables

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't aware Americans had a right to arbitrarily create a concept like gender theory, and enter whatever restroom they wanted. For a group that often claims to be all about "the science", you guys sure through fact, logic and research out the window on this topic.
    Did your imginary friend in the sky help you type that?