Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If we are talking about middle school, as mentioned earlier, a sign on the door is not going to stop someone from going into a different bathroom than they are meant to.
    No, but it might encourage others to do it who wouldnt normally do it, if the sign is taken down. Just like the number of people who smoke marijuana more than doubled in the states where its legal. Now that you cant get in trouble for doing it, many more people will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Where did you even hear that? Whoever told you that is lying to you, because California doesn't pay for SRS outside of prisoners and there is no surgeon in the US that'd preform SRS on still developing genitals, well maybe if you paid them enough for them to be okay with the criminal charges and losing their license.
    Back alley abortions, back alley prostitution, back alley drugs, back alley plastic surgery, back alley SRS.

The back alley will always provide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Only in fantasy land. Otherwise they are equivalent.
    No, not in fantasy land. You don't get to choose how words are defined.

Gender: the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

Sex: either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump did not divide the country. You can thank the democrats for that, their entire campaign in the last year was based on claiming that Trump is literally Hitler, since no one could bring up any sensible argument of why Hillary would be a good president to campaign that way instead.
    Hillary was a shit choice, and trump was a shit choice.

I believe Trump is basically the worst possible choice though. Id have rathered 4 years of nothing changing, than appointing one of the most questionable cabinets in many decades. The "whats to come" prospects are quite troubling.

You are right, the election definitely divided the country, but I wouldn't pin it all on the Dem's. The Repub's are just as guitly for fueling the fire.

But now we have Trump vs the Media. Which will continue to fuel the divisive flames.

Media: dont trust trump
    Whitehouse: dont trust the media

This will not go well for the citizens.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    People can balk all they want. I don't think there's an expectation for people to pretend that weirdos are normal. But that's not the same thing as restricting degrees of freedom.
    And some people will take balking as bullying. That's part of the problem right below people concerned about who's taking a shit next to them.

Deleted
    No, not in fantasy land. You don't get to choose how words are defined.
    You also don't get to change the meanings of words to fit your LGBT agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And some people will take balking as bullying. That's part of the problem right below people concerned about who's taking a shit next to them.
    And those people are stupid/hypersensitive. Let's stick to logical arguments here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What planet do you live on?
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...onies-faq.html

A handful of states still require blood tests for couples planning to marry. Most do not. (For information on which states require them, see Chart: State Marriage License and Blood Test Requirements.
    Premarital blood tests check for venereal disease or rubella. The tests may also disclose the presence of genetic disorders such as sickle-cell anemia or Tay-Sachs disease. You will not be tested for HIV, but in some states, the person who tests you will provide you with information about HIV and AIDS. In most states, blood tests can be waived for people over 50 and for other reasons, including pregnancy or sterility.
    If either partner tests positive for a venereal disease, what happens depends on the state where you are marrying. Some states may refuse to issue you a marriage license. Other states may allow you to marry as long as you both know that the disease is present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Media: dont trust trump
    Whitehouse: dont trust the media

This will not go well for the citizens.
    To be fair, a large majority of the media is extremely biased. Left and right side both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? You think I defined those?

Why don't you type 'define sex' and 'define gender' into your search bar, see what pops up. Because that's what I did, and then I copied and pasted those definitions into my post.

Are you really this delusional? You know I won't make fun of you for accepting reality, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Back alley abortions, back alley prostitution, back alley drugs, back alley plastic surgery, back alley SRS.

The back alley will always provide
    I'm sure someone would try for enough cash, but I wouldn't call them a surgeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So if you're HIV+ you can't marry in America ?
    You can, but the blood test is required so that the person you want to marry knows you have HIV and you cant hide it from them. I believe the blood test is also done to determine that the 2 people getting married arent related

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Meaning changes all the time. And as a queer person myself
    "Queer"?

Why not just say which one lol?

Couple of things on this:

1) Wasn't Trump always leaning towards states' rights? This seems consistent, but I could be wrong.

2) People posting pictures of passing trans people and going "this girl will have to use the mens' bathroom" are absurd. There isn't a genital inspector on the door. This mainly affects non-passing and *maybe* some unfortunate looking cis people, so it doesn't help your argument to act like Buck Angel will have to go pee with the women. And yes I think it sucks that those people might be harassed or be embarrassed having to use a bathroom they don't feel they belong in.

3) Why not just have gender neutral already? I still can't believe this is "an issue" (I also can't bring myself to care about it enough to argue, so this will be my first and final post in this thread), and as a man I find it ridiculous that one of the main arguments used is "but men are predatory and can't be trusted around women". Stop.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-02-23 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    No, it's just horrific her parents weren't charged with child abuse for letting a young child who didn't understand the repercussions inject hormones into their body. Some day the people who did this shit will be looked down on like those who experimented on the mentally ill. That being said, no one would bat an eye if that person walked into the women's bathroom. It's when the edgelord hipster with a beard decides that his gender fluidity allows him to be a woman that day. You know, the people who haven't been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and are just doing it because it's the trendy thing to do, not because they're actually mentally ill and need the help.

I wasn't aware Americans had a right to arbitrarily create a concept like gender theory, and enter whatever restroom they wanted. For a group that often claims to be all about "the science", you guys sure through fact, logic and research out the window on this topic.
    The APA doesn't deem them being mentally ill. I'll take your word for it though since you're clearly a leading authority on psychology and gender studies .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, a large majority of the media is extremely biased. Left and right side both.
    Agreed. And the lines of what is journalism, and what is just echoing off opinions have blurred. So there is some credibility to Trumps claims.

However, his handling of this is quite immature. Hed rather the people turn their backs on the media, than figure out a way to bring honesty back to the reporters.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Why don't you type 'define sex' and 'define gender' into your search bar, see what pops up. Because that's what I did, and then I copied and pasted those definitions into my post.
    Good thing google is an unbiased authority. Are you going to use wikipedia as a source next?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well who does get to change the meaning of words? Dictionaries, experts on the subject matter? Because both of those have already agreed upon those definitions, it's just you and people like you who are left out.

And those people are stupid/hypersensitive. Let's stick to logical arguments here.
    The only thing I can come up with to not be on board is maybe wanting to walk your children slowly into trans people. But that logic is undone as soon as someone corrects them on gendering and actual trans person and the kid learns there.

Otherwise, people are uncomfortable around opposite genders as both nontrans and trans people care who surrounds them. If it wasn't for the fear of being a guy in a woman's bathroom, I'd have no qualms about using the other bathroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing google is an unbiased authority. Are you going to use wikipedia as a source next?
    You haven't provided a shred of evidence to counter my points. You can just plug your ears and whine that it isn't so, but know that you're making yourself look like a mentally handicapped toddler when you do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in fantasy land. Otherwise they are equivalent.
    No they really aren't, try again.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)